• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 03/24/15, Warriors @ Blazers 9:30 cst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers will likely not have Aldridge for tonight's game. He injured another finger, I think on the same hands as his bad thumb, the same thumb that he was going to have season-ending surgery on before deciding to tough it out. So, with Portland fairly secure at the #3 seed in the west, they won't rush him back too soon.

Nicholas Batum is also likely out as is Chris Kaman. And, of course Wesley Matthews is lost for the season. Hell, I don't even know who else will play for them besides Lilliard. I guess even though this is a B2B game and having to travel to Portland, I'll have to pick the healthy Warriors who are playing so well.

I do think that Lilliard will have a big scoring game, though he might not shoot all that well (FG%).

Warriors win 105-98.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers will likely not have Aldridge for tonight's game. He injured another finger, I think on the same hands as his bad thumb, the same thumb that he was going to have season-ending surgery on before deciding to tough it out. So, with Portland fairly secure at the #3 seed in the west, they won't rush him back too soon.

Nicholas Batum is also likely out as is Chris Kaman. And, of course Wesley Matthews is lost for the season. Hell, I don't even know who else will play for them besides Lilliard. I guess even though this is a B2B game and having to travel to Portland, I'll have to pick the healthy Warriors who are playing so well.

I do think that Lilliard will have a big scoring game, though he might not shoot all that well (FG%).

Warriors win 105-98.
Jeezus Christ, does this team ever get a day off? WTF?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they might just not play the regulars "regular" minutes. I still want to win, though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best Warriors team in history and it's not even close. These guys would dominate Run-TMC, or the We Believe team, or Barry's Ws, or Wilt's Ws....

The playoffs are gonna be sick

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green is one hell of a passer. He's really just a great all-around player. He's even great when he scores 6 points. His mind....mental game is second to Curry on the Warriors' team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best Warriors team in history and it's not even close. These guys would dominate Run-TMC, or the We Believe team, or Barry's Ws, or Wilt's Ws....

The playoffs are gonna be sick

The way they are playing now, I would have to agree but they will still play second fiddle to the '75 team if they don't win the title.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green is one hell of a passer. He's really just a great all-around player. He's even great when he scores 6 points. His mind....mental game is second to Curry on the Warriors' team.
The passing has been excellent all around for the past several games. Green, Curry, Iguodala and Bogut come to mind.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they are playing now, I would have to agree but they will still play second fiddle to the '75 team if they don't win the title.

Sure, championships matter, but in terms of pure ability and execution, this team would destroy the 1975 team. In plain terms of playing the game of basketball, these guys are way better. The only reason they may not win the title is because teams like San Antonio, Memphis, Cleveland, etc are also way better than the 1975 Ws. Heck, the top 8 teams in the West this year are all better. The game has changed, players are way more athletic and the coaching has gotten way more sophisticated.

This year's Ws are exactly what you look for in a team. They play great defense. They play entertaining, effective offense. This is as good as it gets. And if they lose in 7 to Memphis or Cleveland in the playoffs, that doesn't make the team 'worse' than the 1975 team.

Championships matter, but there's no doubt, this team is the best Ws team of all time and it's not close.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, championships matter, but in terms of pure ability and execution, this team would destroy the 1975 team. In plain terms of playing the game of basketball, these guys are way better. The only reason they may not win the title is because teams like San Antonio, Memphis, Cleveland, etc are also way better than the 1975 Ws. Heck, the top 8 teams in the West this year are all better. The game has changed, players are way more athletic and the coaching has gotten way more sophisticated.

This year's Ws are exactly what you look for in a team. They play great defense. They play entertaining, effective offense. This is as good as it gets. And if they lose in 7 to Memphis or Cleveland in the playoffs, that doesn't make the team 'worse' than the 1975 team.

Championships matter, but there's no doubt, this team is the best Ws team of all time and it's not close.

