• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the first overall pick of the 2012 NFL draft...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the Rams.

Let's just assume the Lambs continue to suck, and earn the #1 pick, you think they will abandon Bradford?

They would get a king's ransom for the Luck pick, so I STILL would not have them picking him (caveat is the "draft-and-trade", of course).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the chances of it happening depends on the rest of the year, but you'd have to keep that option. at this point the Rams can't say they won't do it. this goes for all teams.

i'd think Carolina would have the toughest call should they get the #1?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chances of it happening depends on the rest of the year, but you'd have to keep that option. at this point the Rams can't say they won't do it. this goes for all teams.

i'd think Carolina would have the toughest call should they get the #1?

AND it would not be without precedent...

San Diego drafted Rivers (Eli, actually, but you know what I mean) even though they already had their QB of the future in house with Brees, and they ended up letting Brees walk with no compensation.

I still stand behind the "unlikely" status for the Lambs taking him, but it is certainly possible.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has helped their chances with Henne out for the year.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were the Rams sitting at #1, I'd draft Luck. It's a real tough spot, but you can let him sit for a year (very uncomfortably), and then choose who gets traded for very good compensation. Luck's just too hard to pass on.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as the Seahawks, Raiders or Cowboys dont get luck I dont care who ends up with him. I dont like those other teams at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were the Rams sitting at #1, I'd draft Luck. It's a real tough spot, but you can let him sit for a year (very uncomfortably), and then choose who gets traded for very good compensation. Luck's just too hard to pass on.

agree.

it all starts with your team's evaluation of Luck? if your evaluation confirms what everyone else is saying, pull the trigger. its possible Bradford shows a lot more rest of this season, but when your team is playing bad its hard to show more?

the only issue would be cap because Bradford has a huge deal? if you project you can't keep both on the team, then you work trades prior to the draft.

you'd rather not make a trade after the draft, but if you have to i'd think you could, but prior to signing Luck?

look how long Peyton has kept Indy's window open?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Packers had the #1 pick they should draft Luck. If everyone on your scouting team thinks he is the next Manning you don't pass him up. They would take him and sit him for a few years behind Rodgers and then trade one of them down the road for a couple of picks or a player upgrade.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bradford can be an elite franchise QB. But Luck is looked upon as a future hall of famer, and you may never be in position to land this type of QB again. Because of the position, this is a rare instance where you just go for it.

Also, when you do decide to trade one of them, there's a good chance you'll receive a huge amount of compensation to start filling in the other holes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if the Packers had the #1 pick they should draft Luck. If everyone on your scouting team thinks he is the next Manning you don't pass him up. They would take him and sit him for a few years behind Rodgers and then trade one of them down the road for a couple of picks or a player upgrade.

hmmm, good scenario to ponder?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...the Miami Dolphins select Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford.

My prediction still stands. It doesn't look like it'll be the Bengals or Redskins like a lot of people were saying. The Seahawks are still in it.

A new candidate is Minnesota. They're 0-4, but they drafted Christian Ponder 12th overall in April.

Miami has helped their chances with Henne out for the year.

I agree about Miami, they overachieved Sporano 1st year and have gotten worse every year since. Also a very tough division.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9er fan from Indy, & I gotta say the colts yall.defense could'nt stop the run with #18, & can't score enough points without #18.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But wouldn't that put them into a precarious salary cap situation? Bradford has a monster contract that I think would get all put into the year that he gets traded. Luck's contract would be more managable than Bradford's, but it will still be pretty large.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But wouldn't that put them into a precarious salary cap situation? Bradford has a monster contract that I think would get all put into the year that he gets traded. Luck's contract would be more managable than Bradford's, but it will still be pretty large.

there were some changes to the rookie cap. don't know if enough to allow both highly paid QB's, probably not? if it was me, i'd try to trade Braford anyway.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, there is no way in hell the Packers are even close to the top pick, but you don't take Luck when you have Aaron Rodgers who has been playing like the number 1 QB in the league. You trade for draft picks and/or players.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Rodgers is playing like Joe Montana and Steve Young put together. You don't fuck that up by trying to get too cute by drafting Luck. If you're the Packers you take Kalil #1, not Luck.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep riding my original horse (Seattle), but Henne and Manning's injuries put two strong contenders into the mix. The Ram's barrage of injuries is bad as well, but I'll stick w/SEA.