• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Baseball Game Ever.....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well as for haters ... I've ranted about some guys in the past ... and going forward I hope I am able to curb myself.

Actually ... while you see TEX resigning CJ and not Colby ... I think it will be the other way around. And we'll see what solutions are available for 1b. Don't count Moreland out (sophmore season is always hard) ... plus there is at least one quality 1b option in the TEX system now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as for haters ... I've ranted about some guys in the past ... and going forward I hope I am able to curb myself.

Actually ... while you see TEX resigning CJ and not Colby ... I think it will be the other way around. And we'll see what solutions are available for 1b. Don't count Moreland out (sophmore season is always hard) ... plus there is at least one quality 1b option in the TEX system now.

Colby is under contract for next year but the Rangers can buy him out. personally i think from what i've read the Rangers will try hard to re-sign CJ. CJ is a much better pitcher with more upside than the homerun king. Colby was barely a .500 pitcher during the regular season and led the majors in homeruns allowed. i would much rather see a starting 5 of CJ, Buehrle, Derek, Alexi & Matt than CJ, Colby, Derek, Alexi & Matt.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colby is under contract for next year but the Rangers can buy him out. personally i think from what i've read the Rangers will try hard to re-sign CJ. CJ is a much better pitcher with more upside than the homerun king. Colby was barely a .500 pitcher during the regular season and led the majors in homeruns allowed. i would much rather see a starting 5 of CJ, Buehrle, Derek, Alexi & Matt than CJ, Colby, Derek, Alexi & Matt.

Not sure TEX would go with 4 LHP in its rotation.

In any case ... I think a healthy Scott Feldman is a better option than either Harrison or even Buehrle (especially if he wants a $12-14mm/year x 3yr deal). If TEX does not resign CJ ... then Buehrle might be an option but we'll have to see what happens first w/Wilson.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buehrle led the league in hits given up. That won't fly at RBiA.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In any case ... I think a healthy Scott Feldman is a better option than either Harrison or even Buehrle (especially if he wants a $12-14mm/year x 3yr deal). If TEX does not resign CJ ... then Buehrle might be an option but we'll have to see what happens first w/Wilson.

Harrison is dead weight. Don't see him as ever being much more than a guy who can pitch in the AL West..as long as the offenses stay at or below mediocre. I guess you can say that about the entire rotation.
I'd look for Daniels to do some trading this off season rather than drop a big payday on free agents.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is dead weight. Don't see him as ever being much more than a guy who can pitch in the AL West..as long as the offenses stay at or below mediocre. I guess you can say that about the entire rotation.
I'd look for Daniels to do some trading this off season rather than drop a big payday on free agents.

Wow. You really don't know shit about this team do you?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. You really don't know shit about this team do you?

That post didn't add any value to this thread. If you don't agree ... counter with facts as to why you think that Harrison is a keeper. Just throwing out epithets doesn't make you look smarter ... in fact it makes you look like you aren't able to support your position.

Try again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison has great stuff and still has upside. He was pretty damn solid during the season. My main concern is he just seems like he's more easily rattled than anyone else in the rotation. He's gotten better but still has a ways to go. You can just see it in his face and body language that when he gives up a few hits or walks he loses all of his confidence in his pitches. Maybe he gets better next year. We'll see.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison has great stuff and still has upside. He was pretty damn solid during the season. My main concern is he just seems like he's more easily rattled than anyone else in the rotation. He's gotten better but still has a ways to go. You can just see it in his face and body language that when he gives up a few hits or walks he loses all of his confidence in his pitches. Maybe he gets better next year. We'll see.

I don't think you were posting there, but that's the same thing that was said about Harrison last year and the year before on the ESPN board.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you were posting there, but that's the same thing that was said about Harrison last year and the year before on the ESPN board.

I realize that but he still made huge improvements this year. He was our 2nd best pitcher in terms of ERA. He would have won more games than Holland if he had Dutch's run support. He's a very solid #3 in most team's rotations. If we acquire another big arm I'd be very happy with him as our #4. He's still only 26 and has gotten better every year, and this was his first full season and taste of the playoffs. He has more upside than CJ at this point. To consider him "dead weight" is kind of knee jerk IMO.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Harrison can have his great games ... but he always seems scared out there ... kinda Casper the Ghost looking. I have been watching him pitch since he was at Frisco ... and he always seems to get rattled somewhere early on.

Tonight he couldn't locate his fastball ... and had to resort to his curve and change up for strikes. That's what happens ... and he ends up throwing a 3-2 changeup that got hit for a 2RBI double in the first inning. HR was off a changeup too I think.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that but he still made huge improvements this year. He was our 2nd best pitcher in terms of ERA. He would have won more games than Holland if he had Dutch's run support. He's a very solid #3 in most team's rotations. If we acquire another big arm I'd be very happy with him as our #4. He's still only 26 and has gotten better every year, and this was his first full season and taste of the playoffs. He has more upside than CJ at this point. To consider him "dead weight" is kind of knee jerk IMO.

Saying he's dead weight may be a little harsh, but i just don't see this guy being much more than what we are seeing right now or have seen. It seemed like he showed improvement against LH batters, but most of that was against weaker offenses.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison can have his great games ... but he always seems scared out there ... kinda Casper the Ghost looking. I have been watching him pitch since he was at Frisco ... and he always seems to get rattled somewhere early on.

Tonight he couldn't locate his fastball ... and had to resort to his curve and change up for strikes. That's what happens ... and he ends up throwing a 3-2 changeup that got hit for a 2RBI double in the first inning. HR was off a changeup too I think.

Yep, and there is no way a guy who can bring it in the mid 90's should get beat by throwing a change up on a 3-2 count.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i hadn't thought about what side they pitch from just quality

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you don't like much about this team, do you? you dislike MY,CJ, Harrison and several others. one has to suspect anyone who spends most of his posts calling for dumping so many integral pieces of a team that has gone to WS 2 years in a row.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't like much about this team, do you? you dislike MY,CJ, Harrison and several others. one has to suspect anyone who spends most of his posts calling for dumping so many integral pieces of a team that has gone to WS 2 years in a row.

I don't have favorite players, but to say I don't like somebody is an amatuer attempt at purposely confusing the issue between personality and ability. I never said anything about dumping Michael Young. However, the last two WS have shown him to be a product of front office propoganda. A singles hitter who is more interested in padding his hits total and image than taking a walk and a severe liability in the field. His contract makes a trade impossible so trade talk concerning him is useless.
Look, we have been to two consecutive World Series and have a pretty good idea of what it took to get us there and who can and can not perform at that level. Being interested in players who can get us through the AL West and then crater in the WS has offically become a drag. I want players who can perform on a bigger stage. Those are the guys who will get us through the regular season.
I'm not interested in getting into a bidding war over CJ. And what has Harrison shown that can't be replaced? Promise? A guy like Mark Hamburger has shown better stuff, IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have favorite players, but to say I don't like somebody is an amatuer attempt at purposely confusing the issue between personality and ability. I never said anything about dumping Michael Young. However, the last two WS have shown him to be a product of front office propoganda. A singles hitter who is more interested in padding his hits total and image than taking a walk and a severe liability in the field. His contract makes a trade impossible so trade talk concerning him is useless.
Look, we have been to two consecutive World Series and have a pretty good idea of what it took to get us there and who can and can not perform at that level. Being interested in players who can get us through the AL West and then crater in the WS has offically become a drag. I want players who can perform on a bigger stage. Those are the guys who will get us through the regular season.
I'm not interested in getting into a bidding war over CJ. And what has Harrison shown that can't be replaced? Promise? A guy like Mark Hamburger has shown better stuff, IMO.

you need players that produce during the regular season to get to the playoffs. MY produced this regular season to the point of a .338 BA and 205+ hits and carried the team while players like Hamilton, Beltre and others were injured. he played multiple positions including 1 that he had never played before. and every player on the team will tell you how valuable MY is to the team. but you know more than all them.

so who do you replace CJ with without getting into a bidding war? i suppose you would bring up Hamburger or Ramirez or someone else.

where has Hamburger shown better numbers or stuff?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need players that produce during the regular season to get to the playoffs. MY produced this regular season to the point of a .338 BA and 205+ hits and carried the team while players like Hamilton, Beltre and others were injured. he played multiple positions including 1 that he had never played before. and every player on the team will tell you how valuable MY is to the team. but you know more than all them.

so who do you replace CJ with without getting into a bidding war? i suppose you would bring up Hamburger or Ramirez or someone else.

where has Hamburger shown better numbers or stuff?

I'm tired of talking about Michael Young. I think I've been pretty clear there.
Put Feliz in CJ's spot is an idea. Work a trade maybe. More than one way to skin a cat if he wants TO MUCH MONEY. If he'll sign a reasonable deal ( 4 or 5 years years 40-60 mill) then sign him.
From what I have read Rameriz is not quite ready. Maybe a full season or late season call up away from the majors.

There you go again..I never said Hamburger had better numbers than Harrison or anybody else. In the limited time I saw him and IMHO his fastball has better movement and his breaking ball is better than Harrison's.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of talking about Michael Young. I think I've been pretty clear there.
Put Feliz in CJ's spot is an idea. Work a trade maybe. More than one way to skin a cat if he wants TO MUCH MONEY. If he'll sign a reasonable deal ( 4 or 5 years years 40-60 mill) then sign him.
From what I have read Rameriz is not quite ready. Maybe a full season or late season call up away from the majors.

There you go again..I never said Hamburger had better numbers than Harrison or anybody else. In the limited time I saw him and IMHO his fastball has better movement and his breaking ball is better than Harrison's.

okay so we replace a 16-win pitcher with a very good closer who has a very good fastball and what else. how many wins do you forecast for Feliz if we did that?