Exactly right. I cannot argue with that. This team is clearly superior to the 75 Dubs. That '75 team reminds me of the recent Giants championship squads in that, though they were not the most talented group, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't knock teams from 40 years ago and boast about how teams today are better. It's all relative. This is like saying that there was nothing to the Celtics and their plethora of championships of the 60s. Should we belittle them because many of today's teams could beat then in a best out of seven series?

Of course athletes are better today than they were 10-20-30-40 years ago. They're paid better and thus are given a lot of incentive to train harder and smarter. While it's true that the Warriors of today are likely better than the 75-76 team, it's no great accomplishment because there are likely 10 teams in the NBA today that could defeat the 75-76 Warrior team as well.

This is synonymous with saying that Jesse Owens was nothing compared to Hussein Bolt (sp??) because he has run a faster time in the 100 and 200 yard or meter dashes compared to Owens.

The level of play, the design of the offenses, the conditioning, strength, salary and training methods offered today are vastly superior to what athletes in the 70s had access to. To go on about how today's teams would beat teams 20-30-40 years ago only tears down those old teams unnecessarily.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't knock teams from 40 years ago and boast about how teams today are better. It's all relative. This is like saying that there was nothing to the Celtics and their plethora of championships of the 60s. Should we belittle them because many of today's teams could beat then in a best out of seven series?

Of course athletes are better today than they were 10-20-30-40 years ago. They're paid better and thus are given a lot of incentive to train harder and smarter. While it's true that the Warriors of today are likely better than the 75-76 team, it's no great accomplishment because there are likely 10 teams in the NBA today that could defeat the 75-76 Warrior team as well.

This is synonymous with saying that Jesse Owens was nothing compared to Hussein Bolt (sp??) because he has run a faster time in the 100 and 200 yard or meter dashes compared to Owens.

The level of play, the design of the offenses, the conditioning, strength, salary and training methods offered today are vastly superior to what athletes in the 70s had access to. To go on about how today's teams would beat teams 20-30-40 years ago only tears down those old teams unnecessarily.

I'm not sure he was trying to do that. I took him to be saying only that the current team has more talent than the 75 team did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that will just be proven if the Warriors win the championship....and maybe in four games like the 75-76 team did. The 75-76 team won the championship in 4 games over "like" players of their time. Many rules changes since then have caused the game to change drastically. The way guys can dunk and then hang onto the rim, the 3-pt shot that wasn't in effect back then (which would have really helped Barry out with his long-range shooting).

Having said that, the Warriors do have a lot of talent. Two current all-stars, two older former all-stars who are not at all washed up, a solid center to defend the rim, young athletic players to contribute and what has been called the deepest bench in the league. I just don't believe in saying who would be who when one team or player is from one era and another is from another era, though I know it's only natural for people to compare.

My apologies to msgkings if any offense was taken.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
But that will just be proven if the Warriors win the championship....and maybe in four games like the 75-76 team did. The 75-76 team won the championship in 4 games over "like" players of their time. Many rules changes since then have caused the game to change drastically. The way guys can dunk and then hang onto the rim, the 3-pt shot that wasn't in effect back then (which would have really helped Barry out with his long-range shooting).

Having said that, the Warriors do have a lot of talent. Two current all-stars, two older former all-stars who are not at all washed up, a solid center to defend the rim, young athletic players to contribute and what has been called the deepest bench in the league. I just don't believe in saying who would be who when one team or player is from one era and another is from another era, though I know it's only natural for people to compare.

My apologies to msgkings if any offense was taken.

No offense taken at all, I just wanted fans to realize this is the best team they've ever seen play for the Ws. The best. If you don't realize that you are missing some enjoyment. I grew up in Chicago, so I was a Bulls fan (still like them plenty) and it was really great watching them when you just knew they were the best team with the best player on earth. Now, the Ws won't really capture all of that feeling until they win a ring or two, granted.

But if you enjoy the sport of basketball at all, and obviously we all do, just know that the product the Ws are putting out there is literally as a good as it gets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I catch "the enjoyment" every game. I've got the Directv NBA League package and never miss a game. Good talking to you.