• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zito Clears Waivers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

A this time of year, just about everyone is "waived". If the player clears, all it means is that the player can be traded this month.

If the player gets claimed, the original team (in this case, the Giants) has 3 options...

1) Allow the claiming team to have the player (we have gotten Jose Mijares and Cody Ross in this fashion in recent years)
2) Work out a trade with the claiming team (this just happened with Alex Rios last week).
3) Pull the player back, and the player must spend the remainder off the season on the 25-man roster (DL is fine).

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone else wants him, so 1 & 2 are likely off the table. I just don't see anyone else needing his umm, "services"? He seems so out of it. As for option 3- Probably most likely, all ceremonial & stuff. Let him sit around, finish the year (and his career) with the Giants. I think it's time we give more of the young'uns some playing time. Playing with house money at this point.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone else wants him, so 1 & 2 are likely off the table. I just don't see anyone else needing his umm, "services"? He seems so out of it. As for option 3- Probably most likely, all ceremonial & stuff. Let him sit around, finish the year (and his career) with the Giants. I think it's time we give more of the young'uns some playing time. Playing with house money at this point.

Actually the opposite...playing with NO money so nothing left to lose...might as well as you say play the kids more. I hope they go to a 6 man rotation too to put less strain on Bum and Cain etc but I don't know if their contracts have innings clauses or what.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has already cleared waivers, so #3 is already in effect.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the opposite...playing with NO money so nothing left to lose...might as well as you say play the kids more. I hope they go to a 6 man rotation too to put less strain on Bum and Cain etc but I don't know if their contracts have innings clauses or what.

I am all about pulling up on Cain. However, I think they need to "ramp it up" on Bum. Bum still needs to stretch himself out. Remember how bad he was late last year? He needs to bust through the wall.

Cain has already been stretched out. He can be "shut down" to lessen the wear and tear.

I would love to see the kids, but you have to careful with young pitchers. You don't want to throw a kid out there before he is ready (Solomon Torres, anyone?). That can ruin the psyche. Hopefully that has not already happened to Kickham.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all about pulling up on Cain. However, I think they need to "ramp it up" on Bum. Bum still needs to stretch himself out. Remember how bad he was late last year? He needs to bust through the wall.

Cain has already been stretched out. He can be "shut down" to lessen the wear and tear.

I would love to see the kids, but you have to careful with young pitchers. You don't want to throw a kid out there before he is ready (Solomon Torres, anyone?). That can ruin the psyche. Hopefully that has not already happened to Kickham.

I hope the brass sees it too, that Cain at least needs to skip a start or two.