• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonder Woman (2017)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see it yet?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02: the first 10 minutes or so is as bad a movie as I've seen in years. Literally a combination of bad video game cutscenes, bad dialogue, bad montages....ugh.

Chris Pine comes in the film and all of a sudden it's a combination of solid date movie and sneaky geek movie. Like its practically Lord of the Rings and at some point Wonder Woman tanks the adds so her teammates can dps without threat.

The casting was almost too perfect to the point where one of the plot twists would've been obvious even if they didn't have the main villain immediately give it away. It's not the feminist movie they were suggesting and it's a very libertarian date movie.

Probably my ninth or so favorite superhero movie. I'd give it an A-

Last edited:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ben Afflec ever going to star in his own batman movie?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9th? what do you have ahead of it?
Well, there was this thread from April and its already outdated

Your 5 (or 20) favorite superhero movies

but for sure ahead of Wonder Woman (imo) is: Dark Knight, Watchmen, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man.

I think Wonder Woman is in the same ballpark as Avengers, Guardians 1 and 2, Thor, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman:Under the Red Hood, Batman Begins, Dr Strange and Iron Man.

I'll have to watch Wonder Woman at least one or two more times, though, because I've seen all of these other movies multiple times except Dr Strange.

Obviously I expect other people to have different lists, too. I really enjoyed Wonder Woman after the first 10 minutes or so but its also not the smartest movie ever even if it didn't need to be. While I think that superhero movies have gotten a lot better in the past couple of decades, they still haven't really hit their full potential.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is hope for D.C. Comics movies after all. A little slow at points but overall a quality movie that gave hope D.C. Comics can pull this thing out of the ditch.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Worldwide takes are nuts. I'm starting to think I'm getting overcharged for my tickets.

lol @ The Mummy

Just to be clear on the Worldwide numbers...that is the total for domestic and international ($297,200,000) combined.

I agree with the overcharging of tickets. Prices are ridiculous. Especially since they have assigned seating now. I fucking hate that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight. Thank God DC appears to have figured out how to make a movie.

I called the twist almost imediately. I was happy with it though. Just because I called it did not diminish it for me.

I guess I understand that the scenes with young Dianna were necisary to establish her character, the actress was annoying. That is what you get with kids 95% of the time I get it. But it kinda took me out of the story.

I did not get a "You-Go-Girl" feel from this movie at all. And I was really afraid they were going to be a bit heavy handed with that.

The final battle scene was pretty bad. But I am not sure how else you can film a battle between two gods.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there was this thread from April and its already outdated

Your 5 (or 20) favorite superhero movies

but for sure ahead of Wonder Woman (imo) is: Dark Knight, Watchmen, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man.

I think Wonder Woman is in the same ballpark as Avengers, Guardians 1 and 2, Thor, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman:Under the Red Hood, Batman Begins, Dr Strange and Iron Man.

I'll have to watch Wonder Woman at least one or two more times, though, because I've seen all of these other movies multiple times except Dr Strange.

Obviously I expect other people to have different lists, too. I really enjoyed Wonder Woman after the first 10 minutes or so but its also not the smartest movie ever even if it didn't need to be. While I think that superhero movies have gotten a lot better in the past couple of decades, they still haven't really hit their full potential.

solid list.

Man of Steel is 100% better.

I haven't seen the Guardians. But the Batman Animated movies are absolutely ahead of it. Those are masterpieces.

I'd say it's better than Thor, but not better than Avengers, Iron Man or Batman Begins.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight. Thank God DC appears to have figured out how to make a movie.

I called the twist almost imediately. I was happy with it though. Just because I called it did not diminish it for me.

I guess I understand that the scenes with young Dianna were necisary to establish her character, the actress was annoying. That is what you get with kids 95% of the time I get it. But it kinda took me out of the story.

I did not get a "You-Go-Girl" feel from this movie at all. And I was really afraid they were going to be a bit heavy handed with that.

The final battle scene was pretty bad. But I am not sure how else you can film a battle between two gods.

Yeah, i finally saw it.

it was ok. But not as earth shattering as everyone kept saying.

I dug the twist.

But Chris Pine 100% steals the show.

Fun movie. But it's no Man of Steel.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Worldwide takes are nuts. I'm starting to think I'm getting overcharged for my tickets.

lol @ The Mummy
You are, the price paid by other nations people isnt the same. Its the same in many industries. Pharma and video gaming for Sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are, the price paid by other nations people isnt the same. Its the same in many industries. Pharma and video gaming for Sure.
When the US movie take is down 10~% this year they'll know why. I can sit at home and watch Netflix or just watch football.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $410,501,584 50.3%
+ Foreign: $405,800,000 49.7%
= Worldwide: $816,301,584

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished the first half.
It's terrible.

It's so bad, I can't even finish it.

I mean WTF if you said it was good.

I just liked it because of Gal Gadot

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02: the first 10 minutes or so is as bad a movie as I've seen in years. Literally a combination of bad video game cutscenes, bad dialogue, bad montages....ugh.

Chris Pine comes in the film and all of a sudden it's a combination of solid date movie and sneaky geek movie. Like its practically Lord of the Rings and at some point Wonder Woman tanks the adds so her teammates can dps without threat.

The casting was almost too perfect to the point where one of the plot twists would've been obvious even if they didn't have the main villain immediately give it away. It's not the feminist movie they were suggesting and it's a very libertarian date movie.

Probably my ninth or so favorite superhero movie. I'd give it an A-

Kind of like how Black Panther isn't a BLM movie...at all.

It's in fact super conservative.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished the first half.
It's terrible.

It's so bad, I can't even finish it.

I mean WTF if you said it was good.

I said it was a decent move.

And DC really has given us a low bar.

But it's not even close to as good as Man of Steel.