• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like you can't tell me who decided the term "Oriental" is offensive. That's kinda what I thought. Because I'd bet a year's salary that both my daughters are far more educated than you and they don't feel offended in the slightest when someone refers to them as Oriental.

I don't know who. But I do know enough not to use them. Clearly you don't.

And your daughter's education levels have nothing to do with your personal ignorance. Hell, I know people with advanced degrees just as ignorant as you. My dad being one. He is ignorant as hell when it comes to people from different backgrounds. Mostly because he grew up in a different era when mainstream thinking was pretty racially biased.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like you can't tell me who decided the term "Oriental" is offensive. That's kinda what I thought. Because I'd bet a year's salary that both my daughters are far more educated than you and they don't feel offended in the slightest when someone refers to them as Oriental.

Define "far more educated"

This could be easy money.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who. But I do know enough not to use them. Clearly you don't.

And your daughter's education levels have nothing to do with your personal ignorance. Hell, I know people with advanced degrees just as ignorant as you. My dad being one. He is ignorant as hell when it comes to people from different backgrounds. Mostly because he grew up in a different era when mainstream thinking was pretty racially biased.
I guarantee I've lived around more people from different backgrounds and nationalities than you. Unless you've lived overseas as much as I have and are from a multi-racial family like me. Your first statement makes you sound like a fool. You "just know it"? Are you kidding me?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "far more educated"

This could be easy money.
1. PHD in International Relations. 2. Masters In Political Science and working in China. I'm betting both girls are more educated than you and more worldly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee I've lived around more people from different backgrounds and nationalities than you. Unless you've lived overseas as much as I have and are from a multi-racial family like me. Your first statement makes you sound like a fool. You "just know it"? Are you kidding me?

How many people have to tell you that you are wrong?

I do live in a very diverse community. But that has nothing to do with it.

Why don't you go ahead and google it if you want to know the truth. You might learn something.

Like others have said, it isn't offensive or mean that to be offensive. It is outdated. So much so that in 2016 Obama signed a bill prohibiting use of the term in any official government documents. Just because it isn't viewed as a slur doesn't mean you should use it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. PHD in International Relations. 2. Masters In Political Science and working in China. I'm betting both girls are more educated than you and more worldly.

Great.

I have a BS in commerce and a Masters in Education from a top 25 University.

Pay up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people have to tell you that you are wrong?

I do live in a very diverse community. But that has nothing to do with it.

Why don't you go ahead and google it if you want to know the truth. You might learn something.

Like others have said, it isn't offensive or mean that to be offensive. It is outdated. So much so that in 2016 Obama signed a bill prohibiting use of the term in any official government documents. Just because it isn't viewed as a slur doesn't mean you should use it.
You live in the United States the capital of PC. Everyone is offended by something here. That's not diverse. I used to think that, living in the Bay Area, I was sophisticated but after living around the world I go back there now and see just how parochial and uninformed people there are.
Get yourself overseas and see that real people have real issues to deal with, not what terms are used to describe them.
As for President Obama he brought some dignity to the office but was far more concerned about righting things he thought were wrong than doing what was best for the country. He only cared about minorities. So much so that it became absurd as in the example you mentioned. This is the same President Obama who had the flag fly at half mast when the drug addict and child abandoner Whitney Houston died.
You can blame his nonsense for bringing you Donald Trump.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.

I have a BS in commerce and a Masters in Education from a top 25 University.

Pay up.
Sorry. PHD tops yours and being on the American Ambassador to China's staff for the other girl tops you as well. One daughters went to an Ivy League school and the other to Duke. Try again.
Besides no one with an educational background like that spends as much time on a message board as you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was your original post.

Daughter #1 would be more educated. Not "far more". Daughter #2 is comparably educated.

So you owe me a year salary because both your daughters are not far more educated.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was your original post.

Daughter #1 would be more educated. Not "far more". Daughter #2 is comparably educated.

So you owe me a year salary because both your daughters are not far more educated.
Educated is not just what your learned in school. Its what you did with that education and what you learned from it afterward. They are helping to change the world and advance their country's status in it.....and here you and I are arguing on a message board. I'll take them in hat bet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Educated is not just what your learned in school. Its what you did with that education and what you learned from it afterward. They are helping to change the world and advance their country's status in it.....and here you and I are arguing on a message board. I'll take them in hat bet.

Actually, I am an educator. So I do more than my share and I learn from people I interact with every single day. But way to make assumptions about me.

And yes. I an here on a Sunday night watching the game. And you still lose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I am an educator. So I do more than my share and I learn from people I interact with every single day. But way to make assumptions about me.

And yes. I an here on a Sunday night watching the game. And you still lose.
I still win. But good for you for being an educator. I never subscribed to the theory that "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still win. But good for you for being an educator. I never subscribed to the theory that "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach".

Good.

Because I can do and I choose to teach.

Your exact words were "far more educated".

That is not the case. Debateable for sure.