• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

your draft pick

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, then Barr, Evans and an OT!!! I would be perfectly ok with that too... but then again, I also think Fisher will not be coaching here next year. He does not seem to be able to reign in the young players and keep them disciplined

.....now your talking!!
IMO that would be a perfect draft!!:yahoo:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so 2 and 13.. and I guarantee Cleveland does not pull the trigger on the deal until draft day if Houston does not pick Bridgewater.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream scenery. Not sold on a QB Texans take Matthews with the first pick. They do need a tackle so its possible. Rams trade back to 3 with Jags. Jags take Bridgewater. Rams get Jags 2nd rd pick. Browns at #4 fearing Oakland at #5 will jump them to get a QB trades with Rams. Browns take Johnny football. Rams get Browns 2nd rd pick. Rams now at #4 trade back to #6 with ATL fearing Oak at #5 will take Clowney. Rams get ATL 3rd rd & 4th rd picks. Oak takes a QB at 5. Rams take Barr at 6. still pick at 13. and will have 3 2nd rd picks 2 3rd rd picks and 2 4th rd picks. ok that was fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream scenery. Not sold on a QB Texans take Matthews with the first pick. They do need a tackle so its possible. Rams trade back to 3 with Jags. Jags take Bridgewater. Rams get Jags 2nd rd pick. Browns at #4 fearing Oakland at #5 will jump them to get a QB trades with Rams. Browns take Johnny football. Rams get Browns 2nd rd pick. Rams now at #4 trade back to #6 with ATL fearing Oak at #5 will take Clowney. Rams get ATL 3rd rd & 4th rd picks. Oak takes a QB at 5. Rams take Barr at 6. still pick at 13. and will have 3 2nd rd picks 2 3rd rd picks and 2 4th rd picks. ok that was fun.

That is dreaming.

That will never happen ( the trades of course ). Houston could take Matthews though, but I doubt it.

I would just like a trade that nets the Rams another 1st round pick ( either this year with a Cleveland trade ) or next year.

Rams have several directions they can go with their first pick ( Matthews, Clowney, Barr, Wadkins, Lewan ) so it really leaves the door wide open for them. They could trade with any team in the top 8 and still get a top player at a "need" position.

Then, depending on how the draft goes and who falls, they could trade down some more with the #13 pick and stockpile more picks. This draft has the "potential" to be as big as 2012 was if everything plays out just right.

Gotta hope a 2nd QB emerges, or a team falls in love with Clowney or Barr and want to make a trade.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have several directions they can go with their first pick ( Matthews, Clowney, Barr, Wadkins, Lewan ) so it really leaves the door wide open for them.

I agree with everything you said there except for listing Taylor Lewan in that group. Lewan will still be available at #13 when we pick. I personally think that if we do not trade the #2 pick that it is either Matthews,Watkins or Barr.... that is it.

Gotta hope a 2nd QB emerges, or a team falls in love with Clowney or Barr and want to make a trade.

There are, in fact, 4 QBs that have emerged that could possibly go in the top 10. Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr and Bortles.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have several directions they can go with their first pick ( Matthews, Clowney, Barr, Wadkins, Lewan ) so it really leaves the door wide open for them.

I agree with everything you said there except for listing Taylor Lewan in that group. Lewan will still be available at #13 when we pick. I personally think that if we do not trade the #2 pick that it is either Matthews,Watkins or Barr.... that is it.

There are, in fact, 4 QBs that have emerged that could possibly go in the top 10. Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr and Bortles.

KSU

I listed Lewan there in case the Rams dropped to #8 in a trade with the Vikings. They would miss out on Matthews in that scenario and may not want to risk losing him between their picks. That is the only reason I listed him there.

Second, there may be 4 QB's, but unless 2 of them separate themselves from the other 2, there will be no incentive for a team to trade up because they will view them all pretty equal. Although there is no Andrew Luck prospect in this draft, the Rams need either Bridgewater to fall to them or Bortles, Carr or Manziel to separate from the other 2.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan is not even the #2 OT in this draft... if we end up at #8 looking for an OT, we would go Cyrus Kouandjio from Bama, Greg Robinson from Auburn or Cameron Erving from FSU... Lewan is dropping. Just sayin

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree KSUDodgers. I have Lewan rated down the board amongst eligible OT's.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan is not even the #2 OT in this draft... if we end up at #8 looking for an OT, we would go Cyrus Kouandjio from Bama, Greg Robinson from Auburn or Cameron Erving from FSU... Lewan is dropping. Just sayin

It depends on where you look Lewan is the #2 Tackle on espn Rankings. Robinson hasn't commited to the Draft yet. It will change with the combine for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU

I listed Lewan there in case the Rams dropped to #8 in a trade with the Vikings. They would miss out on Matthews in that scenario and may not want to risk losing him between their picks. That is the only reason I listed him there.

Second, there may be 4 QB's, but unless 2 of them separate themselves from the other 2, there will be no incentive for a team to trade up because they will view them all pretty equal. Although there is no Andrew Luck prospect in this draft, the Rams need either Bridgewater to fall to them or Bortles, Carr or Manziel to separate from the other 2.

Unless the remaining bowl games and workouts change things drastically, I think Bortles has somehow worked his way into that #2 QB spot. Carr and Manziel appear to have dropped back a bit. Of course, Marriota could always switch things up and declare after a big bowl game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan may be dropping, but that could be a good thing if the Rams can make a trade with the Browns for their two 1sts.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the remaining bowl games and workouts change things drastically, I think Bortles has somehow worked his way into that #2 QB spot. Carr and Manziel appear to have dropped back a bit. Of course, Marriota could always switch things up and declare after a big bowl game.

I read today if ucla QB Brett Hundley declares for the draft 2 nfl teams say he's #1

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hundley has impressed the hell out of me. He's extremely talented. However, I don't know where he will fall in the top 15.