• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Brown eyes defensive MVP

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is a tackling machine. But is an absolute liability in pass coverage. On those last 2 drives that NO scored, he was just eaten up over the middle. I hope we re sign him, but he is no a 3 down LB unless he is blitzing on passing plays.

Agree he is great against the run game and a good blitzer but I have said all year he is a liability in the pass game. That is fine, you situation substitution. Maybe they did not have 6 DBs to use late in the game but Kerrigan and Smith/Gallette should be DEs with Iron Man and Lanier DTs and one LBer late in the game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he is great against the run game and a good blitzer but I have said all year he is a liability in the pass game. That is fine, you situation substitution. Maybe they did not have 6 DBs to use late in the game but Kerrigan and Smith/Gallette should be DEs with Iron Man and Lanier DTs and one LBer late in the game.
Unfortunately when they did substitute for him in situations such as this, they brought in Hall. He, no longer, is much of an upgrade.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I don't think you can blame one person. They need to close the holes in the zone. The splits are so big that almost any QB can be effective. We have seen this more than once. We can't have 15 or more yards between the short guys and the deep guys. If DHall is going to struggle it will be more likely in deep zone, Cover 2 or man. What we saw was the entire D breaking down. Sadly they played well enough when they were in zone earlier in the game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I don't think you can blame one person. They need to close the holes in the zone. The splits are so big that almost any QB can be effective. We have seen this more than once. We can't have 15 or more yards between the short guys and the deep guys. If DHall is going to struggle it will be more likely in deep zone, Cover 2 or man. What we saw was the entire D breaking down. Sadly they played well enough when they were in zone earlier in the game.
Absolutely that middle hole is way to large. I can somewhat understand how that happens when playing a mobile QB. The LBs tend to stay closer to the LOS in the event the QB breaks free. But that ain't Brees. He is not running anywhere. There is no excuse for it happing 3 straight plays on the last drive.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Brown is a total liability in pass coverage and every NFL team knows it.

My recollection of the 2 point conversion was the Redskins had 2 players covering the left side of the field and 9 on the other. D. Hall had a nice career, but he should have been gone a year ago.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is a tackling machine. But is an absolute liability in pass coverage. On those last 2 drives that NO scored, he was just eaten up over the middle. I hope we re sign him, but he is no a 3 down LB unless he is blitzing on passing plays.

ZB is arguably our best defender period! We added him on a one year deal and to say he is our best defender says a lot about this defense. Let that sink in and I think we can all understand why we lost yet again, in dramatic fashion yesterday. We need serious help on defense next year starting up front and working our way back to that dreadful secondary.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are overreacting to our defense, especially up front. We were borderline dominant until Allen and Ironman went down. I am fine with improving up front but that isn’t our glaring weakness.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think nicholson and DJ are a good pair . depth at safety is lacking

at ILB i think we have good depth when healthy . i just dont know many ILB's who are good in coverage , period

the d/line appears to have 2 solid starters in allen and ionman . lanier could be a rotational guy . other then that we huge money for 2 under performers . the draft is what we need to address the d/line

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what we were doing early in the year on passing downs .... I mentioned it earlier. DL = Kerrigan, Iron Man, Allen and OLB; ILB ( 1 or 2) and 5 or 6 DBs depending on the situation. I thought we were playing the run pretty well until the injuries hit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what we were doing early in the year on passing downs .... I mentioned it earlier. DL = Kerrigan, Iron Man, Allen and OLB; ILB ( 1 or 2) and 5 or 6 DBs depending on the situation. I thought we were playing the run pretty well until the injuries hit.
Yeah, that was when they were playing their best ball. Once Allen got injured, they started going south. Allen was a huge component for stopping the run. Then that got exasperated when Ion Man got hurt. IF you can't stop the run with your front 4, then the ILBs have to start cheating up. They are then susceptible to the play action, creating that huge hole over the middle. Allen was the key to much of it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hence we need more d/line help . we need another allen or 2 or close to it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was when they were playing their best ball. Once Allen got injured, they started going south. Allen was a huge component for stopping the run. Then that got exasperated when Ion Man got hurt. IF you can't stop the run with your front 4, then the ILBs have to start cheating up. They are then susceptible to the play action, creating that huge hole over the middle. Allen was the key to much of it.

The pass rush has declined also. You are not seeing that push we saw earlier in the year. Inside guys don't have to have stats if they are getting push.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look brown and the LBs are feeling the loss as is everyone else on defense