• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Wilson .. Yes, I Said It

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully realize this might be the most groan inducing name to be floated .. But let's really take a look at the risk/reward scenarios involving Zach Wilson ..

Zach Wilson could very possibly be signed after the Jets cut him .. I seriously doubt anyone is going to give up anything in a trade ..

I am not saying Zach is a franchise QB .. I'm not saying he is a definite starter in this league ... But, when you look at the facts, when was the last time the NY Jets developed a QB ??

You're telling me Mike LaFeur and Nate Hackett are the be-all-end-all options for developing a young QB ??

What I am saying is that Wilson has had about a fair a shot - probably less, in fact - than Drew Lock did here in Denver ...

Perhaps Zach Wilson is exactly what we've seen ..

Or maybe he is the perfect, low risk candidate for Sean Payton to turn into a darn solid starter .. or even better .... Let's face it, the egos involved here are enormous, and perhaps Sean Payton would like nothing more than to turn Nathaniel Hackett's failure into a Pro Bowl caliber QB

A pretty good take on one of Zach more criticized games

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. There, I said it for everyone else.
Believe me, I understand

But what would be the downside ?? ..

I don't know the rules about contacts and salary stuff -- so if someone could map this out, I'd be grateful .

Wilson's base salary is $1,055,000 for 2024 ... He has a 4.4 million dollar roster bonus and a 5.7 million dollar prorated signing bonus .. So if the Jets cut him, and the Broncos sign him, how much of this is Denver required to pay him in 2024 ??

If it is simply a million dollars, what is the downside ??

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what would be the downside ?? ..

Well the main one would be that he’s taking reps away from people we might actually consider the future. Not saying thats Stidham but every rep Wilson gets is a rep someone else doesn’t.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the main one would be that he’s taking reps away from people we might actually consider the future. Not saying thats Stidham but every rep Wilson gets is a rep someone else doesn’t.
That is definitely understandable ... but, if that was the case, wouldn't that indicate that he ( Wilson ) would be outplaying them and have risen above them on the depth chart ??

I think it would become fairly obvious early in the process who was deserving of the reps ...

The big IF in all of this depends on whether we draft a QB early on ... If we go with Bo Nix, for example, at 12, bringing Zach Wilson in would be completely pointless ...

I'm only suggesting Wilson as a Plan B if we go non QB early in the draft

What it comes down to is that I think Wilson has a much higher ceiling than Stidham as far as a QB who can work with Sean Payton

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will keep Zach before they release him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When an injury happens some team will offer a 6th or 7th rounder even if it's just to add him as their new backup once the team promotes their backup to starter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they cut him, and trading for him brings that 32 overall pick contract with him. Tannehill and Wentz would be the free agent options that could step in short term.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a QB named Bubby.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid has tons of physical talent and is still very young but I don't think he has what it takes above the shoulders. The only times he ever looks good is when there is nothing to think about. I would take a flyer on him as a 3rd stringer if I didn't have to pay him more than the minimum to see if he matures and could become a late bloomer like Geno Smith. The Jets are such a shit show when it comes to O line and coaching it's hard to judge the kid but he seems clueless.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully realize this might be the most groan inducing name to be floated .. But let's really take a look at the risk/reward scenarios involving Zach Wilson ..

Zach Wilson could very possibly be signed after the Jets cut him .. I seriously doubt anyone is going to give up anything in a trade ..

I am not saying Zach is a franchise QB .. I'm not saying he is a definite starter in this league ... But, when you look at the facts, when was the last time the NY Jets developed a QB ??

You're telling me Mike LaFeur and Nate Hackett are the be-all-end-all options for developing a young QB ??

What I am saying is that Wilson has had about a fair a shot - probably less, in fact - than Drew Lock did here in Denver ...

Perhaps Zach Wilson is exactly what we've seen ..

Or maybe he is the perfect, low risk candidate for Sean Payton to turn into a darn solid starter .. or even better .... Let's face it, the egos involved here are enormous, and perhaps Sean Payton would like nothing more than to turn Nathaniel Hackett's failure into a Pro Bowl caliber QB

A pretty good take on one of Zach more criticized games

Steve Young says thank you ! I to be honest have never seen him play ... But I did show you a positive....

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously thinking that the undrafted free agents they might find in the cutting room floor might have more upside potential than Wilson. Liiok a Brady or Purdy. Late round picks.