• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Oakland A's

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys who were bitching earlier about JD not building enough depth gonna step up for your helping of crow?

The castoffs have played much better than anticipated, but nobody wants to rely on Kouzmanoff, Donnie Murphy and Wilson for 162. Credit them for playing great tho.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just out Oakland A'd the Oakland A's! Dare I ask if this team is this year's "That f'ing team"...haha I know its early, but I feel like I have seen this before from other teams not from Texas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that no series in April is that big, but sweeping that one was HUGE. With all our injuries I was hoping to end April within a series of first place. Today we are in first place. NEVER would have thought that when looking at the opening day rotation.

Or if we were in first it was because the west was weak. Well, we have the best AL record, so it must not be that. This is awesome!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that no series in April is that big, but sweeping that one was HUGE. With all our injuries I was hoping to end April within a series of first place. Today we are in first place. NEVER would have thought that when looking at the opening day rotation.

Or if we were in first it was because the west was weak. Well, we have the best AL record, so it must not be that. This is awesome!
Yes it is! So happy to have a FO who cares about winning as much as we do. Our rag knots came in and gave it their all. Kudos!:clap:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just out Oakland A'd the Oakland A's! Dare I ask if this team is this year's "That f'ing team"...haha I know its early, but I feel like I have seen this before from other teams not from Texas.

Was just thinking this.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it all starts with pitching...6 shutouts already, in almost every game our SP's have kept us in the game and the offense has scored just enough, and our BP has come through just enough!!! I am honestly amazed that we've pulled this together so well..let's hope we can hold it together another week or so when the reinforcements return and get back up to speed...

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys who were bitching earlier about JD not building enough depth gonna step up for your helping of crow?

Not sure if you are referencing the conversation DT and I were having before this run or not but my intention was never to bitch about the depth... only indicate that it JDs responsibility to insure that the team does. At first it appeared that this team was not too deep but now it appears they are... time will tell but I am as happy as anyone about where they have us at the moment. Kouzmanoff has been an awesome catalyst... I wonder what our record would be if we would have had him on the opening day roster.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are referencing the conversation DT and I were having before this run or not but my intention was never to bitch about the depth... only indicate that it JDs responsibility to insure that the team does. At first it appeared that this team was not too deep but now it appears they are... time will tell but I am as happy as anyone about where they have us at the moment. Kouzmanoff has been an awesome catalyst... I wonder what our record would be if we would have had him on the opening day roster.

I doubt much different as he wouldn't have been playing much scratching for ABs with Moreland (See Choice)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if it's April, there's never a bad time to sweep the A's
PEREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much do I love thee...

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, because that's how crazy this game is, you think you've been decimated by injuries
and POW

:yahoo:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Wilson: I've seen him have three clutch hits. First time I watched Choice as a Ranger, he hit one out over center field fence.

Cant believe we swept the A's! Yeah baby.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you stopping by.:yahoo:

Things are looking good :D
just watched the highlights, oh MAN.... how happy am I?

(Rhetorical.)

World.... meet Martin Perez, future Ace, I've been thinking it since last season, I'm calling it now.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking good :D
just watched the highlights, oh MAN.... how happy am I?

(Rhetorical.)

World.... meet Martin Perez, future Ace, I've been thinking it since last season, I'm calling it now.
Dare I say Cy Young favorite

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare I say Cy Young favorite

The guy has it all,
Even earlier when he was getting hit, you could see he had the potential...and maybe just as importantly, you can see he had the head for it.

I'm still buzzed from those highlights
sweeping the A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:suds:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has it all,
Even earlier when he was getting hit, you could see he had the potential...and maybe just as importantly, you can see he had the head for it.

I'm still buzzed from those highlights
sweeping the A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:suds:

He doesn't get a ton of K's but if he keeps this up it won't matter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we gotta find a way to get choice in the lineup on the regular. He's hitting over .350 with a homer and 4 RBI in his last ten games.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we gotta find a way to get choice in the lineup on the regular. He's hitting over .350 with a homer and 4 RBI in his last ten games.

Choo being out will help him with that... but I agree, they really need to find a way to get both Kouz and Choice out there everyday... even when Choo and Beltre are back... too bad neither can catch or play 2B.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo being out will help him with that... but I agree, they really need to find a way to get both Kouz and Choice out there everyday... even when Choo and Beltre are back... too bad neither can catch or play 2B.

You got DH for that.... Can at least fit one of them in there.