• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zona Cats get hosed by refs !

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Wisconsin on the win. Great game as predicted. It woulda been nice if the referees woulda allowed the players decide the game at the end though. Bogus call against Nick Johnson with 3 seconds to go in a one point game!:lame:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Arizona got the ball back on an equally "bogus" call. So all evened out.

The better team won, in my opinion.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
I wanted Zona to win this game to, but i didn't see it the way that you did. I looked to me that the ball was touched by Zona before it ever went out of bounds. The angles of the cameras didn't really give it a clear view. A judgement call by all means. Great game Zona and congrats to Whisky

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think zona fans should appreciate the reversal gift....

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing on that reversal call was it took a long time. Steve Kerr over and over said he didn't see any way it could be overturned and then after several minutes on a different view he pointed out how the direction of the ball changed. I almost think that Kerr's view on that is what made the refs take another look and come up with the call they did. Kerr though still had doubts though because you couldn't really see anything actual other than that.

Truth is the foul on Johnson helped Arizona because he missed the shot. Maybe it should have been a no call but if that had been the case I doubt Arizona even gets the ball, and if they do the clock may have expired.

Arizona was fortunate that this game was as close as it was. The only offense they had in the final 10 minutes was scoring on offensive rebounds. Arizona had no answer for the Wisconsin big man Caminsky because he could score inside and outside. Bottom line is the better team won.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game !

Two great teams.... by the "eye" test... to me, it looked like that Wisconsin is going to be a better final 4 representative than Arizona. No offense to Zona, they are a great team, but I just think that the Badgers were a little tougher, and played just a tad bit harder.

Was that final call kind of crap ? Sure it was... but he wasn't making that shot with or without the call, and they weren't going to call a defensive foul on that one.

but like Scorps said... that Reversal evened things out.... there really was no way that they could have determined conclusive evidence on that.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with Steve Kerr on this. The defender was jumping into Johnson but then Johnson pushed him away. If he hadn't pushed off he almost certainly would have had two free throws. Probably should have been a no call like Kerr said.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the right call on the out of bounds play. It took me like 12 viewings to see it right because you are so focused on the right hand of the Badger player. The ball clearly changes rotation which makes no sense until you see his left hand coming under to touch it last.

The NJ call was BS. The non-call on the punch to the face on NJ was BS. Bad officiating played a factor here. It's not "hating" or whining if it's true. Same thing happened against Ohio State last year. This is why I hate sports sometimes.

It's unfortunate because in past years (esp in the PAC 12) the refs seemed to be a factor in like every other game there was. This year they were generally pretty good.

But I guess that's why the NCAA tournament is so exciting...the upsets, inferior teams beat superior ones and advance. It's no fun being on the wrong side of them.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even watch the championship game. You can't convince me these were the two best teams in the country even though they made it this far. A seven versus an eight seed is like watching the 28th ranked team versus the 32nd ranked team. So Connecticut is the champs even though they were easily beaten by unranked SMU twice, and easily beaten by Louisville three times.

For the most part the tournament is a three point shooting contest. Which ever team is hitting them usually wins if both teams are fairly close in talent. The traditional post up big man hardly exists in the modern game anymore. Its a fair tournament but I don't think it gives us the best team as the winner much anymore.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem...the best teams rarely win or even make it to the Final Four in the Tourney. Florida was the only team that deserved to be there (based on resume, not tourney play). But I guess it's not a really a problem because that's the whole point...everyone knows they have a chance (except maybe Cal Poly) and that's why it's so fun.

It just sucks when you EXPECT to win it all and know you are one of the best teams in the NCAA, if not the best...and don't.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem...the best teams rarely win or even make it to the Final Four in the Tourney. Florida was the only team that deserved to be there (based on resume, not tourney play). But I guess it's not a really a problem because that's the whole point...everyone knows they have a chance (except maybe Cal Poly) and that's why it's so fun.

It just sucks when you EXPECT to win it all and know you are one of the best teams in the NCAA, if not the best...and don't.

Wisconsin was a number two seed so they were deserving.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't take the seeds as blindly accurate. However, I do think the #1 seeds were close to accurate this year. Duke was a 3 seed and is constantly over-seeded. Where the committee puts them means nothing to me. You'll never convince me that Wisconsin was a better team than Arizona via RESUME.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see why Connecticut had the seed they had. They were beaten easily twice by unranked SMU and Louisville kicked their butt three times.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see why Connecticut had the seed they had. They were beaten easily twice by unranked SMU and Louisville kicked their butt three times.

It was still a bad seed.... a REAL bad seed... same with Kentucky...

UCONN has won 4 National Championships in the last 15 years.... there is no way that a 25-8 team with their pedigree is no worse than a 5 seed...

It's not fair to the very high seeds to rank them that low...

Kentucky was in the same boat... that is another team that is no worse than a 5 seed...

This is where the "mid majors" gives the tournament "issues".

Problem is, that while the tournament is a fantastic event... it really diminishes the regular season.

You win enough games, you probably get in... and getting in is truly all that matters.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky was #17 RPI and UConn was #22. That works out to about a 4 or 5 seed for each if you value RPI.

It's hard to believe a team like VCU was seeded way higher than UConn. There are always problems with seeding here and there.

Also, losing to Louisville three times isn't impressive, but those are still three "good losses." SMU got hosed and should have been a tournament team.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Arizona won it all they were a four seed and that was the lowest seed ever.