• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 8) Washington Wizards

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew the Raps would win this series.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Heat also blow it up since they lost in the first round?
Wouldn't be too much of a blow up in Miami.

In Washington you are talking about two guys still at the top of there game.

Gortat needs to go though, I despise him with everything in me.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mmmmhmm. Yeah, okay Kief.

Blow that shit UP.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No help from anyone not named Beal or Wall.

Hard for others to help when every possession is ISO ball.

It is the same narrative for every team that has an ISO heavy superstar. When others don't have the opportunity to help, you can't blame them when they don't. Wizards offense looks far too much like OKC's. That ain't good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLOW IT UP

You are assuming the Wizards didn't achieve their goal.

Since about the mid 80s, every single build plan has locked in on a 45-50 win ceiling. Based on everything I have seen during my tenure as a Wizards fan, I can only assume the organization is content being a perennial playoff team that has zero chance of actually contending. If I am right, expect a couple minor moves since Wall and Beal are enough to win a couple playoff games in the East.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be too much of a blow up in Miami.

In Washington you are talking about two guys still at the top of there game.

Gortat needs to go though, I despise him with everything in me.

God was he terrible last nt & has been in general recently. Some of the worst defense ever & his offense was nonexistent. I would consider dumping him if he made the league minimum. With his salary they must cut ties w/ him & as bksballer mentioned previously he has one of those 1 yr remaining deals that are attractive in trades.

However the first move that the Wizards MUST make is to fire GM Ernie Grunfeld. 15 years into the job w/ really nothing to show for it & real head scratcher as to why this clown still has that job.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming the Wizards didn't achieve their goal.

Since about the mid 80s, every single build plan has locked in on a 45-50 win ceiling. Based on everything I have seen during my tenure as a Wizards fan, I can only assume the organization is content being a perennial playoff team that has zero chance of actually contending. If I am right, expect a couple minor moves since Wall and Beal are enough to win a couple playoff games in the East.

That is because they have had a moron running the organization for the past 15 years. Perhaps new blood in that area might change that (maybe not but why not shake it up).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW TLance I realize that Grunfeld was not the GM during the entire time you have rooted for the Wizards. Wes Unseld was also the GM during a good deal of that time (mainly since the previous owner - RIP - had a mancrush on him). Unseld was equally as pathetic. Between Unseld & Grunfeld they have made some of the worst trades & picks in sports history.

I challenge anyone to find an NBA team (or just about any pro sports team) w/ a worse recent track record in the Front Office.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW TLance I realize that Grunfeld was not the GM during the entire time you have rooted for the Wizards. Wes Unseld was also the GM during a good deal of that time (mainly since the previous owner - RIP - had a mancrush on him). Unseld was equally as pathetic. Between Unseld & Grunfeld they have made some of the worst trades & picks in sports history.

I challenge anyone to find an NBA team (or just about any pro sports team) w/ a worse recent track record in the Front Office.
Hmm.... Sacramento? NY Knicks? Orlando? And that's just the NBA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

It tends to fly under the radar, not sure why, but the Wizards are right there with the Clippers and whoever else for worst front office of the last 30 years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.... Sacramento? NY Knicks? Orlando? And that's just the NBA

Orlando and NY both made 2 seperate Finals trips with completely different rosters over the span we are talking about. The Kings were the second best team in the NBA for a stretch and were a couple minutes and perhaps a couple tough calls away from winning an NBA title.