• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonder Man

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who previously played Black Manta in Aquaman, cast as Simon Williams / Wonder Man

yahya-wonder-man.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t get Cavill?

Those fan rumors were just wishful thinking that never made any sense.

Why in the world would Cavill give up being Superman on the big screen to be... Wonder Man on the small screen?!?

Captain Britain, Cyclops, Doctor Doom, or Hyperion on film, those roles he might accept.

But Wonder Man on television, ha ha ha, no.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why in the world would Cavill give up being Superman on the big screen to be... Wonder Man on the small screen?!?

Captain Britain, Cyclops, Doctor Doom, or Hyperion on film, those roles he might accept.

Ikr?

Why would any actor go from Superman on film to an also-ran b-level hero on tv?

Amiright?

tumblr_inline_ob6ssqP7wW1tae3h3_500.gifv

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Man was not a very popular character from what I remember from my comic book reading days. I don't see this one doing particularly well.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ikr?

Why would any actor go from Superman on film to an also-ran b-level hero on tv?

Amiright?

tumblr_inline_ob6ssqP7wW1tae3h3_500.gifv

Eh, by the time Routh accepted the role as Atom, Routh was nowhere close to A-list, and Routh's turn as Superman was already over (DC had already given Superman to Cavill).

Cavill still has the Superman role now and is still a headlining star. There are just better and bigger roles in Marvel that he could take rather than Wonder Man. I mentioned Captain Britain, Cyclops, Doctor Doom, and Hyperion because those are actually roles Cavill has been rumored for, and all much better than Wonder Man. It'd be awesome to see Cavill as any of those! (Well, maybe not Doctor Doom; I think he's just not the right actor for that role.)

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You assume that he won’t be in any future films.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume that he won’t be in any future films.

MCU characters who start out on TV pretty much never appear in any films.

Edwin Jarvis got a cameo of a few seconds in Avengers: Endgame, Daredevil got a single-scene cameo in No Way Home, and I think that's the complete list. And that's with Daredevil being a much better-known character than Wonder Man.

At best, Wonder Man gets a minor, secondary appearance in a film; he certainly isn't going to get his own film anytime in the next 10 years. There was even a joke in the last episode of She-Hulk about how she was never going to get a film.

I'm not hating on Wonder Man here; I actually liked the West Coast Avengers comics. But Wonder Man is just very, very far away from being a character notable enough that Cavill would accept him over other, much better Marvel roles.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCU characters who start out on TV pretty much never appear in any films.

Edwin Jarvis got a cameo of a few seconds in Avengers: Endgame, Daredevil got a single-scene cameo in No Way Home, and I think that's the complete list. And that's with Daredevil being a much better-known character than Wonder Man.

At best, Wonder Man gets a minor, secondary appearance in a film; he certainly isn't going to get his own film anytime in the next 10 years. There was even a joke in the last episode of She-Hulk about how she was never going to get a film.

I'm not hating on Wonder Man here; I actually liked the West Coast Avengers comics. But Wonder Man is just very, very far away from being a character notable enough that Cavill would accept him over other, much better Marvel roles.
I think that is something they are trying to change in the MCU though. The Netflix shows are slowly creeping into the movies in this new phase.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care about the race swap when it's done for the right thespian such as this case. Yahya is an excellent actor and is just what the doctor ordered for an esoteric character like Wonder Man, who may become more of a household name if Disney does his show right.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3