• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series 2023 Thread Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks October 27 - November 4

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one aspect I worried about when cheering for Arizona. On paper, they are the “easier” team than Philadelphia, based on record, number of star players, etc.

But the Rangers have a penchant for playing down to their opponent. And not to disrespect the DBacks as somehow being lower than the Rangers, but they do represent a less threatening foe. I just hope the Rangers stay as amped up and focused this series as they did with Houston, because the DBacks are for real and can definitely win games with defense, timely hitting, and clutch pitching.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer is normally at 95-97. He’s been at 93-94 and that is not cutting it. Put a gun on him next time before he starts. If he’s still at 93-94 then why bother to start him.
All he has to do is eat up some innings while keeping whatever damage he allows to a minimum.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time the Rangers have been to the WS?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not care what Vegas says
Nothing is for certain. Need good starting pitching keep them off bases and stay ahead

Very gritty ballclub that can scratch out runs
We will need to score runs and connect with some of the big bats
Love to get some SP masterpieces

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would leave Gray off the WS roster. Gave up 9 runs in 9 innings to D-backs and hasn’t pitched in a while but Bochy will add him.
Okay so it comes down to either Gray or Chapman, which would you choose?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Las Vegas favors Rangers to win the WS. After what all they have gone thru to get in, I guess I agree.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how Scherzer would have fared his first two times back if he wouldn't have had to face the Astros. The last time he faced the Astros before he got hurt, they hammered him. That very bad start was sandwiched in between two very good outings against the Twins and the Blue Jays.

I imagine his lack of success in his last two starts was a combination of being rusty and the Astros lineup. Now, how much each of those factored in, is hard to tell.

The Diamomdbacks offense is very formidable, but not quite the same level as the Astros. Scherzer is bound to be somewhat less rusty in his third start than his first two. Now, how much less rusty, is going to be the key.

All that being the case, I expect 5 good, but not great, innings from Scherzer in Game 3. It we make it to Game 7, I would expect 6 good to very good innings from him in that game.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1698243266901.png

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one aspect I worried about when cheering for Arizona. On paper, they are the “easier” team than Philadelphia, based on record, number of star players, etc.

But the Rangers have a penchant for playing down to their opponent. And not to disrespect the DBacks as somehow being lower than the Rangers, but they do represent a less threatening foe. I just hope the Rangers stay as amped up and focused this series as they did with Houston, because the DBacks are for real and can definitely win games with defense, timely hitting, and clutch pitching.
I had to go back and revisit the games earlier this year (sure as hell didn’t remember much at all about the games in Arlington back in May)… Not much to take away from those May games beyond the fact that Gray & Heaney both started and neither will in the next week (Gray might not even be on the roster).

The games in August were after the Brewers handed the Rangers their asses in that August weekend series. They then proceeded to go out to Arizona and get swept with a blown save by Will Smith (when they still thought he was a decent closer - he's not) and a drubbing in Game 2. They then went to Minnesota and got swept in 4. A week later, the Twins came down here and won 2 of three after which the September Asstro massacre weekend came and went... and I was pretty sure this team was about to crap the bed and miss the playoffs.

Still in awe that they are actually here…