• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Win next week and we are in

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's assume we win: Would you rather us be guaranteed a playoff spot with an Arizona loss or have a mathematical shot at the division with an Arizona win?

It's strictly hypothetical and I don't really assume a win, but what are your thoughts on the matter?

If we win against Atlanta, it doesn't matter what AZ does. We hold the tie-breaker, so even if they beat us the following we'd still beat them out for the wild card spot. We'd almost certainly lose out on the 5th seed, though.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we win against Atlanta, it doesn't matter what AZ does. We hold the tie-breaker, so even if they beat us the following we'd still beat them out for the wild card spot. We'd almost certainly lose out on the 5th seed, though.

I think what he is refering to is the chances for the division title... If the NIners win out and Seattle lose the last 2 games, they will be tied.. The first tie breaker is head to head.. Since the Niners and the Seahawks split, the next tie breaker would be division record.. In this scenario, the Niners will have a 5-1 record, while Seattle will have a 3-3 record...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume we win: Would you rather us be guaranteed a playoff spot with an Arizona loss or have a mathematical shot at the division with an Arizona win?

It's strictly hypothetical and I don't really assume a win, but what are your thoughts on the matter?

If the Niners could win the division then that would be the best, I think the Niners hold the tie breaker over Arizona if both win next week and then the Niners lose in Arizona the following week. If the Niners have any shot at the Division that is the more important thing no one wants to go to Seattle to play.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks play the last two games at home agianst the Cards and Rams. The probability of them losing both games are not likely. The 9ers have to focus on the fact that they will be the 5th or 6th seed. It is is still possible that the Cards take over if the 9ers stumble....one game at a time people.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think what he is refering to is the chances for the division title... If the NIners win out and Seattle lose the last 2 games, they will be tied.. The first tie breaker is head to head.. Since the Niners and the Seahawks split, the next tie breaker would be division record.. In this scenario, the Niners will have a 5-1 record, while Seattle will have a 3-3 record...

Right, but it's a "would you rather" question, and the first option is only relevant if we lose this week. I'd imagine, if we beat Atlanta, that everyone would rather see AZ win this week. Frankly, I'd think everyone would rather AZ win this week.