• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zito v Posey

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically think this whole thing is over-blown and essentially a non-story.

That being said...

Shame on Zito for saying anything about the all-world catcher when you have been a HUGE hurdle for the organization to overcome since coming aboard five years ago.

Again, that being said...

Posey is a bit of a hard-ass type of personality, and now reportedly has a rough relationship with 2 pitchers on the squad (Timmeh and Zito). Is it possible that HE is the issue (clubhouse-wise) and he may become a cancer if he stops producing at an MVP level?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Having a good relationship with your catcher is certainly something you don't just gloss over. I've never heard Zito to be a complainer, so there might be something to this.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep. I'm really interested to see if this goes anywhere. Or if this may be a glimpse of a larger issue between Posey and the staff. Also, Zito and Timmy are similar pitchers now, in regards to relying on setting up a fastball with off-speed pitches - that shouldn't really matter, since Posey isn't an idiot, stubborn, or incapable of blocking pitches, but it's interesting none the less.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Timmeh and Zeets are supposedly really good friends. So it may simply be a cliquey thing...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, Timmeh and Zeets are supposedly really good friends. So it may simply be a cliquey thing...

Perhaps they're both paranoid that Posey secretly hates them for their "hippy" ways.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lincecum keeps losing, then Posey has got to go.

Go to grab his first basemen's glove?

Posey's not leaving the lineup lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio Eric Byrnes (and Tom Tolbert) addressed this, Eric said there was a vibe with the Giants where the 'southern' guys like Bum, Cain, Posey, etc all clicked in one group, and the 'west coast' guys like Lincecum and Zito gelled more with the Latins.

He also said it wasn't that big a deal, all the locker rooms he was in had groups like that, naturally among 25 people some are going to click with each other. But it wasn't a hindrance or 'faction' thing.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio Eric Byrnes (and Tom Tolbert) addressed this, Eric said there was a vibe with the Giants where the 'southern' guys like Bum, Cain, Posey, etc all clicked in one group, and the 'west coast' guys like Lincecum and Zito gelled more with the Latins.

He also said it wasn't that big a deal, all the locker rooms he was in had groups like that, naturally among 25 people some are going to click with each other. But it wasn't a hindrance or 'faction' thing.

Sounds logical to me. Regions can dictate certain interests. A lot of southerners enjoy hunting and fishing, whereas a lot of people on the West Coast enjoy getting ripped out of their gords and playing X-box.:csb:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bum, Cain, Posey are probably all related somewhere down the line.

Arkansas state motto is "one big happy family" for a reason.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum, Cain, Posey are probably all related somewhere down the line.

Arkansas state motto is "one big happy family" for a reason.

Those damn Dukes of Hazzard!

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds logical to me. Regions can dictate certain interests. A lot of southerners enjoy hunting and fishing, whereas a lot of people on the West Coast enjoy getting ripped out of their gords and playing X-box.:csb:

Strange, everyone I know either likes to hunt and fish while being ripped out of their gords which leads to the inevitable "I thought the cow was a deer" and the "I fell into the lake while trying to land the big one" stories, or they get all dressed up to go hunting or fishing which in husband talk means "We're going to spend the weekend away from the family getting ripped out of our gords".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely missed this. What article or interview is this from?

After Zitos bed-shitting the other day, he kinda threw Buster under the bus on his pitch selection.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange, everyone I know either likes to hunt and fish while being ripped out of their gords which leads to the inevitable "I thought the cow was a deer" and the "I fell into the lake while trying to land the big one" stories, or they get all dressed up to go hunting or fishing which in husband talk means "We're going to spend the weekend away from the family getting ripped out of our gords".

See? Why can't we all just play Buck Hunter and get along? :mo: