• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wizards notes

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After torching the Cavaliers with 27 points, 14 assists and seven rebounds on Tuesday night, John Wall followed up with 23 points, 10 assists and six rebounds in Washington's victory over Milwaukee on Wednesday. Wall is only the third player in the Wizards' franchise history to post at least 20 points, 10 assists and five rebounds on consecutive nights. Michael Adams did it for Washington on November 12th and 13th in 1991 and Rod Strickland copied the feat on April 3rd and 4th in 1997.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you would've expected anything less.. but here it is anyway, just for posterity's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stayed tuned... for sunday? Mmkay.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards backup point-guard options....

Truth About It » Wizards Free Agency / Salary Cap Primer: It?s All About John Wall?s Backup (& Martell Webster)

Comparative Matrix Break-Down of the Statistics using hot and cool colors–the darkest red means that player ranks the best in the associated category when compared to the other seven players; blue indicates a low ranking in comparison.

john-wall-backup-matrix.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards backup point-guard options....

Truth About It » Wizards Free Agency / Salary Cap Primer: It?s All About John Wall?s Backup (& Martell Webster)

Comparative Matrix Break-Down of the Statistics using hot and cool colors–the darkest red means that player ranks the best in the associated category when compared to the other seven players; blue indicates a low ranking in comparison.

john-wall-backup-matrix.jpg

Nice analysis. Bynum is the best player here, but may be too expensive and does not complement Wall very well. Ideally, I think they need to get somebody who can hit the 3 and does not turn it over very much. Lucas may be the best, affordable option.

Someone will overpay for Collison and Udrih.

What do you think about Wall as a franchise player? I think he is good enough to get us to be competitive, but not good enough to contend without a really strong frontcourt.

I like Porter and Beal, but you just can't win in this league when your best players are at the 1,2, and 3, unless one of those guys is a transcendent star. I don't think Wall is that player.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice analysis. Bynum is the best player here, but may be too expensive and does not complement Wall very well. Ideally, I think they need to get somebody who can hit the 3 and does not turn it over very much. Lucas may be the best, affordable option.

Someone will overpay for Collison and Udrih.

What do you think about Wall as a franchise player? I think he is good enough to get us to be competitive, but not good enough to contend without a really strong frontcourt.

I like Porter and Beal, but you just can't win in this league when your best players are at the 1,2, and 3, unless one of those guys is a transcendent star. I don't think Wall is that player.

I think Wall will be great as a co-franchise player.. if you know what I mean. I'm kinda worried that he'll overextend himself (and get injured again) or he'll lose heart if the team stumbles out of the gate the first couple months of the season. Seeing how Beal is next season will go a long way towards taking some of the pressure off him... hopefully.

It looks like we got Maynor. Seems like he recovered from his ACL injury of a couple years ago and I hope that'll keep up. Having Wall potentially get injured and then his backup get injured doesn't help the team at all.. so let's hope we can avoid that scenario. As far as spelling Wall when he is in the game, I'm just hoping that we don't lose momentum (e.g. leads built up in the game courtesy of Wall) during the game so Wall feels the need to play catch-up. I don't want to see him wearing down playing a ton of minutes in that respect, and I don't want to see him get discouraged.

If you put Wall on this team as it was more than a couple of seasons ago, I'd feel like he'd do just that... get discouraged. So, "franchise player"? The jury's still out on that one, as far as how I feel. I'm hoping for the best.. and preparing for the worst. We'll see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wall will be great as a co-franchise player.. if you know what I mean. I'm kinda worried that he'll overextend himself (and get injured again) or he'll lose heart if the team stumbles out of the gate the first couple months of the season. Seeing how Beal is next season will go a long way towards taking some of the pressure off him... hopefully.

It looks like we got Maynor. Seems like he recovered from his ACL injury of a couple years ago and I hope that'll keep up. Having Wall potentially get injured and then his backup get injured doesn't help the team at all.. so let's hope we can avoid that scenario. As far as spelling Wall when he is in the game, I'm just hoping that we don't lose momentum (e.g. leads built up in the game courtesy of Wall) during the game so Wall feels the need to play catch-up. I don't want to see him wearing down playing a ton of minutes in that respect, and I don't want to see him get discouraged.

If you put Wall on this team as it was more than a couple of seasons ago, I'd feel like he'd do just that... get discouraged. So, "franchise player"? The jury's still out on that one, as far as how I feel. I'm hoping for the best.. and preparing for the worst. We'll see.

Maynor is alright.

I think the key this year is for the team to play well enough that Washington looks like a good free agent destination for a 2014 big man.

I am not a huge Kevin Love fan, but he would complement this group really well. We shall see.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any new poster from the ESPN board ?

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im here. All the Wizards regs went to some new board at fanation or some shit. Its crap..I tried to get them to migrate here but they are all brain washed by ej and follow him..even to a crap board.