• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series 2023 Thread Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks October 27 - November 4

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fun baseball game.

lets get the next 1 and protect home field. if we go to arizona up 2-0, we would need to go 1 out of 3 to still be in good shape, but I’d love to end in 4 or 5.

game 2 is huge. Need Monty to be ready to kill some snakes.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time when I wanted Story over Seager. I sure am glad it didn't work out the way I wanted it too.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey has the clutch gene but so does Adolis and I think Evan and Wyatt have it

But this sure appears to be a team of destiny

But I have to stand down One game at a time

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Evan but he does need some help against left handed pitching.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really big one today. Going up 2-0 and keeping home field would be huge.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fun baseball game.

lets get the next 1 and protect home field. if we go to arizona up 2-0, we would need to go 1 out of 3 to still be in good shape, but I’d love to end in 4 or 5.

game 2 is huge. Need Monty to be ready to kill some snakes.
Got to admit when we went down in the bottom of the 8th I walked away from the tv. Came back just in time to see Seager literally dancing around the bases in the 9th after tying it at 5. And then Garcia winning it in the 11th.

Total unexpected

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewald just made it to easy for Corey. Dbacks had the win but stone cold Sewald couldn't finish it off this time! Dang!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewald just made it to easy for Corey. Dbacks had the win but stone cold Sewald couldn't finish it off this time! Dang!

Seager is always looking to swing first pitch....I dont think I would pitch to him or Garcia right now in a meaningful AB but I sure wouldn't throw him a first pitch anywhere near the zone.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Silver is mainly known for being a political polster. He also fancies himself as baseball knowledgable. and has written a few things in that area. He is way off center with this stupid comment. How many professional basketball, football, hockey, and soccer teams make the playoffs with poor records? How about NCAA Basketball with over 64 teams in the tournament? The NCAA Football Tournament is what Silver wants. A group of athletic direstor excecutives go in a backroom and decide who can be allowed to be one of the very few teams in that tournament. Undefeated teams are left out and sometimes two loss teams get in. Why because the power conferences get their way and it is about TV ratings and MONEY. The bottom line EVERY SINGLE BASEBALL TEAM knew before the season started what rules existed and who would be allowed in the playoffs and who would not. I feel no sadness at all for Atlanta, the Dodgers, the Phillies, and especially the cheating Astros. They and all the other playoff teams just came up short. That is life. I am 68 and have watched this team since it began in Washington DC. Everyone of you knows much more about baseball than I ever will but I love the sport and the Rangers. Nate Silver should shut up and worry about his Political polling non-sense. The Rangers have far exceeded my hopes for this year. I see a bright future for an extended period.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this quote from Corey Seager. I wish all our hitters had thisbphilosophy. This is from Ken Rosenthal:

Why is Seager so aggressive on the first pitch?

“Those guys are good,” he said, referring to opposing pitchers. “You never want to just give them a strike. You never know if the one you’re supposed to move forward (on) is the first one, so you’re just kind of always ready.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit when we went down in the bottom of the 8th I walked away from the tv. Came back just in time to see Seager literally dancing around the bases in the 9th after tying it at 5. And then Garcia winning it in the 11th.

Total unexpected
It is really hard sometimes. Sometimes you have to step away.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Silver is mainly known for being a political polster. He also fancies himself as baseball knowledgable. and has written a few things in that area. He is way off center with this stupid comment. How many professional basketball, football, hockey, and soccer teams make the playoffs with poor records? How about NCAA Basketball with over 64 teams in the tournament? The NCAA Football Tournament is what Silver wants. A group of athletic direstor excecutives go in a backroom and decide who can be allowed to be one of the very few teams in that tournament. Undefeated teams are left out and sometimes two loss teams get in. Why because the power conferences get their way and it is about TV ratings and MONEY. The bottom line EVERY SINGLE BASEBALL TEAM knew before the season started what rules existed and who would be allowed in the playoffs and who would not. I feel no sadness at all for Atlanta, the Dodgers, the Phillies, and especially the cheating Astros. They and all the other playoff teams just came up short. That is life. I am 68 and have watched this team since it began in Washington DC. Everyone of you knows much more about baseball than I ever will but I love the sport and the Rangers. Nate Silver should shut up and worry about his Political polling non-sense. The Rangers have far exceeded my hopes for this year. I see a bright future for an extended period.
Welcome

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they have moved Garver to catcher and put someone else at DH. I don’t want to see Hedges bat ever again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they have moved Garver to catcher and put someone else at DH. I don’t want to see Hedges bat ever again.
When FO thinks he is a better choice than Huff, something is wrong.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could but you lose thr DH to the pitcher