• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

14-15 Prediction Time

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leading Scorer - Curry

Most Injured - Hurts to think about this. I'll go with Bogut, unfortunately.

Most Improved - Klay. He will show a more rounded offensive game, and continue to progress on defense. Will make the All-Star team. Second on this list for me is Ezeli.

Biggest disappointment - Green. A good scrapper, but he's very over-hyped on every Warriors board.

How Many wins - 58. 2nd in the Western Conference (more on this below)

Will there be a trade - No. Unless there is a significant injury, or we are very under-performing.

Playoffss? WCF? - WCF

How many All-Stars - 2: Curry + Klay.

Is this list pointless? No. Being a Lakers fan is pointless, but this list isn't.

Watching the pre-season, we seem to have an offensive juggernaut, and that's even with an unacceptable number of turnovers. I don't think we are going to stumble badly defensively, so if you upgrade the offense (as we seem to have done) and maintain a top-5 defense, the only way to go is up.

Livingston is going to stabilize the bench, particularly if Iguodala also comes off of it. (Note: not saying I'm advocating this, just that that seems to be the way it's trending.) Both of those guys know how to get points for others. The bench and coaching (including coaching the bench) were the things that held us back last year, and both are markedly upgraded.

I never bet against the Spurs these days (after years of making that mistake). I think OKC will stumble out of the gate with Durant's injury, and not be able to catch up enough to get back in the mix for the 1-3 seeds. The Clippers are good, but seem (to me) to be missing something, I see #3 as the peak for them. And I look how the Warriors have manhandled them in pre-season (yeah, I know..... it's pre-season, you can't count that for much), even while we've been short-handed, and I struggle to see why they're ranked higher than us except for the charisma of CP3, Blake, and Lob City.

I'll probably eat my words, but I really think this is a year that we take a big step up with this team.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading Scorer - Curry

Most Injured - Hurts to think about this. I'll go with Bogut, unfortunately.

Most Improved - Klay. He will show a more rounded offensive game, and continue to progress on defense. Will make the All-Star team. Second on this list for me is Ezeli.

Biggest disappointment - Green. A good scrapper, but he's very over-hyped on every Warriors board.

How Many wins - 58. 2nd in the Western Conference (more on this below)

Will there be a trade - No. Unless there is a significant injury, or we are very under-performing.

Playoffss? WCF? - WCF

How many All-Stars - 2: Curry + Klay.

Is this list pointless? No. Being a Lakers fan is pointless, but this list isn't.

Watching the pre-season, we seem to have an offensive juggernaut, and that's even with an unacceptable number of turnovers. I don't think we are going to stumble badly defensively, so if you upgrade the offense (as we seem to have done) and maintain a top-5 defense, the only way to go is up.

Livingston is going to stabilize the bench, particularly if Iguodala also comes off of it. (Note: not saying I'm advocating this, just that that seems to be the way it's trending.) Both of those guys know how to get points for others. The bench and coaching (including coaching the bench) were the things that held us back last year, and both are markedly upgraded.

I never bet against the Spurs these days (after years of making that mistake). I think OKC will stumble out of the gate with Durant's injury, and not be able to catch up enough to get back in the mix for the 1-3 seeds. The Clippers are good, but seem (to me) to be missing something, I see #3 as the peak for them. And I look how the Warriors have manhandled them in pre-season (yeah, I know..... it's pre-season, you can't count that for much), even while we've been short-handed, and I struggle to see why they're ranked higher than us except for the charisma of CP3, Blake, and Lob City.

I'll probably eat my words, but I really think this is a year that we take a big step up with this team.

Interesting thoughts as always, not sure how to handicap Livingston's affect on the team yet, he hasn't played in SL or Preseason. If heaven forbid, Steph goes down with injury, its going to be another PG by committee nightmare. Barbosa, Nedo, AI#9, Livingston (if healthy) :L

Biggest news from Clipperland this offseason was their stupid Owner and his "private thoughts". I think losing Collison is going to hurt them more than they care to admit. CP3 is getting older, will Crawford be able to be the 6th man of the year again? :noidea:

I haven't been to mg lear, I may have to go lurk over there and see what folks are saying. Green had his moments last year, but I don't ever see him as a full time starting 3/4 on this team. Not yet atleast.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mama said there would be nights like this

Steph may have more range, but like most "experts", I think this is the year KLay steps up and takes charge.

Per Coach Shaw ''I think Klay Thompson may be the best 2-guard in the league right now.'' - Shaw said.

I can't disagree with the above statement. Steph is going to have nights where he pops off, but I'd bet a beer that Klay leads the team in scoring this year.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Klay - Steph will have his nights, but night in and night out, I see Klay taking that next step this year
2) Tie between Livingston and FE in my book, those nagging injuries are going to persist
3) AI#9 - Sounds silly, but I think he can be much better this year than last year
4) DGreen - Not going to say Green is going to turn into crap, but more I think his minutes will be limited and his role will probably be different under Kerr. Jackson more than anyone elevated DG.
5) 53 wins
6) Dubs need Front Court help, I could see us dumping a 2nd round pick for a proven vet later this year
7) My heart wants to say NBA Finals, but I see us getting to the WCF and probably losing to OKC
8) Allstars - Steph, Klay, Bogut. DLee and AI#9 could be voted in as replacements
9) This list is pointless :nod:

So my Crystal ball was off 2 months ago. I got #3 and 4 in the wrong places. Cleary D.Green spent his summer working in the gym on his game, and while AI#9 Dominating Preseason, he hasn't exactly shown up big in the stats the 1st 2 months.

D.Lee 6 mins so far this year :L

I still think there's going to be a trade. FE hasn't shown an improvement, I know its hard to work on your game when you are injured, but we can't overwork Speights, at the back up 5, we need him fresh later down the road.

Dubs could sniff 60 wins if the cards fall into place. Sixers, Detroit, Knicks, Lakers, Minnesota are down right horrible this year, they could be disbanded and I think the league would be much better for it. Out of those 5, who makes the playoffs first in the next 3 years? I would bet on MINN because Rubio/Wiggins backcourt shows promise if they can stay healthy.

Knicks and Lakers will not improve until Melo and Kobe's contracts are long gone :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Green's improvement was not anticipated by anyone.

P.S. I like to re-read my comments.