• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy better trot his ass out there if CP3 can. That bone bruise isn't gonna hamper him as bad as CP3's busted hamstring

Can't really be effective with bad hamstring.

I wonder if Paul is thinking about IT sucking it up for Celtics last year -- then getting dumped just before contract was up ?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who wins. If the Cavs are gonna continue to play D like they are, they will lose to both the Warriors/Rockets WITHOUT Iggy or Cp3

Those 10,000 Missed, wide open 3s by the Celtics are gonna be butter by the Warriors or Rockets.

The Cavs haven't really shown they are capable of playing great D lately

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who wins. If the Cavs are gonna continue to play D like they are, they will lose to both the Warriors/Rockets WITHOUT Iggy or Cp3

Those 10,000 Missed, wide open 3s by the Celtics are gonna be butter by the Warriors or Rockets.

The Cavs haven't really shown they are capable of playing great D lately

Do you have an extra chromosome?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Willis Reed play well that game? I genuinely don't know

It was more of an inspiration for his teammates to see him go out there and give the effort.. ...but it also made Wilt Chamberlain and a few of his laker teammates cringe in nervousness knowing the Knicks would feed off of it and rally around him, to give 110% each, and then some...which they did. The MSG crowd was also super pumped by it all.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Willis Reed play well that game? I genuinely don't know

Haha, my memory isn't that good, but they did win the fricking game.

*From an espn article in 2010, commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Knicks' 1970 title

It was Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals, and nobody knew if Willis Reed would play. The center and captain of the New York Knicks had suffered a torn muscle in his right thigh during Game 5 against the Los Angeles Lakers, and had not played in Game 6 when Wilt Chamberlain's 45 points and 27 rebounds enabled the Lakers to tie the series at 3-3.

When the teams took the floor for pre-game warmups, Reed was not with his New York teammates. He remained in the lockerroom, deep in the bowels of the building. "I wanted to play," Reed recalls. "That was for the championship, the one great moment you play for all your life.

I didn't want to have to look at myself in the mirror 20 years later and say I wished I had tried to play." Reed took an injection to dull the pain in his leg, and just moments before tipoff he limped through the tunnel and onto the court.

Waves of cheers cascaded down from the Garden stands as fans caught sight of the Knicks' captain, a sight that was not lost on New York's opponents. "I saw the whole Laker team standing around staring at this man," said Knicks guard Walt Frazier. "When I saw that, when they stopped warming up, something told me we might have these guys!" Reed lined up against Chamberlain for the opening tap and scored the Knicks' first two baskets of the game.

Those would prove to be his only points, but his presence was more than enough to inspire the Knicks to a 113-99 victory and the franchise's first NBA Championship. Overshadowed by Reed's emotion-charged effort was one of the great playoff performances in NBA history by Frazier, who led the Knicks with 36 points and 19 assists.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy better trot his ass out there if CP3 can. That bone bruise isn't gonna hamper him as bad as CP3's busted hamstring

I actually agree with this. Iggy's been sitting out since game 4. CP3 missed game 6 with a strained/pulled hamstring which is far worst to deal with.

For a knee contusion, it's about dealing with the pain. For a hamstring strain, you could potentially damage it further without rest.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with this. Iggy's been sitting out since game 4. CP3 missed game 6 with a strained/pulled hamstring which is far worst to deal with.

For a knee contusion, it's about dealing with the pain. For a hamstring strain, you could potentially damage it further without rest.

I've posted this before, I can't figure out why Iggy doesn't suit up, give it a go, and see how effective he is. If he can't contribute just bench him as if he wasn't there. You don't need 30 minutes from the guy.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Rockets +235 at home with Paul's status still in doubt.

Dat's a good bet.

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To houston: The league wants the warriors to easily win cause it says so in the script. So do me and the fans outside of the bay a favor....

Break kayfabe

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To houston: The league wants the warriors to easily win cause it says so in the script. So do me and the fans outside of the bay a favor....

Break kayfabe

IDK if this is a joke or not BUT you are so true... Dude it's all about the money.

They got their 7 games out of both finals ... broke the bank ... and now they have promoted Lebron to the finals (because the Celtics just don't have the big names to draw max money) and they bout to send their basketball darlings the Warriors to the finals because they have the 3 all stars and that match up will draw big ratings and big money..

The Warriors will beat them in 6 or 7 depending on how blatant the refs have to be to strength it that far...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, Iggy...damn.
It's a game 7.

:L

Either the dubs are being overly protective, or that "contusion" must be a lot more serious than anyone is letting on.

Also heard Looney might be a no go tonight??

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if this is a joke or not BUT you are so true... Dude it's all about the money.

They got their 7 games out of both finals ... broke the bank ... and now they have promoted Lebron to the finals (because the Celtics just don't have the big names to draw max money) and they bout to send their basketball darlings the Warriors to the finals because they have the 3 all stars and that match up will draw big ratings and big money..

The Warriors will beat them in 6 or 7 depending on how blatant the refs have to be to strength it that far...

Why did it only go 5 last year then, genius? Why isn't every Finals 6-7 games, and every conference Finals too?

You're just pre-warming up your butthurt for when the Ws crush your Rockets today.