• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU Basketball Post Season

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If WVU wins the Big 12 tournament, they will receive the auto bid to the NCAA. As we’ve discussed, just knowing WVU is still alive... still has a chance to win the NCAA tournament to be crowned national champion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy right now.

Huggs had his last radio show at Kegler’s last night. He announced WVU would pay to play in the CBI. Looks like WVU will host each round it plays in... win and survive.

Not too long ago, WVU fans were letting Pitt fans know how much they enjoyed seeing Pitt play in the CBI.

I’m sure there’s karma...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If WVU wins the Big 12 tournament, they will receive the auto bid to the NCAA. As we’ve discussed, just knowing WVU is still alive... still has a chance to win the NCAA tournament to be crowned national champion makes me feel all warm and fuzzy right now.

Huggs had his last radio show at Kegler’s last night. He announced WVU would pay to play in the CBI. Looks like WVU will host each round it plays in... win and survive.

Not too long ago, WVU fans were letting Pitt fans know how much they enjoyed seeing Pitt play in the CBI.

I’m sure there’s karma...
A least we won a conference game. Hell, we won 4.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A least we won a conference game. Hell, we won 4.

Yep. Dead fucking last...

For that... we get to extend this fucking mess with the CBI.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dream of a NC begins tonight!

WVU vs OU. Let's do this...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah!!

Our NC hopes are still alive!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more games to keep our NC dreams alive!!

Hell yeah!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas is next. Wonder if we can finally beat them twice in a year.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... the dream of a NC came to an end tonight.

Thank God with college basketball, the season wasn’t over until it was over.

We be CBI bound now. It will be fun to see our HOF coach going up against a bunch of trash.

Let’s Go...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for a good effort from a group of mostly first year players. Nice to see that these guys did not give up or Huggs lose the entire team.
These guys showed some promise and for a disappointing season we may have found a nucleus of a really good team next year.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dagummit!! I wanted the miracle, but hey... our kids gave it a great run. I have to say (and yes, I know...but), next year looks real good! Adding Oscar, a healthy Sags and Culver... beast mode in the back court. Add EM Jr and McCabe plus the rest... watch out and... Let's Gooooo!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... the dream of a NC came to an end tonight.

Thank God with college basketball, the season wasn’t over until it was over.

We be CBI bound now. It will be fun to see our HOF coach going up against a bunch of trash.

Let’s Go...
Since you hate anything about WVU except for the Luck/Holgorsen duo. Have nothing good to say about any past coaches or teams, you need to move to the Houston and XFL pages and let real fans of WVU talk and cheer FOR our teams......

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you hate anything about WVU except for the Luck/Holgorsen duo. Have nothing good to say about any past coaches or teams, you need to move to the Houston and XFL pages and let real fans of WVU talk and cheer FOR our teams......
Same could have been said for you when Stew and Turnbull got canned by Luck so don’t start calling yourself a “real” Mountaineer fan. You never cease to amaze. By the way, Henson was fired in December for having poor seasons. See Poppy, No Balls is slowly getting rid of King Ollie’s minions. He will not step to Huggy. You mentioned the way Dana used to drink. Did you know Bobby Hugs was shit-faced during the Jerry West event? I’ll admit, I didn’t see it but was told by somebody I sat beside flying back into Pittsburgh.

Amazing what Huggins can do when he was “forced” to coach. He gave these kids a long leash and allowed them to make mistakes. Some of the shit I saw during these last 3 games made me wonder how the hell were these guys were D-1 players, but being a year removed from high school, it was tolerable. It was evident that none of these kids had to play defense while in high school but I’m sure this will be in place by next season.

Our future HOF coach has not brought home a Big 12 Title again. As some like to point out, the league, especially Kansas, seemed to be down. Whatever you want to blame it on, Huggs, kicking players off the team, Konate riding the pine for whatever BS reason; the job didn’t get done. Very similar to some years Dana had, but Poppy always blamed Dana. Now when Huggs gets called out for the same, then you become a non-WVU fan. Too funny. What I want to see out of Huggy next season is to coach like he did after the suspensions. Not because he has to but because he finally adapts to the strength of the players on the court. He proved he can do it. Let’s see if he continues next season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very similar to some years Dana had, but Poppy always blamed Dana.
No way, shape or form the same. Holgorsen's teams , good or bad never got any better throughout a season, we saw some players improve, but not the team, we saw the team wither on the vine down the stretch EVERY year. The basketball team this year was absolutely horrible, no chemistry, injuries, defections, ejections, quitting, kicked out, BUT the team was playing its best ball at the end of the season, there was a clearly better team this week than there was in November......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs absolutely knows how to coach. The job he did with his team since Feb. 11th is all one needs to see he can still do it.

The dismissals of Harris and Ahmad combined with the loss of Konate and Bolden certainly forced him to change the way he does some things.

1. Had to give his players more rope. Instead of the young kids playing with fear, they were allowed to grow through their mistakes.

2. He had to push fundamentals. Kids didn’t have them, and without the press to compensate for his poor offense and defense in the half court the past number of years... he was forced to do something he simply doesn’t. Coach them up in practice. As a result, we saw kids who couldn’t defend worth a shit in January, become above average defenders in March.

I truly loved watching the post Feb. 11 team compete. I was proud of them. They played some beautiful basketball at times.

But, I won’t forget everything I witnessed up to that point either.