• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Questions about Browns game!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I did exaggerate on the 70-30 ratio, but clearly this team has to get away from being so damned pass happy. However on this particular point that you're making, this I agree with and wonder why we should sign Trent to a long term contract. If you're right, and I agree that it's going to take at least a couple of years, how much will he (TW) have left in the tank? your thoughts?

Quite possibly a very long time. He has worked hard during the offseason to fix his diet and lose weight. One of his major objectives in this area was to extend his career. His trainer has told him that a little less weight leads to less stress on the joints & potentially a longer career.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly the focus has to be offensive line and in light of the BS move to RG and Moses now taking over at RT, Litchensteiger remains as does Lavaou, I'm really concerned we are no better than last year up front. Hopefully Moses continues to get better but honestly, can you see that much improvement with this current group that will equate to wins? I just don't see it. This is one area of the team that we must address next off season. New LG, new Center and possibly a new RT if Moses does not improve this year. Possibly a new QB as well!

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly the focus has to be offensive line and in light of the BS move to RG and Moses now taking over at RT, Litchensteiger remains as does Lavaou, I'm really concerned we are no better than last year up front. Hopefully Moses continues to get better but honestly, can you see that much improvement with this current group that will equate to wins? I just don't see it. This is one area of the team that we must address next off season. New LG, new Center and possibly a new RT if Moses does not improve this year. Possibly a new QB as well!

disagree I think we massively improved on the right side of the line

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I did exaggerate on the 70-30 ratio, but clearly this team has to get away from being so damned pass happy. However on this particular point that you're making, this I agree with and wonder why we should sign Trent to a long term contract. If you're right, and I agree that it's going to take at least a couple of years, how much will he (TW) have left in the tank? your thoughts?

i think trent has 7 great years and then the decline . so 2 years to get competitive and then you make your run . if you let trent go you will be in the market for a LT in the draft so keep that in mind

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well we are trying 2 young viable options over there so we will have to see how that pans out but the chester and polo/compton combo certainly wasnt going anywhere

what i think you will see is it is better at OG and slightly better at RT with room to improve

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think trent has 7 great years and then the decline . so 2 years to get competitive and then you make your run . if you let trent go you will be in the market for a LT in the draft so keep that in mind

Didn't mean to imply in any way letting him go. Just maybe not a long term contract of say longer than 3 or four years. He's 27 now 7 years puts him at 34. I'm thinking the decline begins at 30, three years from now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree I think we massively improved on the right side of the line

I agree completely. As I see it now the only weak spot is LG and they have 2 young guys in the pipeline that may be able to be plugged in if not this year then next. Guys center is not a big problem, Lich grades out very well. The problem has been the 2 stiffs playing on either side of him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

?? So improving at RG equates to no improvement? Not to mention that Moses could also provide improvement at RT. You can't simply base everything for young lineman on their first year or two. Players develop at different rates & you are ignoring the potential contribution of Callahan for all players on the O-line.

I believe that you should wait until midseason before passing judgement on this unit. Don't get too bent out of shape if mistakes are made early on by the young guys since it is almost expected - rather look for any progress as the season develops.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. As I see it now the only weak spot is LG and they have 2 young guys in the pipeline that may be able to be plugged in if not this year then next. Guys center is not a big problem, Lich grades out very well. The problem has been the 2 stiffs playing on either side of him.

Agree & remember the O-line plays as a unit. Improvement at even one position can do wonders for the unit as a whole. There are several solid O-lines that don't necessarily have great players at all 5 positions. This unit should be fun to watch over the course of the season - hopefully there is real progress in this area.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? So improving at RG equates to no improvement? Not to mention that Moses could also provide improvement at RT. You can't simply base everything for young lineman on their first year or two. Players develop at different rates & you are ignoring the potential contribution of Callahan for all players on the O-line.

I believe that you should wait until midseason before passing judgement on this unit. Don't get too bent out of shape if mistakes are made early on by the young guys since it is almost expected - rather look for any progress as the season develops.
Let's be real. The right side of our line may very well turn out to be solid for years. But these guys are going to make mistakes this year. Possibly quite a few. One only needs to see the Hard Knocks show to see how both of these guys were completely outclassed by JJ Watt. That doesn't mean you give up on them. What you look for is do they learn from those mistakes and do they become fewer as the year goes on? Are the mistakes due to inexperience or from physical limitations? One can be fixed, the other maybe not.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. The right side of our line may very well turn out to be solid for years. But these guys are going to make mistakes this year. Possibly quite a few. One only needs to see the Hard Knocks show to see how both of these guys were completely outclassed by JJ Watt. That doesn't mean you give up on them. What you look for is do they learn from those mistakes and do they become fewer as the year goes on? Are the mistakes due to inexperience or from physical limitations? One can be fixed, the other maybe not.

Agree 100% & I was going to reference that JJ Watt clip from this week on Hard Knocks. If you recall on one play Watt even says "that doesn't count - it was a rookie". So true. You also have to remember that even mutliyear probowlers are beaten by Watt quite often.

Just as you mention - I am expecting mistakes but looking for progress. No doubt I will curse at these guys when some of these mistakes are made. However - I will catch myself & realize that what matters is what occurs over the next several years. SM said as much during a recent interview.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not casting judgment now however, I wanted to see more upgrades to the line this year and hopefully Moses is the enigma that will provide improvement in year 2. I just don't see him being any better than Polumbus or Compton in year 2. With Scherff being a rookie and the continued lack luster play of Lavaou, we could be in for another long season up front. I won't pass judgment until after the season is over though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not casting judgment now however, I wanted to see more upgrades to the line this year and hopefully Moses is the enigma that will provide improvement in year 2. I just don't see him being any better than Polumbus or Compton in year 2. With Scherff being a rookie and the continued lack luster play of Lavaou, we could be in for another long season up front. I won't pass judgment until after the season is over though.

Well - if nothing else I believe that this is a major improvement in the philosophy of this team. As you probably recall - prior to the last year or two almost no emphasis was placed on the O-line outside of T. Williams. At least now they are using higher picks, getting better coaches & making an effort to truly upgrade this line. Hopefully - significant results occur over the next few seasons.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - if nothing else I believe that this is a major improvement in the philosophy of this team. As you probably recall - prior to the last year or two almost no emphasis was placed on the O-line outside of T. Williams. At least now they are using higher picks, getting better coaches & making an effort to truly upgrade this line. Hopefully - significant results occur over the next few seasons.

I certainly concur!!