• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend on the cost of the rental. From the proposed trade it would take Taveras, Foscue & Stephan
Yeah, I meant in general. Not just Burnes, but any other rental as well. To me, rentals are what you get when you are desperate at the trade deadline; not in the offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have not idea how much they want t spend again
If they don't want to soend very much, then just go with Bradford. In fact, whatever they want to spend, just go with Bradford.

Of course, I know that is not how Chris Young operates. He seems to have a fear of trusting his own young pitchers. Besides Langford and Carter, it might be the same with position players.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't want to soend very much, then just go with Bradford. In fact, whatever they want to spend, just go with Bradford.

Of course, I know that is not how Chris Young operates. He seems to have a fear of trusting his own young pitchers. Besides Langford and Carter, it might be the same with position players.
Whether Bradford starts or not we need more depth at least at the AAA level. Still want to get a closer. Do hope JHern makes aa LeClerc type jump this year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Bradford starts or not we need more depth at least at the AAA level. Still want to get a closer. Do hope JHern makes aa LeClerc type jump this year
Signing Nick Martinez and another guy like him would help with depth. One of the pitchers coming over from Japan fits that bill.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangraphs has shown little respect to the Rangers in 2024 by rating them as 9th in AL and expected to even make the playoffs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangraphs has shown little respect to the Rangers in 2024 by rating them as 9th in AL and expected to even make the playoffs
They have always been on the negative side when it comes to the Rangers. I think that speaks to the drawbacks of basing opinions solely on analytics.

Too many over-emphasize the importance of analytics. That is why I usually ignore opinions based mainly or solely on WAR or FIP.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I do hope we sign Shohei but I also hope a guy like Cody can come back on-a minor league contract. From his recent post he is still connected to Texas and TR S thinks highly of him. Don’t think the book is closed just yet

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Garver I think this is the time for him to cash in so I think if the right guy like Justin Turner is available we should get him. But would rather go internal unless obvious upgrade. We need some depth on the bench for Lowe too. Have a gut feeling he will be working on his swing this year but he needs a true backup
Not sure no Huff fits in but it definitely needs addressing.
Maybe he is the backup pitcher or more but o don’t mind Hedges as a 3rd catcher to come in for defense as long as we keep
His bats to a minimum. Of course I was high on Moreno but the snakes cashed in

To me how they handle the backup catcher and DH is one of the more interesting things to view this off-season

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Garver I think this is the time for him to cash in so I think if the right guy like Justin Turner is available we should get him. But would rather go internal unless obvious upgrade. We need some depth on the bench for Lowe too. Have a gut feeling he will be working on his swing this year but he needs a true backup
Not sure no Huff fits in but it definitely needs addressing.
Maybe he is the backup pitcher or more but o don’t mind Hedges as a 3rd catcher to come in for defense as long as we keep
His bats to a minimum. Of course I was high on Moreno but the snakes cashed in

To me how they handle the backup catcher and DH is one of the more interesting things to view this off-season
There has got to be a better hitter than Hedges who can catch. In fact, I would imagine almost all the listed free agent catchers could hit better than him. Even Oakland should be able to have 2 or 3 better catchers than Hedges on their team.