• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 03-18-15, GOTY, Hawks @ Warriors, 9:30 cst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm just going to start using my time (central) since I'm the only one doing much on the site. I know you all probably know the game time anyway.

We don't have Klay tonight. The Hawks are without a starter too, Korver. Advantage Hawks. Warriors coming off of a terrible performance....Warrior advantage, in my opinion. Warriors playing at home, Hawks in the middle of a longish road trip....advantage Warriors.

Still, though, I thought the game would be tight before Thompson hurt his ankle. His loss is big to the Warriors. He's pretty much the only player on the Warriors who can really create his own shot. Lee can, but his minutes are limited. Green is good in leading the fast break and can score off of good passes in the half-court offense. Losing Thompson is very big. I call it a toss-up, but will pick the Warriors by 7, 107-100.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Korver and no Thompson evens things out. I like the Dubs at home by 3.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors would like to beat Atlanta after the drubbing the Hawks gave the Dubs back in ATL just to prove to themselves they can beat this team and not get swept.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgeous basketball played by the Dubs last night. Absolutely brilliant both offensively and defensively. This gives me great confidence for the playoffs in that it shows when the Dubs want to be, they are the best team in the league and they will want to be come playofff time.

The only drawback I saw was that with a 30-point lead and 5 minutes left in the game they could not find a couple of floor minutes for David Lee? He deserves better treatment than another DNP Coaches Decision.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as though they're phasing out Lee already. I hope they keep him on the playoff roster. I really don't know how many people that they can play, but it would be great for them to bring Lee on board and also he could contribute to their playoff effort.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as though they're phasing out Lee already. I hope they keep him on the playoff roster. I really don't know how many people that they can play, but it would be great for them to bring Lee on board and also he could contribute to their playoff effort.

True, and while it would be nice to see him get some playoff minutes, rotations get shorter there, he will probably see very little action. And obviously he's not returning next year. He is a good guy and I hope he gets a ring this year on the way out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a bit of a mystery. He has another year on his contract but I'm not sure how that contract affects his trade value. I feel bad for him but the Warriors sure don't seem to miss him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit of a mystery. He has another year on his contract but I'm not sure how that contract affects his trade value. I feel bad for him but the Warriors sure don't seem to miss him.

The Warriors simply just don't have a role for Lee anymore. It's that simple.

Ezeli was a monster in his minutes against the Hawks and you can see how important he can be as a backup to Bogut. His defense against the premier bigs is more important than Lee's offense.

Alternatively, Speights is more valuable as a scorer, because of his ability to space the floor with the second unit. At this point it's just a numbers game and Lee isn't that valuable to this team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But won't the Warriors have to get someone to sign him or trade for him (Lee)? Lee has a contract and must be paid by someone, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if this were the case that Lee would be playing more during the course of the past few months. His game, in particular, his offense, cannot be in a good place right now, barely getting into some games and completely not playing others. Sure, Lee will play more at the end of the season so that they can rest the starters, but I don't see that they are planning for Lee to be a big part of the playoffs.