• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WK 2 vs Bengals

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler Nation! Monday night was great, I called 27-20 PIT and they did a little better than that.

The Wildcard playoff game in CIN LY was a brutal hard hitting affair and it eventually got out of hand and a few Bengals lost control and it ultimately cost them the game. That said, I'm sure that bad blood is still boiling or will be this Sunday when they meet in PIT. As a result of that playoff game, Burfict will not be playing.

Other injury notables. I won't bother to mention PIT PUP or IR guys...we know who they are.

Steelers...Shazier (knee)...he got nicked up late in the game and was replaced by Fort. Ed Bochette, tweeted that Shazier told him he was fine later Monday night...I expect him to play.

Wheaton (shoulder)...we'll have to see how he progresses, but based on the way Rodgers played in the slot, I don't think they are going to push him.

Gilbert (Justin, concussion)...I thought he was active last week...didn't realize he was in the concussion protocol.

Bengals...Eifert (PUP toe), Dennard (ankle), Ogbuehi (toe)...we'll have to follow the latter two as the week goes along...maybe our Hoop Bengal fans will know more.

On the game...obviously both teams know each other pretty well. OFC...IMO the Steeler OL will be challenged more this week, and the battle between Dunlap and Gilbert resumes. Another key trench battle will be Atkins vs Foster. Pouncey needs to shade there when possible to keep the big fella from having a big day. I can see them running some A gap blitzes. Hopefully AVill can handle Johnson straight up. If they hold their own on the edges I like the running game to do well again this week, and the OFC overall.

DEF...I'm sure coach Lewis wants more production from his RBs in this game...if so, Hargrave and McCullers may be more of a factor. Heyward was ticked they didn't record a sack in wk 1...CIN gave up a bunch last week, but they adjusted well with more 3 step passes and dump offs...were those OL issues? Or the Jets tough DL flexing their muscles?...in either case, we need to see more heat on Dalton than Cousins faced.

LaFell is a capable WR2, but can be maintained...the rookie Boyd (played at U PIT) is more talented...they need to make sure they don't lose sight of him. AJ Green is going to face a lot more zone with Mitchell deep...loved the lick Mitchell put Djax on a deep seam he caught...he needs to lay a few in this game as well.

Outlook...a healthy Ben makes the Steelers a better team imo...keep him upright and I like PIT in this one 24-20.

Damn...I tried to make this one shorter...What say you?

1p CBS game...the Falcons play out west in OAK and looking at the other 1p CBS games, it makes sense for them to send that game to a top 10 TV market. Either way, my new 65" TV that has one of those web browser gets delivered tomorrow, so I will be watching via NFLHD stream or CBS.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out of this game healthy. Ben and the WR's have to play safe. No setting up receivers over the middle to be teed up on.

This is a game that will be chippy. Glad Burfict is out.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out of this game healthy. Ben and the WR's have to play safe. No setting up receivers over the middle to be teed up on.

This is a game that will be chippy. Glad Burfict is out.

One of these days, one of our offensive linemen should hit him right in the knee, and give him a dose of his own medicine.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days, one of our offensive linemen should hit him right in the knee, and give him a dose of his own medicine.

Give me a break..... He's had one dirty hit on a Steeler in three seasons (Brown last year).

Plenty of examples of Steelers taking out Bengals on questionable hits over the years.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW..... I give the Steelers the edge here. A healthy Big Ben and offensive line and plenty of weapons will be tough to stop. I don't like playing you guys without Burfict and Eifert and the line worries me after last week. Should be a good game but I think the edge goes to the Steelers. Hoping the script flips late in the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW..... I give the Steelers the edge here. A healthy Big Ben and offensive line and plenty of weapons will be tough to stop. I don't like playing you guys without Burfict and Eifert and the line worries me after last week. Should be a good game but I think the edge goes to the Steelers. Hoping the script flips late in the season.

That's reasonable...after last week I fear Timmons vs any athletic TE in space.

While I think Burfict is a borderline fool...he is a good player and Eifert is already a top tier TE.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break..... He's had one dirty hit on a Steeler in three seasons (Brown last year).

Plenty of examples of Steelers taking out Bengals on questionable hits over the years.

Yes and lets not forget how Tuitt broke dalton's thumb with his helmet :L

Back under the bridge troll!!!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and lets not forget how Tuitt broke dalton's thumb with his helmet :L

Back under the bridge troll!!!!

What are you talking about? When/where have you seen that claim? Are you feeling extra sensitive today?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? When/where have you seen that claim? Are you feeling extra sensitive today?

Feeling just fine, and that was a topic of discussion on the bungals board last season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling just fine, and that was a topic of discussion on the bungals board last season.

I certainly don't remember anything like that.... And if it were posted it must have been a joke. Bengals and Steelers fans don't agree on much, but I think we can all agree that Dalton broke his thumb because he was being an idiot.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't remember anything like that.... And if it were posted it must have been a joke. Bengals and Steelers fans don't agree on much, but I think we can all agree that Dalton broke his thumb because he was being an idiot.

Well I agree, and you agree, but it was said that Tuitt broke his thumb with his helmet....
Ask anyone on here, @FaCe-LeE-uS seen it....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree, and you agree, but it was said that Tuitt broke his thumb with his helmet....
Ask anyone on here, @FaCe-LeE-uS seen it....

On the SportsHoopla? I didn't see it.

Dalton clearly broke his thumb jamming it in the guys leg when making a tackle. Silly even to argue about it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a stream for this game because Harrisburg. If anyone can hook me up, would appreciate it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a stream for this game because Harrisburg. If anyone can hook me up, would appreciate it.

As expected/hoping I'm getting this one on regular TV, but I am signing up for NFLHD streaming for the games that won't get on TV...not free...$29 for the yr.

@FaCe-LeE-uS I think knows a free streaming option, but if I remember it was full of quirks, pop up ads and what not...I just ended up at the bar and never really watched it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected/hoping I'm getting this one on regular TV, but I am signing up for NFLHD streaming for the games that won't get on TV...not free...$29 for the yr.
Got a link to exactly what service you are using?
I'd gladly pay $30 for the games Balt will force me to miss here. Would save that in bar tab.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 20 dollar option for 3 months would get me through the season. No need for it beyond mid December.

Bookmarked. At least will do the 3 day trial Sunday to make sure.

Thanks much!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 20 dollar option for 3 months would get me through the season. No need for it beyond mid December.

Bookmarked. At least will do the 3 day trial Sunday to make sure.

Thanks much!

No problem...Face will probably chime in with the freebie, but again, my experience wasn't that great. Make sense I guess but this year week 16 is Xmas Day, and 17 is 1st week of Jan.

I'll be joining you...maybe as early as next week. By my estimate...there are about 7 games that I'm pretty sure won't be sent to ATL so $20-$30 bucks is not problem to fork over.

Do give some feedback on it...the only streamed game I've seen was on Yahoo I think and it was pretty good...I just got a new TV that can stream without an extra device and I'm buying an extender for my wifi to get the best signal possible. I'm curious because also considering cutting the cable cord for good.