• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see KC in the series- if for no other reason, than the small market optimism it brings. With their backs against the wall, it looks like their good fortune might be catching up to talent realities though. Still, I'd rather go back home with a chance that be sitting at home watching, without one.

Sad news about the Taveras kid. 22 and such a bright future. Hard to fathom. It does put things in perspective though.

I suspect decorum dictates moves until after the WS, but I'd bet the Reds will have to make a move, if for no other reason, just to look like they did something. Doing nothing after dissapointment looks like apathy, and that's hard to sell tickets with...even with an All-Star game on the schedule. I'll probably try to attend some of the AS game festivities, because like a WS, you never know if it will be the last time you get the opportunity...although I'd trade the next century of hosting AS games, for our Reds to be where KC is now, just one more time in my life.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be rooting for the Royals in much the same way I cheered for the Braves and Twins in 1991. I would say, just because it makes sense, that they probably can't sustain that success but ... ya neffer nose.

I recall in the early 60s when the Cubs had a young 2B named Ken Hubbs who was killed very early in his career. That was the first time I was actually truly aware that ballplayers can die. In recent years, it seems more have been killed.

Funny how the window of opportunity can slam shut on a team. The Cubs are the classic example. Several times, close, but no cigar. Then it's rebuild and wait again. When you think of it, the 1990 W.S. team was probably a freak show, couldn't happen twice. And didn't.
I thought 1995 was a better team except for the bullpen.

As it stands, I don't think the Reds can contend in 2015, aside from being better than this past year. A year ago, I would have said the opposite.

I think the upgrade is going to cost a starting pitcher. To be honest, I am OK with that -- IF it's a real hitter, and I don't see many of them on the horizon.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC still has a chance. Bumgarner has been lights out. He has beat them twice, I think KC has some good advantages. One is they're at home, two is Bumgarner. Probably won't go again. Three I think KC starting pitching and bullpen is stronger. The rest is pretty even, if Bumgarner was going again it would be over. I don't think the 27 Yankees or the 76 Reds could beat him right now

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants pitching has been really shaky other than Bumgarner.
Right now, Pence seems to be the sparkplug for them.
I like KC to win it. After this year, it will be interesting to see how they approach success.
I doubt they do an unload job like the Marlins did.