• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU/OU LIVE THREAD

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very proud of the effort our boys gave tonight.

The defense was stout most of the game. Looked like they just wore down in the 2nd half. But to only give up 16 pts is a crazy improvement.

Millard is not an elite QB. While he made some bad throws and decisions, he was playing OU in Norman in just his 2nd ever start. A tough assignment.

His mechanics are poor. His arm strength is questionable, but it appears he was the best option to help us win.

I wanted to see improvement tonight in my team, and I did.

This looks like it could be a really good year.

Bring on Georgia St.!

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While never one to take defeats very well, this game was, at the very least, one of vast improvement on the defensive side of the ball, and gives hope for the rest of the season in not being blown out by upcoming opponents. I am expecting more from our offensive genius head coach, which was the selling point to us for bringing him here. I am not saying he isn't, but these are his kids, his recruits and they are definately young, but it leaves the room to question his ability to recruit. Norman, Oklahoma will never be a great place to play without experienced players, let alone a group as young as we placed on the field. From offense, to defense, to special teams, there was plenty of spirit, but our coaches seem to be lacking a bit in ALL areas. I will ask, at my own demise I'm sure, what in the world is going on with DeForest? He can't coach a defense, and what he is known for, special teams, were lacking in anything special, and did not assist the offense in field position on at least 2-3 times. I am not impressed with him, nor his million dollar salary the last two seasons. Offense grade: C-. Defense grade: C+ Special teams: D- Coaching: F The screaming and hollering temper tantrum coaching style ain't working, and it will never work on the players of this time. It's time for young bald dude to wake up, or his tenure will not be long and glorious as he, or us, want it to be.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, the third grade name calling starts. DC, there were open guys to the left on several occasions, when he threw the pick into four defenders, there was a wide open six on the left side. Can you talk ball and things related to WVU ball without calling people names.

You mention one play, not like WRs were open every pass play and he missed them not looking their way. Then when he did look to open guys his arm, mechanics, or WR failed to make a play. Loss is not squarely on Millard or his prep. Quit crying.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very proud of the effort our boys gave tonight.

The defense was stout most of the game. Looked like they just wore down in the 2nd half. But to only give up 16 pts is a crazy improvement.

Millard is not an elite QB. While he made some bad throws and decisions, he was playing OU in Norman in just his 2nd ever start. A tough assignment.

His mechanics are poor. His arm strength is questionable, but it appears he was the best option to help us win.

I wanted to see improvement tonight in my team, and I did.

This looks like it could be a really good year.

Bring on Georgia St.!

Offense is going to get better, I hope one of the QBs steps up soon...for this year and next. It was good to see guys breaking tackles, not missing tackles, and actually seeing a defense force turnovers. I hate the "moral win" clique but this is something to build on.

Anybody coming to the Maryland game? :suds:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one was not disappointed in the overall effort. There was a lot of positives to take from this game. mainly, the defensive effort. OU kept our defense on the field 35 minutes and we give the offense TO after TO. This truly was a great performance. Offensively, Mallard is not the guy. I don't know who is or even if he exists but I can tell you one thing, you cant expect your defense to give this kind of performance night in and night out in the Big 12. OU has issues and OSU, Texas, and Baylor will expose that as we did. Special teams was the true disappointment on this night but when you have freshman on the punt and kick off team in Norman OK. , what else would you expect? Thank god its Georgia State weekend. PS> DAD if you remember last week I told you Kevin White would be a stud, he was a factor in this game and would have been a game changer had Mallard been able to throw the ball. Lesson learned for ya DAD, W & M game didn't mean anything did it? It certainly didn't dictate that 40 point loss you were crowing about did it?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny how so many people get hung up on a game like W&M. This board is no different than any other.

Haters gonna hate...

For some WVU fans... it is all gloom and doom.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While one cannot put all of the blame on Millard, it is easy to see that his passes lack zip and at times... accuracy.

However, his WR's did not help last night either. There were some passes which went right through their hands. And, Sticks has to come up with the TD reception... has to.

Did someone on this thread blame the OL? How so? How many times was Millard sacked... or hurried last night?

Didn't the OU defense pitch a shutout of the great offensive team Lousiana-Monroe the previous week? L-M scored 48 points against Grambling St last night.

Maybe OU's defense is pretty good?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the first loss in the Holgorsen era where I thought going down the stretch WVU had a chance to win. The mistakes were maddening but going to OU and only losing by 9 aint too bad. What sucks is that the loss is because of two bonehead ST plays. I 100% agree, Gold, Efore is a cancer on the team, and needs to go. We got guys roughing the kicker, guys dropping punts, guys fielding punts at the 5, KR guys running into each other.

I don't like Efore myself, but them 2 real big mistakes were both by RS Freshman. That is going to be part of their learning process.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alford is not a RS Freshman. He is a JUCO transfer.

But, he has never played on such a big stage before. Dropping a punt on a fair catch is just one of those mistakes that happened... and probably won't ever happen again.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Efore myself, but them 2 real big mistakes were both by RS Freshman. That is going to be part of their learning process.

Mike, you are right, I am sure the young men knew the mistakes as soon as they made them, and will learn. I wish the coach would learn from his mistakes, the time outs being wasted is getting old. The stubborn play calling just like Fraud, Millard should have been taken out when he became ineffective, ST has been a thorn in our side for twenty years and just cant seem to be fixed. I know he wants to throw, but RB is the strength of the team.........:scratch:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your original point was "Millard was not prepared"...I said he was but made bad throws or hit guys that were open and they let him down. So to your first point Millard was ready which DH also says...and he also changed the depth chart and is benching some of those WRs.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called me a jackass for saying there were open guys on several plays that were not even looked at by the QB............
regardless of all the bickering, the whole team has work to do, the offense looked lost (Millard a LOT) some of the time, and looked sharp sometimes.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called me a jackass for saying there were open guys on several plays that were not even looked at by the QB............
regardless of all the bickering, the whole team has work to do, the offense looked lost (Millard a LOT) some of the time, and looked sharp sometimes.

I called you a jackass cause the shine was flowing:laugh3:

He did not say we missed seeing them he said we did not hit them, which is really the only difference in what we both were saying....

I think Millard has the metal capacity, just not physical tools. I think we will fix it, but who is the answer at QB?

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford Childress has the physical tools. Why not toss him into the wolves? I really don't expect to see any improvement offensively until you fix the QB position. You need a guy who can tuck it in and get a few yards out of the pocket.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is unfair to say the offense is a lost cause. While it may be true that Millard does not have the total package, I think Dana knows what he can... and cannot do. And, he will put Paul in position to win and be productive.

Dana said a few things in his presser yesterday. He said that Clint and Ford were getting reps in practice this week. So, the QB job is up for grabs. I expect we'll see more of Clint and Ford as the season moves forward.

That being said, he also noted that his scheme and plan for OU put guys in position to make plays. There were more open WR's last Saturday than in last year's game. We just didn't have any Tavon's or Stedman's available to make the plays. He clearly blamed both WR and QB for failing to take advantage of what was there.

I think we will see more of Kevin White and Ronald Carswell. Both look like big-time players to me.

I have not been impressed with Alford so far. But, Dana mentioned him in his presser.