• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow Teddy Ginn now a Cardinal

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him next to Fitz and Floyd and look out. Gotta love the stiff this team is doing. I wish I still had my season tickets I gave up a few years ago.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Ginn may have the best first play of anybody to play in our home stadium.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely an improvement from Roberts as a third option. He was sublime with Miami, so hopefully he can regain some of the explosive movement he had first coming into the league.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant to who we sign, free agents are taking note as to what is going on in Arizona. Antonio cromartie was here for a meeting yesterday. These are free agents we would have never gotten in the past. Good to see management is making an effort to ascertain quality talent.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.. we would get the Free Agents to come in, in the past....

As leverage for other teams to sign them...now they are coming in and staying.

We've had a real nice Free Agency period.

I actually was kind of surprised that Ted Ginn is only 28 years old... I thought he was older than that.

Ginn was a nice playmaker here in Carolina last year, including making a few really, really big plays. (Notably the clincher game vs. New Orleans in the rain, on the last drive). He is definitely what the Cardinals needed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big improvement over Roberts. More importantly, I get to stop worrying about Peterson getting hurt on punt returns because I would assume Ginn will take over that responsibility.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big improvement over Roberts. More importantly, I get to stop worrying about Peterson getting hurt on punt returns because I would assume Ginn will take over that responsibility.

For the first two years I was all about Patrick being the primary return man. After that, I have been holding my breath every time he fields a kick. I will gladly let the man who is making 10 million take kicks as opposed to the guy who is soon to be worth 5 times that amount. We don't need the face of the franchise on defense, arguably, taking any unnecessary hits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.. we would get the Free Agents to come in, in the past....

As leverage for other teams to sign them...now they are coming in and staying.

We've had a real nice Free Agency period.

I actually was kind of surprised that Ted Ginn is only 28 years old... I thought he was older than that.

Ginn was a nice playmaker here in Carolina last year, including making a few really, really big plays. (Notably the clincher game vs. New Orleans in the rain, on the last drive). He is definitely what the Cardinals needed.

Precisely! No coach/GM in my 20 years of fanship has been able to set the hook on almost any guy they desire. I love how straightforward they are with the signing process and are not willing to concede extra money if the deal supersedes what they believe is proper for price vs. production.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing IF they make Ginn our return guy (kicks and punts). Javier Arenas was brutal last year. His decision-making was beyond stupid...each game he'd decide to run a ball he could have just taken a knee on and got tackled at like the 12 yard line. I'm over that. And Patrick Peterson has been one of the worst punt returners in the NFL since his rookie year...when are people going to start realizing this?

As for a 3rd receiver, I agree he's better than Roberts (but that doesn't take much), but he's had some issues with his hands. After seemingly getting rid of Housler, having another dude drop balls in crucial situations come into the fold is concerning.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Roberts was that bad....he was a decent 3rd.

He just didn't have the ability to take the top off abdefense and Ginn does, easily.

So it adds a new dimension to the offense.

If we didn't get Ginn, I was wondering if the Cards would have looked at Brandon Cooks with their #1. He could have been the T.Y. Hilton out of the slot for the Cardinals, and is looked at Favorably to Tavon Austin as a game changer.