• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Willis diagnosed with a sprained ankle; Sopoaga's x-rays come back fine

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and it's not severe, according to Adam Schefter. Cam Inman says Ice's x-rays came out "fine."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear on both accounts. I hope Willis can come through at a good pace.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news. We absolutely must upgrade on the DL via the draft is possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this is where the Dobbs thing makes you wonder....seemed to me he showed a lot of potential at RDE, both run and pass? so you'd think he'd be the "draft pick" that is groomed for Justin? you'd think he'd be the guy giving Justin breathers?

IF so, do we want him trying to learn offense and to a lesser extent, ST's?

if he's NOT the heir apparent, then ok, it makes sense to utilize his abilities anyway possible.

Ray McDonald isn't that old yet, so think we're fine there.

we could use an NT despite the argument they don't play many snaps. cause when you get into the play-offs, stopping the run is huge. we kept Ian Williams so MAYBE he's enough to fill NT?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where the Dobbs thing makes you wonder....seemed to me he showed a lot of potential at RDE, both run and pass? so you'd think he'd be the "draft pick" that is groomed for Justin? you'd think he'd be the guy giving Justin breathers?

IF so, do we want him trying to learn offense and to a lesser extent, ST's?

if he's NOT the heir apparent, then ok, it makes sense to utilize his abilities anyway possible.

Ray McDonald isn't that old yet, so think we're fine there.

we could use an NT despite the argument they don't play many snaps. cause when you get into the play-offs, stopping the run is huge. we kept Ian Williams so MAYBE he's enough to fill NT?

That's what i was thinking. Granted Justin Smith doesn't need too man breathers, but there seems to be a significant drop off from Smith to Dobbs (For obvious reasons).

We have at least another year out of Justin Smith, but that doesn't mean we can't draft someone to replace him in the long term and expect him to be able to fill in immediately. I like what the Steelers have been doing with their DL draft picks by giving them a chance to learn and come into the system when they are ready. That's similar to what i would hope we would do. I'm just not sold enough on Dobbs, Ian Williams, or even RJF yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the D Line is fine, they just need a better scheme to get to the passer more often. Its almost like Fangio does not see the significance of pressuring the passer.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...they just need a better scheme to get to the passer more often. Its almost like Fangio does not see the significance of pressuring the passer.

The same guy whose defense led the league in sacks last year?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oops. Forgot to add that Aldon Smith himself had the best productivity rate among individual players as well, according to them.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the D Line is fine, they just need a better scheme to get to the passer more often. Its almost like Fangio does not see the significance of pressuring the passer.

I said something similar in another thread. I know Fangio is capable of scheming better than he has. It just seemed more predictable this past game for some reason.