• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Terry McLaurin OSU in 3rd

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to see you back , some posters accused me of running you off
Nah, tho I will admit the circular nature of debate on some players and this team grew quite tiresome for me at times. Happy about the draft. Hope we see less injuries this year. HTTR.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, tho I will admit the circular nature of debate on some players and this team grew quite tiresome for me at times. Happy about the draft. Hope we see less injuries this year. HTTR.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Galdi on WTEM had a segment on him this morning - an Ohio State veteran beat writer gushed about him as a person - said he was the kind of kid you want your daughter to marry, and the coaching staff loved him. Said he's a great gunner on special teams, a great blocker, extremely unselfish, and he also had the fastest 40 time at the Senior Bowl. Interesting note on Parris Cambpell, the higher picked Ohio State WR - apparently he's not good at tracking deep passes, and that's a big strength of McLaurin's game. Skins gave Paul Richardson a 5 year 40 mil contract last year, and McLaurin sounds like he's already a better and more versatile version of Richardson. I could see both Doctson and Richardson being gone after this season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Galdi on WTEM had a segment on him this morning - an Ohio State veteran beat writer gushed about him as a person - said he was the kind of kid you want your daughter to marry, and the coaching staff loved him. Said he's a great gunner on special teams, a great blocker, extremely unselfish, and he also had the fastest 40 time at the Senior Bowl. Interesting note on Parris Cambpell, the higher picked Ohio State WR - apparently he's not good at tracking deep passes, and that's a big strength of McLaurin's game. Skins gave Paul Richardson a 5 year 40 mil contract last year, and McLaurin sounds like he's already a better and more versatile version of Richardson. I could see both Doctson and Richardson being gone after this season.

I personally did not feel Paris is a good NFL prospect. He is a great athlete who happens to play WR. I'd take Terry of the two.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't aware that you left, as you know I did too for the same reason. I'm back to kick the tires again, hope you are as well.

As for McLaurin I love the pick and believe if nothing else he will be a good ST player. But for some reason I see him as a high risk to bust as a WR, just see Alvin Harper for some reason. Like Dad I see the kid from NC State Harmon as having a better chance to make the rotation for some reason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware that you left, as you know I did too for the same reason. I'm back to kick the tires again, hope you are as well.

As for McLaurin I love the pick and believe if nothing else he will be a good ST player. But for some reason I see him as a high risk to bust as a WR, just see Alvin Harper for some reason. Like Dad I see the kid from NC State Harmon as having a better chance to make the rotation for some reason.
he is a 3rd rounder for a reason . it will take him a season or 2 to be what he can be . he has good characteristics and could be a solid number 2 for us

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love McClaurin. Great pick by the Skins. He's a very respectable guy. He worked his ass off to get to be where he's at. Just a year ago he saw very limited time being hurried on the depth chart at WR at The Ohio State. I'm so happy for him and I think you guys are really going to enjoy both Simba ( Haskins) and Terry in DC. I will continue to root for them regardless of the team who drafted them. :suds:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love McClaurin. Great pick by the Skins. He's a very respectable guy. He worked his ass off to get to be where he's at. Just a year ago he saw very limited time being hurried on the depth chart at WR at The Ohio State. I'm so happy for him and I think you guys are really going to enjoy both Simba ( Haskins) and Terry in DC. I will continue to root for them regardless of the team who drafted them. :suds:

I just watched Ohio State/Penn State to get a read on our new QB. Please tell me this was his bad game of the year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Ohio State/Penn State to get a read on our new QB. Please tell me this was his bad game of the year.
He was off for sure. Check out his game against Michigan and that so called top defense in the country if you have any concerns.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was off for sure. Check out his game against Michigan and that so called top defense in the country if you have any concerns.

Yeah I'm gonna work my way through the schedule. I hate highlight reels, everyone looks good on a highlight clip. I want to see how he reacts to pressure for instance. Gotta any feedback there?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm gonna work my way through the schedule. I hate highlight reels, everyone looks good on a highlight clip. I want to see how he reacts to pressure for instance. Gotta any feedback there?
He's a pure pocket passer so he will need protection. He's pretty good with the accuracy and a good arm to zip it. He will run if he has to, which he did a few times in the Rose Bowl against UW. For whatever reason, PSU plays us tough and especially the night games. James Franklin shit the bed in the second half and didn't make adjustments like he needed. Urban Meyer recognized some of the mismatched and the rest is history.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pure pocket passer so he will need protection. He's pretty good with the accuracy and a good arm to zip it. He will run if he has to, which he did a few times in the Rose Bowl against UW. For whatever reason, PSU plays us tough and especially the night games. James Franklin shit the bed in the second half and didn't make adjustments like he needed. Urban Meyer recognized some of the mismatched and the rest is history.

A lot of us are unconcerned about mobility and are more concerned with how he handles pressure. Can he slip and slid in the pocket to buy time like say a Romo or Brees who also weren't mobile? Does he still demonstrate accuracy when pressured and possibly on the move a bit?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of us are unconcerned about mobility and are more concerned with how he handles pressure. Can he slip and slid in the pocket to buy time like say a Romo or Brees who also weren't mobile? Does he still demonstrate accuracy when pressured and possibly on the move a bit?
i have seen the flaws , all are correctable , he is as good as we have right now just needs grooming

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes, his speed can stretch the field (as the kids say - take the top off the defence), and he blocks. And great to have a speed guy covering punts - maybe we can finally down some punts inside the 10 - seems like we haven't done enough of that the last few seasons.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is plenty to work with and things to work on.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have seen the flaws , all are correctable , he is as good as we have right now just needs grooming
What did you see? I haven't had the time to look at him all that closely, highlight clips with clean pockets are not what I'm looking for. Can the pocket instincts of a Roma be learned or is it natural instincts? I'm thinking it's the 2nd one. But again I haven't seen if he has this or not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you see? I haven't had the time to look at him all that closely, highlight clips with clean pockets are not what I'm looking for. Can the pocket instincts of a Roma be learned or is it natural instincts? I'm thinking it's the 2nd one. But again I haven't seen if he has this or not.
sty posted a clip of him and i posted a mark bulloch clip , several of them that have the flaws

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has foot work issues , he throws deep balls short because of improper follow through . he is late on come back throws . you can see them on sty's video clip he posted DGF