• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers at the Tampa Bay Rays 9/16 - 9/19

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I certainly think he needs to go, he has done some decent adjusting with a bunch of rookies and veterans and a lot of this has not been his fault. He was willing to change around the line-up.

BUT, this playing of Murphy all season just shows he's too stubborn for the good of the team...maybe we didn't have the greatest options, but it doesn't matter. We had options and they weren't given enough of a chance. IMO

It's likely there will be some in the 'baseball world' that will crucify JD for firing Wash...it's not that easy of a call for JD. He is the most successful manager in the history of the organization.
I'd look for some spin on this if he's not renewed. "We decided together it was the best thing for the team"

Something to that effect, if Wash plays along...and he may, to make it look good for himself. It's also a gamble that you're just going to land a good Manager.

We'll see, my overall point, is it's really not an easy call for JD, not at all.

And for the record, I like Wash a great deal. Even though I think it's the right call to for him to move on, I'll still be sad.

Your absolutely right this will be a tough decision for JD. Really think it comes down to these last two weeks and if this team continues to slide and not make the WC game. Maybe that makes the desicion easier not to extend Wash.
For me this 6 game slide at home against Pitt and Oak when it matters the most has been most disturbing. Yes both teams are playing well but were at home and we should have been no worst than 3-3 after both series. When they did score some runs Garza and Holland struggled. Then Darvish cant even get the support of atleast one run in 2 starts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst record in baseball in September.
Worst homestand in RBIA history.
Never led a single second of the entire homestand.
Longest home homerless drought ever.
And all this in the middle of a pennant race.

2 straight September collapses on the heels of one of the worst WS meltdowns in history.

If Wash isn't fired at the end of this season, then JD looks just as incompetent and stupid.

I realize that this is your schtick and I'm sure you are the happiest "Ranger fan" in the world right now, but Wash doesn't get Cruz suspended nor does he not add a big bat to replace Josh.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that this is your schtick and I'm sure you are the happiest "Ranger fan" in the world right now, but Wash doesn't get Cruz suspended nor does he not add a big bat to replace Josh.
Thanks Fordman for your comments. Why that's not apparent is amazing but thanks for taking the time to simplify it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point.... I just hope they show some pride and win a damn game

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I give up.... I'm just trying to put a positive spin on things
Good for you. We all know the negatives but beating them to death is not changing things. It's up to the players now until the season ends and then JD will kick in and will come up with a plan to make things better.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JD has done a great job here. I sure do not want to go back to what we were before he got here. I think starting rotation with darvish, holland, perez, harrison(if he is healthy) and feliz or ogando is good enough to win a title. The offense is where JD needs to get us some help. And please no more retired 37 year old with two bad knees.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JD has done a great job here. I sure do not want to go back to what we were before he got here. I think starting rotation with darvish, holland, perez, harrison(if he is healthy) and feliz or ogando is good enough to win a title. The offense is where JD needs to get us some help. And please no more retired 37 year old with two bad knees.
I'm sure you won't see that again.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly think he needs to go, he has done some decent adjusting with a bunch of rookies and veterans and a lot of this has not been his fault. He was willing to change around the line-up.

BUT, this playing of Murphy all season just shows he's too stubborn for the good of the team...maybe we didn't have the greatest options, but it doesn't matter. We had options and they weren't given enough of a chance. IMO

It's likely there will be some in the 'baseball world' that will crucify JD for firing Wash...it's not that easy of a call for JD. He is the most successful manager in the history of the organization.
I'd look for some spin on this if he's not renewed. "We decided together it was the best thing for the team"

Something to that effect, if Wash plays along...and he may, to make it look good for himself. It's also a gamble that you're just going to land a good Manager.

We'll see, my overall point, is it's really not an easy call for JD, not at all.

And for the record, I like Wash a great deal. Even though I think it's the right call to for him to move on, I'll still be sad.
It will be a tough decision for JD. But Wash is the winningest manager in Texas' history and took us further than any manager has. Wash can hang his hat on that. He's been a success here but we need to go another way. Someone with a little more experience than he. Not Maddox, I don't think.

I'll try to bring the humor, Lainey, while I'm here. Not sure how long I'll linger once Texas is out of it. Didn't follow last year just that I was happy Detroit was swept.

And you're right. Garbo became a recluse much of her life.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK IT MAIL IT IN, WE ARE DONE, NOT WINNING ABOTHER GAME THIS SEASON

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: #Rangers lineup: Kinsler, 2b; Andrus, ss; Rios, rf; Beltre, 3b; Pierzynski, c; Berkman, dh; Adduci, lf; Moreland, 1b; Martin, cf.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: #Rangers lineup: Kinsler, 2b; Andrus, ss; Rios, rf; Beltre, 3b; Pierzynski, c; Berkman, dh; Adduci, lf; Moreland, 1b; Martin, cf.
Berkman? Go ahead Wash. Throw Murphy in too. If you want to lose, lets do it big.:gaah::doh::bullshit::bawling::wtf2:

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the fact that Garza had TB as his home park for 3 years maybe he can turn it around. Any way to get a win. Do not like the fact that we are equalling 'stros longest losing streak this year. Would like to see a young brilliant college baseball coach come in to apprentice GM to an oldster. Take someone as old as Frank Robinson second fiddle mentor to winningest college coach. With the constant turnover in team makeup we need coaching fundamentals and someone used to the chaos. Sticking to playing overripe veterans is loyalty but a losing choice. Hope Berkman breaks out with 3 homers, but not holding my breath. like him playing Adduci, maybe...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JeffWilson_FWST: #Rangers held a players-only meeting this afternoon to help end skid

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point.... I just hope they show some pride and win a damn game
May have waited to late but lets hope for the best. Meant to reply to Darryl below

Last edited by a moderator:

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back. May the winning commence.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up fellow Ranger fans? Been a little while, been really busy. Crappy month for our Rangers huh? I guess at least they still have a shot, but their play of late surely has tempered my expectations.