• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yards lost through dropped passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
Least amount of yards lost through the air on dropped passes: Flacco 40, Alex Smith 56, Freeman 57

Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
Top 3 in Yards in Air on Dropped Passes-- Stafford 315, Brady 280, Weeden 219.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i bet all of those are to delanie...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting because the Niners had a lot of dropped passes last year and the year before, but I never saw the through-the-air yards lost for them. On one hand, they were likely short passes. But on the other hand, we saw on Monday how short passes can lead to a lot of yards (not through-the-air obviously). I wonder where we would be if we could factor in YAC lost (I know that's impossible) because other QBs may have fewer YAC but more yards through the air due to their vertical attempts.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting because the Niners had a lot of dropped passes last year and the year before, but I never saw the through-the-air yards lost for them. On one hand, they were likely short passes. But on the other hand, we saw on Monday how short passes can lead to a lot of yards (not through-the-air obviously). I wonder where we would be if we could factor in YAC lost (I know that's impossible) because other QBs may have fewer YAC but more yards through the air due to their vertical attempts.

As you said you can't precisely measure YAC lost due to drops but you can measure what was lost such as 1st downs, 3rd & shorts, TD's, etc.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i bet all of those are to delanie...

And I bet you don't actually know who the SF 49ers even are - SEVERAL receivers have dropped passes for us this year - not just Delanie

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Caz.

This thread is about our WRs, not our QB. If I wanted this as an attack on our QB, I would've posted it in the other thread.

Man, I really can't wait till Alex is off this team. Not because he's not a good QB, but because of hypersensitive, punk bitches like you, Viper, FI, and Geraint who won't have anything else to "contribute" to this board other than jumping down anyone's throat who dares that say anything negative about Alex.

Don't troll my thread. It's about dropped passes compared to other teams in the league, not about our QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I bet you don't actually know who the SF 49ers even are - SEVERAL receivers have dropped passes for us this year - not just Delanie

PFF:

Walker - 4 (1 vs. GB, 1 vs. DET, 1 vs. NYJ, 1 vs. AZ)

Crabtree - 2 (1 vs. DET, 1 vs. NYJ)

Moss - 2 (1 vs. MIN, 1 vs. NYG)

Manningham - 1 (vs. DET)

Davis - 1 (vs. MIN)

Gore - 1 (vs. DET)

Miller - 1 (vs. DET)

Celek - 1 (vs. NYG)

K. Williams, Ginn, Hunter - All have 0 drops.

Total - 13

---------

By game

GB - 1
DET - 5
MIN - 2
NYJ - 2
BUF - 0
NYG - 2
SEA - 0
AZ - 1

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are the one who is hypersensitive because you are the guy out in a dinghy with a few others saying Smith isn't a decent starting QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this a warning. Don't turn my thread about Alex.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

most of the drops have been delanie. is there a breakdown somewhere?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF:

Manningham - 1 (vs. DET)

Davis - 1 (vs. MIN)

Gore - 1 (vs. DET)

Miller - 1 (vs. DET)

Celek - 1 (vs. NYG)

Total - 13

---------

By game

GB - 1
DET - 5
MIN - 2
NYJ - 2
BUF - 0
NYG - 2
SEA - 0
AZ - 1

there we go 25% of the time when delanie is targeted he drops it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm seeing he was targeted 16 times

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shocker about Manningham. That guy just gets open and makes the catch. Love him and wish we used him even more.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shocker about Manningham. That guy just gets open and makes the catch. Love him and wish we used him even more.

Me too, and I'd include Randy Moss too. I love what both of those guys have brought to the receiving corps. Moss gets a lot of attention which is really helping Crabtree, and Manningham seems to get behind his guy once or twice every game.

I liked that play they used in the Cardinal game where Moss and Manningham were lined up to the left and Moss just cleared it out and Manningham was wide open for about 10 yards.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF:

Manningham - 1 (vs. DET)

Davis - 1 (vs. MIN)

Gore - 1 (vs. DET)

Miller - 1 (vs. DET)

Celek - 1 (vs. NYG)

Total - 13

---------

By game

GB - 1
DET - 5
MIN - 2
NYJ - 2
BUF - 0
NYG - 2
SEA - 0
AZ - 1

Thanks Chris

PFF rejected Davis' 44 yard drop vs. Detroit which on the front side replay looks as if the pass was defended; however, the back side as well as a side view replay clearly show the ball hit and went through Davis' hands just before the defender hit his arm. Furthermore, Davis displayed a lack of athleticism on the play which led to the (dropped/defended) pass as well.

This is one of those calls that could have easily gone either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is about our WRs, not our QB. If I wanted this as an attack on our QB, I would've posted it in the other thread.

Man, I really can't wait till Alex is off this team. Not because he's not a good QB, but because of hypersensitive, punk bitches like you, Viper, FI, and Geraint who won't have anything else to "contribute" to this board other than jumping down anyone's throat who dares that say anything negative about Alex.

Don't troll my thread. It's about dropped passes compared to other teams in the league, not about our QB.

Ya, and those guys who always accuse others of being trolls when they have anything negative to say about the 49ers; those guys are a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.