• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YAC

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now, I'm going to start by acknowledging that Smith is not a good QB (so clyde, don't worry about that tangent).

How much YAC did we get today? I can only remember one play (the throwback screen to Davis) where we got any, and because he jumped, it didn't get as much as it could have. Since there's been so much talk about our minimal passing yards this year, I'm wondering how much other teams get from YAC.

Does anyone know?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with our offense, i'm just happy when someone catches the damn thing

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is through what ever ESPN has updated as of now.

Team YAC
NE Total 424
DAL Total 402
SD Total 394
CAR Total 338
DET Total 310
GB Total 308
ARI Total 287
WSH Total 247
PIT Total 242
ATL Total 229
CLE Total 228
PHI Total 214
OAK Total 212
NYJ Total 210
STL Total 202
BUF Total 199
MIA Total 187
CHI Total 186
NYG Total 184
NO Total 175
IND Total 174
JAC Total 170
TEN Total 161
SEA Total 160
DEN Total 153
SF Total 132
BAL Total 125
KC Total 120
TB Total 98
HOU Total 82
CIN Total 76
MIN Total 24

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks mojo. That seems about right.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow vikings only have 24

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as if the majority of the routes are hooks and 5-10 yard out patterns towards the sideline. Receivers haven't really had a chance pick up some YAC. Today, we finally saw VD on a drag route, giving him a chance to RAC. I wanna see more slants and drag routes to allow to receivers RAC.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This has been a problem for years. I see highlights every week and I see receivers taking short passes and going 60, 70, 80 yards. What do the niners get, like one per year if that?

Our receivers are not fast or allusive (except Ginn but they never get him a long one). But it seems like it is more play calling and game plan. We never spread the other D out and so they are always there to knock guys down.

If I was OC, next game I start off with 3 long long passes, just to shake them up and spread them out. Heck, maybe we will get lucky and actually complete one. We are so damn conservative it is obvious as hell and the other teams play us for that and we never make them pay.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself asking this question... does a better QB create a better opportunity for YAC? While the receivers have to own the majority of the blame. (Like Crabtree dropping that pass over the middle today with room to run) A lot of these routes and passes don't seem to give the chance for YAC unless the defense completely screws up or falls down.

While Smith doesn't do the guys any favors by throwing it at their knees so often. And I'll mention it again, the WR's TEs don't do him any favors by dropping the ones where they do have room to run.

I'm just glad the team isn't sitting at 24 yards like the Vikings. That seems impossible when they have Percy Harvin and Peterson for screen passes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This has been a problem for years. I see highlights every week and I see receivers taking short passes and going 60, 70, 80 yards. What do the niners get, like one per year if that?

Our receivers are not fast or allusive (except Ginn but they never get him a long one). But it seems like it is more play calling and game plan. We never spread the other D out and so they are always there to knock guys down.

If I was OC, next game I start off with 3 long long passes, just to shake them up and spread them out. Heck, maybe we will get lucky and actually complete one. We are so damn conservative it is obvious as hell and the other teams play us for that and we never make them pay.

We actually had several guys toward the top in YAC per receptions last year. Davis, Morgan, Crabtree, and Gore were all quite high in YAC.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes being dead last really surprises me.....I assumed Harvin would be a huge source of YAC for them.

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it just me or does it seem like VD dances too much in the open field. Seems like he could truck the $#%! out of db's if he just lowered the shoulder instead of trying to Barlow his way into an opening. So many times he gets in the open field and starts juking all Madden style...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it seem like VD dances too much in the open field. Seems like he could truck the $#%! out of db's if he just lowered the shoulder instead of trying to Barlow his way into an opening. So many times he gets in the open field and starts juking all Madden style...

The dancing around is an improvement over that time he just sat down when he was surrounded.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, I was bitching about that during the game. There was a third down play where he should have just run toward the gap between the two defenders, and instead just jumped around until he was corralled. With his speed and strength, if he just plowed into people he might make something of it. Of course, as soon as I said it, he actually made someone miss.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the yac has more to do with the swapping of coordinators. the timing is off just enough that wr's don't have the ball in the proper spot to pick up extra yards.

this year the offense seems to be neutered by conservative play calling and crap blocking. hopefully it changes

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Alex either throws the ball high forcing the WR to jump or he's not leading the WR enough which prevents us from getting YAC.