• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

14 team keeper draft

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! A draft I am proud of!

I was picking from the 13th spot in a 14 team league. Keepers are hard to come by in this league, but I had 3 pretty good values. Here are the results:

1: Montee Ball- ecstatic that he was there! Best possible, realistic outcome for my first pick.
2: Doug Martin- moving up draft boards quickly
3: Michael Floyd- Needed a WR here anf Floyd was the best available
4: Shane Vereen- He is my 4th RB, but you can never be too deep here.
5: Jordan Cameron- KEEPER- was torn on whether or not to keep Cameron. In the end, I decided to because I knew I would miss Graham in the first, thought I would miss Gronk in the 3rd and Thomas was a keeper. Since my 7th and 8th round picks were already pre-determined, I had to do it or risk missing on the position entirely. When Gronk was available to me in the 3rd, I was pretty upset. Oh well.
6: Russel Wilson- Last startable QB on the board
7: Alfred Morris- KEEPER
8: Percy Harvin- KEEPER
9: Marcus Wheaton
10: D'andre Hopkins
11: Lance Dunbar
12: Cody Latimer
13: Cincy D
14: Mason Crosby
15: Jonathan Grimes

I really like the squad overall, but half my team has a week 4 bye. Guess I will lose that week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loving every pick up through round 11, and i like round 13......but when you get that deep your grasping straws, nice work

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loving every pick up through round 11, and i like round 13......but when you get that deep your grasping straws, nice work

Thanks!

Latimer and Grimes were picked more as potential keepers for next season.

Keepers must be drafted and held all season long and to keep someone, you give up a pick 4 rounds earlier than where you took the player. Half the teams in the league don't have any keepers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that case kudos, i didnt know that tidbit, then they are really good picks

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! A draft I am proud of!

I was picking from the 13th spot in a 14 team league. Keepers are hard to come by in this league, but I had 3 pretty good values. Here are the results:

1: Montee Ball- ecstatic that he was there! Best possible, realistic outcome for my first pick.
2: Doug Martin- moving up draft boards quickly
3: Michael Floyd- Needed a WR here anf Floyd was the best available
4: Shane Vereen- He is my 4th RB, but you can never be too deep here.
5: Jordan Cameron- KEEPER- was torn on whether or not to keep Cameron. In the end, I decided to because I knew I would miss Graham in the first, thought I would miss Gronk in the 3rd and Thomas was a keeper. Since my 7th and 8th round picks were already pre-determined, I had to do it or risk missing on the position entirely. When Gronk was available to me in the 3rd, I was pretty upset. Oh well.
6: Russel Wilson- Last startable QB on the board
7: Alfred Morris- KEEPER
8: Percy Harvin- KEEPER
9: Marcus Wheaton
10: D'andre Hopkins
11: Lance Dunbar
12: Cody Latimer
13: Cincy D
14: Mason Crosby
15: Jonathan Grimes

I really like the squad overall, but half my team has a week 4 bye. Guess I will lose that week.

I like it better than my 12 teamer...............that's a good team. How the hell did you get Ball and Martin at #13/#15????

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those two fell in my big league as well sam.......

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those two fell in my big league as well sam.......

Yeah, I guess with the 4 round rule the top dogs are still pretty much out there.............with all the news on Martin lately I'd think he might not have made it that far.........as far as Ball goes, well I'd think there would have been one of those first 12 guys that had him that high.........must have been one of the guys that got Shady,AP,Charles,Forte,Lacey,Megatron......................yeah, I can see it now!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it better than my 12 teamer...............that's a good team. How the hell did you get Ball and Martin at #13/#15????

I actually reached a little for Martin relative to his ADP, but I think people have been slow to adjust to his role expansion. I have no idea how Ball fell to pick 13. Lynch went 6, Graham 7, then Demaryius 8, Megatron 9, Murray 10, AJ Green 11, Peyton 12.

I was hoping to get one of Murray, Ball or Dez, never in a million years did I think I would be picking between Dez and Ball. Easy choice, but still not one I thought I would have.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually reached a little for Martin relative to his ADP, but I think people have been slow to adjust to his role expansion. I have no idea how Ball fell to pick 13. Lynch went 6, Graham 7, then Demaryius 8, Megatron 9, Murray 10, AJ Green 11, Peyton 12.

I was hoping to get one of Murray, Ball or Dez, never in a million years did I think I would be picking between Dez and Ball. Easy choice, but still not one I thought I would have.

I agree...............last night I was getting all kinds of shit from the guys in our league for keeping him........I just smiled and told them they should do some homework...........lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...............last night I was getting all kinds of shit from the guys in our league for keeping him........I just smiled and told them they should do some homework...........lol.

If we did the MBBRL draft over again right now, he would be a first rounder for sure. Maybe even top 10. I think Martin, Murray and Lynch make up their own mini-tier after the top 6.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the RB's, absolutely loathe the rest of it. You're gonna struggle IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the RB's, absolutely loathe the rest of it. You're gonna struggle IMO.

I disagree strongly, but I do appreciate the feedback.

