• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 team, 2 QB League

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One keeper (5th round or later from last year) = Doug Martin

Standard scoring

6th pick

QB- Luck
QB- Bradford
RB- Martin
RB- Charles
RB/WR- Ridley
WR- AJ Green
WR- Steve Smith
Flex- Bowe
TE- Vernon
D/S - Browns (I like to stream)
K-Janikowski

Steve Johnson
Ballard
Tate
Thompkins
Michael Floyd
Rivers

I feel like I've got a solid team, no?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW

Martin/Charles/AJG/Ridley/Luck is just silly. Methinks you've got a winner.

:clap:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One keeper (5th round or later from last year) = Doug Martin

Standard scoring

6th pick

QB- Luck
QB- Bradford
RB- Martin
RB- Charles
RB/WR- Ridley
WR- AJ Green
WR- Steve Smith
Flex- Bowe
TE- Vernon
D/S - Browns (I like to stream)
K-Janikowski

Steve Johnson
Ballard
Tate
Thompkins
Michael Floyd
Rivers

I feel like I've got a solid team, no?
Yeah that's a good team. Is that Golden Tate of Ben Tate? If Ben, offer him up to the Foster owner and see what you might get...............who knows, if you were to package him with Bradford you might be able to upgrade at QB 2.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team league, you dont have gread depth on your bench... you have thompkins and tate and that is all your potential... In a 2 QB league i dont think you have great QBs, you have 2 big question marks... The rams clearly have gotten better, but can bradford become a top 15 QB, if he doesnt then you are screwed... Luck had a great rookie year, but the problem with being so good last year is that they now actually have a more difficult schedule... they will face better teams, and the question is if he can handle the pressure... so the QB situation i would assume is the worst in the league, and that is a major problem... You do have great running backs with riddley as your 3, the rest of your team is very good... I see your team to compete but just be short of the money... What i would do is try to trade riddley, bradford, and a WR not named aj green and take a small hit at RB(Benard,lacy, miller) and try to get a tony romo or matt ryan type of QB instead maybe even a cam newton(people love to hate him)...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's a good team. Is that Golden Tate of Ben Tate? If Ben, offer him up to the Foster owner and see what you might get...............who knows, if you were to package him with Bradford you might be able to upgrade at QB 2.

Ben...that is a good thought. Thanks brah.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben...that is a good thought. Thanks brah.

Remember though, in a 2 qb league the chances are that every QB will be taken and none will be available... it is not worth it to make a small upgrade... right now you have an elite 2(luck) and 2 elite Bye week replacements(Rivers and Bradford). If you dont upgrade with another elite QB2 or QB1 then you are not going to be able to win this league... Luckily though you do have the trade bait to get one...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team league, you dont have gread depth on your bench... you have thompkins and tate and that is all your potential...

I don't know about that. Floyd, IMO, has a lot of potential in AZ since they clearly are not going to be running the ball, and will likely be playing from behind a lot. Same goes with Stevie Johnson, as they will be having to throw the ball quite a bit there. He's no WR1 or 2, but he's a decent guy to have in a pinch (1000+ yards, 6+ TDs for 3 straight years now).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having played in quite a few 2QB leagues..I'd say your average at best. You got all that great depth and good starters by sacrificing the QB spot..when in reality all you need in a 2QB league to assure a playoff spot is 2 great QB's. You'll have a decided disadvantage at 2 positions that score the most against (likely) ever team in your league. And that disadvantage will be hard to overcome with only slight advantages at RB/WR.
Do whatever you can to upgrade Bradford/Rivers is my advice. Good luck

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Treff summed it up nicely there - you will more than likely be outscored at QB most weeks. pretty big disadvantage in a 2QB league. Martin/Charles should make up for Bradford as your #2, but if you had a better guy in that spot, your team would be a ton stronger.

great start with those 2 RBs and Green/Ridley, now you need to hope EJ Manuel/T Pryor/Geno Smith can become reliable QB2s/fill ins, but even those guys might already be gone in a 2QB league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for the record this is the type of trade i would try to make: riddley, steve smith and bradford/rivers for Vereen and romo/stafford/kaepparnick/newton...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to realize that QBs are going to be expensive to upgrade!!!

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having played in quite a few 2QB leagues..I'd say your average at best. You got all that great depth and good starters by sacrificing the QB spot..when in reality all you need in a 2QB league to assure a playoff spot is 2 great QB's. You'll have a decided disadvantage at 2 positions that score the most against (likely) ever team in your league. And that disadvantage will be hard to overcome with only slight advantages at RB/WR.
Do whatever you can to upgrade Bradford/Rivers is my advice. Good luck

I've finished in the top 5 of this league three years in a row, and was runner up last year. I've used the strategy to get one top tier qb and one average qb all three years, so what you're saying isn't necessarily true.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finished in the top 5 of this league three years in a row, and was runner up last year. I've used the strategy to get one top tier qb and one average qb all three years, so what you're saying isn't necessarily true.

Well you don't HAVE to have two great QB's, and you can still compete without two great ones..however, I do notice you never won..;)

but regardless, you've admitted one elite, and one average was a good formula for you, and I'd agree to that, very sound, safe strategy... but, you're missing the elite portion, and the average guy is very average at best this year. Just saying its gonna be a rough go, not that your team is crap, it isn't.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you don't HAVE to have two great QB's, and you can still compete without two great ones..however, I do notice you never won..;)

but regardless, you've admitted one elite, and one average was a good formula for you, and I'd agree to that, very sound, safe strategy... but, you're missing the elite portion, and the average guy is very average at best this year. Just saying its gonna be a rough go, not that your team is crap, it isn't.

I see what you mean, no problem...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta say, I think Luck is gonna be a top 7-8 QB this year. They don't have the RB personnel or the defense to be a run-heavy team like people think, and they have all the talent to be an air-it-out team. I think he'll have a fantastic year.

Bradford, though not as talented, will be throwing quite a bit himself. I'm not even remotely sold on any of the RBs there (much like Indy), and they have all sorts of talent at TE and WR (like Indy). They have a better defense, but play in a tougher division with better offenses. Of course you would rather have better ones, but I don't see it being a clear cut loser at the position with that duo.