• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure they joking about Hedges
Uncle Siggy wasn't.
Hedges is the type of player you acquire after you have every thing you need to win and money left to blow.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Siggy wasn't.
Hedges is the type of player you acquire after you have every thing you need to win and money left to blow.
To me, Hedges is a poor man's backup catcher and I mean dirt poor. He doesn't belong on even a slightly less than mediocre team. I don't care how good he is at tricking bad umpires into thinking a ball was a strike.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Hedges is a poor man's backup catcher and I mean dirt poor. He doesn't belong on even a slightly less than mediocre team. I don't care how good he is at tricking bad umpires into thinking a ball was a strike.
Hedges is a “spring training invitee who gets signed to MiLB deal”

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hedges is a “spring training invitee who gets signed to MiLB deal”
That could very well be the case but he does more than former defensively.
His cheerleader spirit does not offends me or interest
If he can call a game well and get outs and work well with pitchers there is value despite a zero bat. He certainly will be on the cheap and a MILB contract with ST invite may be the ticket

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could very well be the case but he does more than former defensively.
His cheerleader spirit does not offends me or interest
If he can call a game well and get outs and work well with pitchers there is value despite a zero bat. He certainly will be on the cheap and a MILB contract with ST invite may be the ticket
Hopefully, it is the ticket somewhere else.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should trade Heim for a bag of used pucks since his framing skills was the real reason he was acquired, not his offensive skills. His offensive skills only blossomed since he came here, which has made him a fan favorite and more valuable. If they hadn't he'd be a Hedges clone...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should trade Heim for a bag of used pucks since his framing skills was the real reason he was acquired, not his offensive skills. His offensive skills only blossomed since he came here, which has made him a fan favorite and more valuable. If they hadn't he'd be a Hedges clone...
1) Jonah Heim's didn't have a reputation for his framing skills until after he was traded here and worked with Bobby Wilson.

2) Jonah Heim had an excellent season, offensively, in his last minor league season before being dealt to Texas.

3) it is reasonable to expect that Bobby Wilson could help other catchers to improve their framing skills just like he has done with Trevino and Heim, since coming here. Some of those catchers he could help would surely be able to hit above the Mendoza line.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Hedges.
It seem like you guys have a vendetta against Hedges since he is in your eyes only a cheerleader. He just rubs you the wrong way and it comes across as personal venom lol

Do think Wilson may be able to help another catcher if they come in though it has. Or been demonstrated with Huff. I think Hedges in no way blocks Huff if that is your beef

My whole thing is I would rather have a food defensive catcher who works well with pitchers than a guy who hits 235 and is less defensively as my backup. Not sure why all the ire from the antiHedges club is about.
If we get another good defense guy I am surely good with that l. I am hoping Huff hits well enough that he is a DH 1B option as well or if Heim goes down he can fill in

I don’t get you guys. Seems like it evokes disgust

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Hope Bobby Wilson get a generous WS share for his work with catchers

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Jonah Heim's didn't have a reputation for his framing skills until after he was traded here and worked with Bobby Wilson.

2) Jonah Heim had an excellent season, offensively, in his last minor league season before being dealt to Texas.

3) it is reasonable to expect that Bobby Wilson could help other catchers to improve their framing skills just like he has done with Trevino and Heim, since coming here. Some of those catchers he could help would surely be able to hit above the Mendoza line.

Seems funny that the team website had an article in the last few months basically saying the same thing I did. I wonder who the author of the article got their information from on the team??? :scratch:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems funny that the team website had an article in the last few months basically saying the same thing I did. I wonder who the author of the article got their information from on the team??? :scratch:
I will bite. Love to see that article. Lol

I think Bobby Wilson has helped everyone here though. But what do I know? Credit is a weird thing. Hitters and pitchers do at times get better with coaching it seems

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find articles quoting Heim and others, that mention Bobby Wilson developing those skills in both Trevino and Heim. You can also find several articles from the time of the trade that mention Heim's skills, but they fail to mention framing.

That is just one area that Wilson helped him in.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just rubs you the wrong way and it comes across as personal venom lol
I am a fan. Everything the team does is personal to me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re Hedges.
It seem like you guys have a vendetta against Hedges since he is in your eyes only a cheerleader. He just rubs you the wrong way and it comes across as personal venom lol

Do think Wilson may be able to help another catcher if they come in though it has. Or been demonstrated with Huff. I think Hedges in no way blocks Huff if that is your beef

My whole thing is I would rather have a food defensive catcher who works well with pitchers than a guy who hits 235 and is less defensively as my backup. Not sure why all the ire from the antiHedges club is about.
If we get another good defense guy I am surely good with that l. I am hoping Huff hits well enough that he is a DH 1B option as well or if Heim goes down he can fill in

I don’t get you guys. Seems like it evokes disgust
There were guys on here who did not want a catcher who hit as badly as Hedges back when the trade was first announced.

It was an emergency stop-gap move at the time. There is no emergency situation now.

Not wanting your team to have such a poor career hitter on your team is not venom or disgust, it is common sense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole thing is I would rather have a food defensive catcher who works well with pitchers than a guy who hits 235 and is less defensively as my backup.
You are framing, no pun intended, this as an either/or situation when there is no reason to. You do not have to choose between a good defensive caterer who hits about .180 and a mediocre or worse catcher who hits .235. There are several other options besides those two scenarios.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3