It is a 14 team league.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree strongly, but I do appreciate the feedback.

It is a 14 team league.

I'll hold no ill will if you can call me an idiot at the end of the season!

Hey, the draft is only half the reason for success at best. Management is the most important factor.

IMO, in a 14 team league, team defense management is the deciding factor in the end. I probably play 10 different team defenses in a 14 team league in a 14 game season. AND THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I don't think people understand or grasp that concept. They take that slot for granted. And those 5-10 points a week playing the matchups can make a HUGE difference week to week.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hold no ill will if you can call me an idiot at the end of the season!

Hey, the draft is only half the reason for success at best. Management is the most important factor.

IMO, in a 14 team league, team defense management is the deciding factor in the end. I probably play 10 different team defenses in a 14 team league in a 14 game season. AND THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I don't think people understand or grasp that concept. They take that slot for granted. And those 5-10 points a week playing the matchups can make a HUGE difference week to week.

I agree with that comment, and I do play matchups even though the Bengals D is more highly ranked than what I normally draft. I will likely drop them when they play the Pats.

For prospective though, I will post two other teams from this league. The first is the only team projected to score more points than mine, and the second will be a team projected to finish 8th out of 14. Just posting starters

Good team:

QB- Stafford
WR- Cobb
WR- Edelman
RB- AP
RB- Foster
TE- D. Walker
FLEX- L. Bell
K- Walsh
D- Buffalo

* Cobb was a 5th round keeper for this guy. I think this team is very good and when I play him in week 2, it will come down to matchups.

Average team-

QB- Romo
WR- Megatron
WR- R. White
RB- Ellington
RB- D. Freeman
TE- Eifert
FLex- Garcon
K- Gostkowski
D- Seattle

Unless his team has a great week, I just don't see how a team like this can match up. And this is not even close to the worst.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that first team. Absolutely despise the second.

My 14 team money league team is

Luck
Lynch, Thomas, Jackson, West
Marshall, Jeffrey, Cooks, Williams, Smith, Sanu
Witten
Bryant
Steelers

So, I believe my team pounds those teams on paper. Now, what happens in real life remains to be seen. Also, my league mates may not be as sophisticated. I'll play at least 10 different team D's in 14 weeks, though. Always do. Missed the playoffs once in this league in 13 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that first team. Absolutely despise the second.

My 14 team money league team is

Luck
Lynch, Thomas, Jackson, West
Marshall, Jeffrey, Cooks, Williams, Smith, Sanu
Witten
Bryant
Steelers

So, I believe my team pounds those teams on paper. Now, what happens in real life remains to be seen. Also, my league mates may not be as sophisticated. I'll play at least 10 different team D's in 14 weeks, though. Always do. Missed the playoffs once in this league in 13 years.

sorry your rb's are weak, your wr's are on the same team whcih could provide some problems.....qb is solid but about the same as stafford.....cook COULD be big......steelers d stinks.....its a good team for a 14 team league, but to act like its superior to anything else posted doesnt make sense to me

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry your rb's are weak, your wr's are on the same team whcih could provide some problems.....qb is solid but about the same as stafford.....cook COULD be big......steelers d stinks.....its a good team for a 14 team league, but to act like its superior to anything else posted doesnt make sense to me

It's not PPR. And I'll play 3 WR and 1 RB every week most likely. No FLEX in this league. League rules is 1 RB/3WR, 2 each, or 3/1. I disagree wholeheartedly with you with this format.

I'll also switch the D almost every week. Pitt just happens to play the hapless Browns week 1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not PPR. And I'll play 3 WR and 1 RB every week most likely. No FLEX in this league. League rules is 1 RB/3WR, 2 each, or 3/1. I disagree wholeheartedly with you with this format.

I'll also switch the D almost every week. Pitt just happens to play the hapless Browns week 1.

That does make a big difference. The strength of my team and also the other good team I posted, IMO, is that we have huge weekly advantages at FLEX without giving away anything at other positions. You start 1 fewer player, so depth is not as important. Also, my advantage of getting Morris and Harvin in rounds 7 and 8 makes comparing the 2 teams a total apples to oranges deal.

Still though, I like my team's chances to beat yours, even in your format with 2 of my stars on the bench.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does make a big difference. The strength of my team and also the other good team I posted, IMO, is that we have huge weekly advantages at FLEX without giving away anything at other positions. You start 1 fewer player, so depth is not as important. Also, my advantage of getting Morris and Harvin in rounds 7 and 8 makes comparing the 2 teams a total apples to oranges deal.

Still though, I like my team's chances to beat yours, even in your format with 2 of my stars on the bench.

The question is who do I start week 1? Williams, Sanu? Who?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is who do I start week 1? Williams, Sanu? Who?

Tough call.

I really need to start Terrance Williams at Flex in 1 league where I did not draft well at all, but I am afraid to because my first 2 picks were Dez and Murray. Something tells me that 3 Cowboys against the 49ers is not the way to go.

I think either Williams or Sanu could do well. Coin flip IMO.