• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yards lost through dropped passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is about our WRs, not our QB. If I wanted this as an attack on our QB, I would've posted it in the other thread.

Man, I really can't wait till Alex is off this team. Not because he's not a good QB, but because of hypersensitive, punk bitches like you, Viper, FI, and Geraint who won't have anything else to "contribute" to this board other than jumping down anyone's throat who dares that say anything negative about Alex.

Don't troll my thread. It's about dropped passes compared to other teams in the league, not about our QB.

smith might not be the perfect qb, but he was the best option at the time and still is. as i've been saying for the past 6+ months, this is smith's year to break out if he ever will.

obviously being a niner fan i want smith to turn the corner and leave no questions about his ability to be a quality nfl starter. someone has to defend the poor guy on these boards, afteral he looks like steve blake.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
Least amount of yards lost through the air on dropped passes: Flacco 40, Alex Smith 56, Freeman 57

Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
Top 3 in Yards in Air on Dropped Passes-- Stafford 315, Brady 280, Weeden 219.

You probably shouldn't have put Smith's name in Bold if you didn't want this thread to respond to him.

Yeah? the Top 3 are guys who take shots down the field?? Big shocker, the Lions, Patriots, and Bengals air it out.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is but, Smith makes a lot of short throws so he could have 10 dropped passes for an average of 5.6 per attempt, that add up to 56 yards... while Kaepernick has 51 yards lost to that one deep pass to Raaaaaaaaandy in the Vikings game.

I'm really only impressed with Freeman, cause I had the impression that they aired it out in Tampa.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably shouldn't have put Smith's name in Bold if you didn't want this thread to respond to him.

Heh, yeah that woulda helped.

Somebody else asked about the numbers from last year those would be interesting to see.

I think the number of drops overall is the most important number. And besides Delanie everyone is doing a pretty good job so far this season, that is encouraging.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, yeah that woulda helped.

Somebody else asked about the numbers from last year those would be interesting to see.

I think the number of drops overall is the most important number. And besides Delanie everyone is doing a pretty good job so far this season, that is encouraging.

Number of drops are important, but number of first downs lost may be as important as yards lost(besides TDs dropped) due to the drives that would be sustained, the time is absorbs, the points it could lead to. High yards lost through the air of course would lead to a lot of first downs or TDs. A nine yard pass dropped on 4th and 10 wouldn't despite adding to that number of drops. (Yes, a three yard pass, too.)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear you hypersensitive pussies wanna turn this thread into an Alex Smith debate, so I'm closing it. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.