• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Zeke or DJ at 1.3

Zeke or DJ at 1.3?

• DJ

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Zeke

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well David Johnson seems to be the majority candidate.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case for Zeke

Durable, great Oline, will never leave the field, should come close to breaking records for touches by a back

Case for DJ

The consensus #1 pick last season, wrist injury, not a lingering lower body injury that you need to concern yourself with, IMO an improved QB situation between the rookie and Bradford

I personally lean Johnson due to his ability to catch 5-10 balls a game, while Zeke can have games where he catches 0-3

But you can't go wrong

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just pulled the #3 pick in my full PPR rotoballer challenge - since I took Zeke in my half PPR league, I'm taking Johnson in this one to differentiate

again, you really can't go wrong here as of Aug 27th - might be a different story come Sept 27th

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even though I took Hopkins at 4 and passed up DJ I say DJ here ahead of DoublEE in PPR. and having read Bandits input DJ all the way

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest case for Zeke is how many at bats each one will get. I'm extremely wary of the Arizona offense this year for several reasons:

#1: Extremely fragile QB
#2: Backup QB is either a rookie or a very, very bad veteran
#3: Very bad offensive line

I think Zeke is the far safer option, though DJ could have the higher ceiling if everything goes right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest case for Zeke is how many at bats each one will get. I'm extremely wary of the Arizona offense this year for several reasons:

#1: Extremely fragile QB
#2: Backup QB is either a rookie or a very, very bad veteran
#3: Very bad offensive line

I think Zeke is the far safer option, though DJ could have the higher ceiling if everything goes right.

On the other hand:

1) Cowboys have had major losses on their OL which could greatly effect how good the OL is

2) Lost their best receiving weapons in Dez and Witten,

3) Dak look very bad last year, Seems like a no brainer to load up to stop Zeke and force the Cowboys to beat them through the air.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand:

1) Cowboys have had major losses on their OL which could greatly effect how good the OL is

3) Dak look very bad last year, Seems like a no brainer to load up to stop Zeke and force the Cowboys to beat them through the air.
the losses as "major" may be a bit of an overstatement. The only major issue is C Frederick, and once they get his meds tuned in right, its likely he'll be fine...likely. The others are the typical minor nagging crap that Olinemen generally play through when games matter.
Frederick is a definite issue, but given the nature of the problem, and that the condition can be treated successfully, I wouldn't let it be a major factor. And his replacement isn't too terrible anyways. An adequate lineman with all pros on either side of him, probably won't be too terribly noticeable. (I hope).

And Dak was top five last year until Martin and Zeke went away. Few hiccups, could always go south, for sure, but, given a good line and a returning Zeke, I would expect good enough to not negatively affect his RB.

By far the biggest issue is the loss of Written and Dez. Regardless of what they lost in ability, they still commanded defensive attention, and whether directly, or indirectly, were the reasons behind an awful lot of converted third downs to maintain drives

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to redo the draft because some dumb ass was roaming around trying to figure out every round and accidentally drafted a kicker at 1.6 and the Commish couldn’t undo it for some reason. So he had to recreate a league. Draft postponed for 3 hours.:L

What a cluster f**k. Anyone ever have something like this happen to them?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand:

Actually the Cowboys' line is supposed to be much improved over last year. They're healthy (assuming Frederick's thing isn't major, which all signs point to) and also added Connor Williams. They're projected to have a top 3 line in the NFL.

It will be interesting to see what happens with their weapons. However, this isn't integral. With a much worse OL and worse supporting cast, Shady McCoy managed almost 1,600 total yards and 8 TD last year. There's also a lot of talk about getting Zeke more involved in the passing game, which would be a very good idea.

While Dak looked below average last year, I'll agree, what did Sam Bradford do? He got hurt, again. With a worse OL in front of him this year, and now on the wrong side of 30, there's nothing to indicate that he's going to be any better than Dak.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to redo the draft because some dumb ass was roaming around trying to figure out every round and accidentally drafted a kicker at 1.6 and the Commish couldn’t undo it for some reason. So he had to recreate a league. Draft postponed for 3 hours.:L

no honestly

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good friend of mine was suckered into a 16-team (!!!!!) league at his work tonight. Some dumbass queued up 3 kickers by accident, and those were his rounds 8-10 picks. They told him too bad for being a dumbass.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good friend of mine was suckered into a 16-team (!!!!!) league at his work tonight. Some dumbass queued up 3 kickers by accident, and those were his rounds 8-10 picks. They told him too bad for being a dumbass.
I can see telling him that after that many rounds. This was first round and a good chunk of money to join the league. I won’t do that to him, but it’s maddening that the draft gets delayed that long.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see telling him that after that many rounds. This was first round and a good chunk of money to join the league. I won’t do that to him, but it’s maddening that the draft gets delayed that long.
Why is it delayed for 3 hours?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope..that sucks

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ for me. But I really don't think either will inhibit your chances of winning.

I'd be more nervous for the 2/3 turn.

I also have the 3rd pick, am thinking RB, RB, then WR, but our league awards 6 points for passing td's. Would pick #27 be tooo early for a top tier QB?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK draft is back on and the guy ahead me changed his pick from Bell to Johnson.:nod:

So yeah I took Bell. Got Evans then Mixon.