• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer cost the Vikings the game

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers cheered on Zimmers' decision, but it was a terrible one. Here's the deal: you kick a field goal and you're up by 8 points. The Seahawks would have to score a TD and convert a 2-point attempt. At worse, you go to OT. I thought it was a bad idea from the start.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers cheered on Zimmers' decision, but it was a terrible one. Here's the deal: you kick a field goal and you're up by 8 points. The Seahawks would have to score a TD and convert a 2-point attempt. At worse, you go to OT. I thought it was a bad idea from the start.
Actually, Collinsworth thought Zimmern should go for the FG.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did agree with Al and Chris that if the stadium was full, Zimmer likely kicks the chip shot there. I think the decision gets second guessed no matter what though.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's pretty clear the vikings aren't making the postseason at this point....zimmer needs to be let go, and the interim guy handle things from here on out. vikings need new leadership.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did agree with Al and Chris that if the stadium was full, Zimmer likely kicks the chip shot there. I think the decision gets second guessed no matter what though.
I thought it was a bad decision from the beginning. There was no second-guessing from me.

And no, I do not see why the crowd makes a difference here. You go up by 8 points and allow your defense to prevent a touchdown and a two point conversion.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought that was an incredibly dumb decision. Take the points. They would’ve won.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's pretty clear the vikings aren't making the postseason at this point....zimmer needs to be let go, and the interim guy handle things from here on out. vikings need new leadership.
While I agree that Zimmer has to go, the Vikes are fucked as long as they are tied to Cousins. That is until at least the end of 2021. He actually played well at times tonight but he basically gifted Seattle 14 points.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a bad decision from the beginning. There was no second-guessing from me.

And no, I do not see why the crowd makes a difference here. You go up by 8 points and allow your defense to prevent a touchdown and a two point conversion.
I was only agreeing in that it would have made that decision a no brainer. I do agree the 3 points is the right play regardless of what the so called numbers say.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer was trying to make Wilson irrelevant. The logic makes sense especially considering the fact that the Seahawks defense is mostly trash.

I probably would have gone for the field goal but that wasn't a terrible decision.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer was trying to make Wilson irrelevant. The logic makes sense especially considering the fact that the Seahawks defense is mostly trash.

I probably would have gone for the field goal but that wasn't a terrible decision.
no it was actually pretty terrible. that seahawks defense was worn the fuck out, and getting their butts handed to them by the vikes' rushing offense. assuming the vikings kick the fg, then the seahawks pull off an unbelievable drive AND 2-point conversion to tie it and send the game to OT, i like the vikes' chances if they get the ball first, as i'd guess they'd have continued to just jam the ball down seattle's throat. if the game went to OT and seattle gets the ball first, scores and wins, all you can do is tip your hat to the victors, they were just the better team. but no, zimmer is a poor head coach, he's one of these guys who's good in a coordinator role, but trash when given the HC title. he needs to be sent packing, he can be a d-coordinator for a HC who's actually worth a shit in his role.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it was actually pretty terrible. that seahawks defense was worn the fuck out, and getting their butts handed to them by the vikes' rushing offense. assuming the vikings kick the fg, then the seahawks pull off an unbelievable drive AND 2-point conversion to tie it and send the game to OT, i like the vikes' chances if they get the ball first, as i'd guess they'd have continued to just jam the ball down seattle's throat. if the game went to OT and seattle gets the ball first, scores and wins, all you can do is tip your hat to the victors, they were just the better team. but no, zimmer is a poor head coach, he's one of these guys who's good in a coordinator role, but trash when given the HC title. he needs to be sent packing, he can be a d-coordinator for a HC who's actually worth a shit in his role.

Yes kicking the field goal would have been the correct decision

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Zimmers defense, who thought the Seahawks would stop them on that 4 th down? Geez the Viking had been running the ball with ease.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they should kick the chip shot FG to add to the lead regardless of time remaining.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Zimmers defense, who thought the Seahawks would stop them on that 4 th down? Geez the Viking had been running the ball with ease.
until Cook went out and the Hawks came up with a stop when it counts.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would help if they could also keep the #1 running back Cook healthy it seems each year something happens there

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't it like half a yard? I'm surprised that it wasn't just Cousins putting his head down and plowing forward. Why go I-formation and hand off to your HB? That gave time to the Seattle defense to meet the ball carrier.