• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would it make a difference for Carmelo Anthony to join the Bulls?

$port$CriticDaBaus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking sports news recently, The Rockets have agreed to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls. Sure, he hasn’t played best this season at least, with a total of 13 points in this season of the NBA, but who knows if it would actually make a difference if he played for Chicago. Well, if he keeps playing like he did for Houston, probably no difference would be made. I honestly think he should start assisting people on his team, (players like James Harden), because he has very little to no assists. It’s what being a teammate is about! Working together! What the frick is wrong with basketball these days?!!?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking sports news recently, The Rockets have agreed to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls. Sure, he hasn’t played best this season at least, with a total of 13 points in this season of the NBA, but who knows if it would actually make a difference if he played for Chicago. Well, if he keeps playing like he did for Houston, probably no difference would be made. I honestly think he should start assisting people on his team, (players like James Harden), because he has very little to no assists. It’s what being a teammate is about! Working together! What the frick is wrong with basketball these days?!!?
It's amazing that teams still have not figured out that he is not an asset. He ruins teams. The Bulls would be much better off getting a younger player with potential than getting an old declining player who was never a winner.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the frick, indeed.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, the Bulls intend to waive him. The Rockets didn't waive him because they are over the cap and it would cost too much in luxury tax. Basically, the Rockets sent him and the cash it would cost the Bulls to waive him.

Such a great super-star, right?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, the Bulls intend to waive him. The Rockets didn't waive him because they are over the cap and it would cost too much in luxury tax. Basically, the Rockets sent him and the cash it would cost the Bulls to waive him.

Such a great super-star, right?

Yup, I think the Bulls just pocket some cash in this transaction and cut him. The Rockets would have lost a lot of money by cutting him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that teams still have not figured out that he is not an asset. He ruins teams. The Bulls would be much better off getting a younger player with potential than getting an old declining player who was never a winner.

No, teams have figured that out.

The Rockets just paid the Bulls to take him and the Bulls immediately released him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will definitely go into the hall of fane due to his body of work but if there is a section for worst team player that’s where he will be. He managed to be a great teammate on the international stuff but just couldn’t ever do it otherwise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will definitely go into the hall of fane due to his body of work but if there is a section for worst team player that’s where he will be. He managed to be a great teammate on the international stuff but just couldn’t ever do it otherwise.

Maybe LA is where he needs to go, but it seems they will only consider him if a roster spot opens up (maybe they have an unbalanced trade in the works?).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LA is where he needs to go, but it seems they will only consider him if a roster spot opens up (maybe they have an unbalanced trade in the works?).

Don't really want him and definitely don't want to give up even a bag of old basketballs for him.

But if he came in as an FA and accepted a role off the bench, he could actually help a little.

He's not going to do anything defensively (he never has), but he can still put the ball in the hoop. Putting him out there with Lebron a bit, might make him more effective as well.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really want him and definitely don't want to give up even a bag of old basketballs for him.

But if he came in as an FA and accepted a role off the bench, he could actually help a little.

He's not going to do anything defensively (he never has), but he can still put the ball in the hoop. Putting him out there with Lebron a bit, might make him more effective as well.

Pretty much my thinking. No need to move anyone to get him though; nobody on the 15 that I would cut to fit him in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my thinking. No need to move anyone to get him though; nobody on the 15 that I would cut to fit him in.

Yep. If I'm not mistaken, the Lakers currently have two, 2 way players. Maybe the thinking is they might bring Melo in when one of those guys has used up his NBA days?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If I'm not mistaken, the Lakers currently have two, 2 way players. Maybe the thinking is they might bring Melo in when one of those guys has used up his NBA days?

No room. I doubt he's eligible for a 2-way contract, and they already have their 15 man roster full:

15: Ball, Beasley, Bonga, KCP, Chandler, Hart, Ingram, James, Kuzma, McGee, Mykhailiuk, Rondo, Stephenson, Wagner, Zubac

2-way: Caruso, Williams

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He won't accept a role off the bench though. He is myopic as hell.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly take him on the Pistons. Really nothing to lose at this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No room. I doubt he's eligible for a 2-way contract, and they already have their 15 man roster full:

15: Ball, Beasley, Bonga, KCP, Chandler, Hart, Ingram, James, Kuzma, McGee, Mykhailiuk, Rondo, Stephenson, Wagner, Zubac

2-way: Caruso, Williams

Ok. I was thinking the 2 way was part of the 15 man roster. Not sure why, I don't remember ever hearing that, but I was. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't accept a role off the bench though. He is myopic as hell.

Agree. That's why I'd rather the Lakers just stay the hell away from him. A token starter role, where he starts but plays backup minutes after that might work. But I'm not sure who he'd start for.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing. It really is time to stop talking about this guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing. It really is time to stop talking about this guy.

Meh, he's still interesting to talk about, but for a different reason than he used to be.

I mean, has there ever been a less wanted former star in league history?

For most stars who are washed or very close to it, you usually have at least a few fans who will want him on their team just because of his name.

But I have yet to see any fan of any team say that they want Melo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I have yet to see any fan of any team say that they want Melo.

As a Syracuse fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Melo in a Lakers jersey. That said, I don't want to take minutes away from the kids, so if he does join, it would have to be at the expense of someone like Beasley or Lance (for some reason, Lance scares me when he's on the court; he's a stupid play waiting to happen), or filling an empty roster spot after an unbalanced trade.