• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Rangers be interested in a couple of other teams young/cheap castoffs that between the 2 of them can do everything but C/P???

They need someone in the OF who can hit LH pitching to semi platoon with Carter and provide rest/backup for the others, a new zipcode may cure what ails them... :think:

They already struck gold with one St Louis castoff... :nod:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else seen enough of Josh Smith? I thought he was pretty disappointing in everything but his defensive versatility.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Rangers be interested in a couple of other teams young/cheap castoffs that between the 2 of them can do everything but C/P???

They need someone in the OF who can hit LH pitching to semi platoon with Carter and provide rest/backup for the others, a new zipcode may cure what ails them... :think:

They have plenty of that already although Senzel is a high profile cast away. Probably needs ABs to get better. We have guys like Wendzel Ornelas Duran And Smith. Plenty of OF depth

To me we need besides the obvious relief help are a RHB who can play some 1B and DH like J Turner who also plays 3B. A backup catcher if not going with Huff

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carter needs to face MLB left handers on a regular basis, to see if he can hit them. As good as he is against right handed pitchers, he will hit lefties.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter needs to face MLB left handers on a regular basis, to see if he can hit them. As good as he is against right handed pitchers, he will hit lefties.
I agree. Given some coaching with his talent he can come around.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not into platooning him. He's too good of an outfielder and overall player to not have him out there the majority of the time.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have plenty of that already although Senzel is a high profile cast away. Probably needs ABs to get better. We have guys like Wendzel Ornelas Duran And Smith. Plenty of OF depth

To me we need besides the obvious relief help are a RHB who can play some 1B and DH like J Turner who also plays 3B. A backup catcher if not going with Huff
I think we have better in-house options for backing up 1B than some of those you mentioned for depth elsewhere. Between Foscue, Crim and Huff we should be fine for 1B. Duran can play there too.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have better in-house options for backing up 1B than some of those you mentioned for depth elsewhere. Between Foscue, Crim and Huff we should be fine for 1B. Duran can play there too.
I only mentioned Justin Turner who I have mentioned for weeks since WS win

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a couple of relief options in this article.

Lugo, Martinez, and Manaea seem like guys who can both relieve and start. I wouldn't mind having a couple of guys like that in our bullpen next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want Martin Perez back for the bullpen next year?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe minor league deal with a invite to ST

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crim may not be here after the rule 5 draft.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they'll get at least one veteran for the OF who that might be is still to be determined. Don't think they go with all those in house unproven bodies you mentioned, you always need to have a hopefully viable fall back plan...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think that he eventually will but you still need an option until he does prove he can...

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll get at least one veteran for the OF who that might be is still to be determined. Don't think they go with all those unproven bodies you mentioned, you always need to have a hopefully viable fall back plan...
Jankowski is an easy fit
Not sure they sign any mentioned to MLB contract. We have Zavala who may be viable within the year for OF.
Guess anything can happen and one vet bat makes sense. They may sit on this until after first of year for other position guys unless they sign Turner who may get a better offer. I thought AZ was good spot but now they have Suarez at 3B