• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Mac Is Still Around

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course these arent facts, just why I think hes still around. We may not think about these things, but I can see these as being reasons Lou hasnt fired Mac yet. I didnt agree with Barry Melrose being fired 16 games in and as much as I want it, I wouldnt have agreed with Mac being fired already.

1) Rookie Coach
2) New System
3) Injuries

Now 1 and 2 are tied together. And the fact that Mac and the system had a good preseason also matters to Lou. If this team was even 99% healthy and had this record I doubt Mac would still be around, but we're probably 60% at best and yes Parise is LARGE chunk of that.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are trying to find excuses for JMac. I would say injuries is the only one, but not in such exposure. Unfortunately, offseason trades demoralize this team. Leagues penalties, plus there is still trade hanging in the air to get under the cap. Injuries are just the reason for trade delays. But players feel pressure as being considered to be traded and unfortunately can't carry this pressure.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me, injuries isn't even a reason. What injuries? Parise, that's it. Yes, thats huge because he's terrific but thats the only injury really that effects this team, Rolston wasn't to be honest, everyone has been knockin Marty for letting in soft goals so surely his injury wasn't a massive loss.

I know you sai Parise is a large chunk but for me he is it. He's the only injury that is bad on us, and well Lou should be more hard than that, to not fire him because he's a rookie coach is childish stuff(If thats why he hasn't been fired). This is the New Jersey Devils, who expected to push for the cup, if anything, don't bring in an F'N rookie coach to a team like this. :L

Urgh i'm too frustrated and angry with the whole situation and season to even be logical, or fair. Maclean is a bad head coach.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are trying to find excuses for JMac. I would say injuries is the only one, but not in such exposure. Unfortunately, offseason trades demoralize this team. Leagues penalties, plus there is still trade hanging in the air to get under the cap. Injuries are just the reason for trade delays. But players feel pressure as being considered to be traded and unfortunately can't carry this pressure.

I'm not finding excuses for his losses, I'm saying why I'm ok with Lou not firing Mac. We can kid ourselves and say these things dont matter but they really do. One thing I forgot to mention is if we do fire Mac, wont we have to buy out the rest of his contract costing us more money anyway?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i dont get it what injuries? not for anything wasnt moose brought in for this EXACT purpose?

not to mention the fact this team was struggling before the injuries i wouldnt really use them as an excuse..i can see if we started 7-0?

what new system? if there is a "new" system i seriously say throw it out the window because this team is obviously rejecting it!

preseason? really? i just dont think other teams were playing all that hard in the preseason

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand jmac is a rookie coach but that in itself brings up another problem.I could understand if he was showing an effort to learn from mistakes and situations but he doesn't seem to be doing much mire than staying the course and riding it out.he lost control of this team a long time ago his lack of Passion and heart bleeds through this team like a cancer.may just be me but when your team gets shifted on a penalty or bad goal I don't want to see the coach sitting there like a corpse .don't get me wrong if it looked like he was making an effort to learn or change things up I would be supportive but the way things have gone he hasn't shown anything to say next year wouldn't be a repeat of the same mistakes.jmac gotta go and if langenbrunner wants to place the blame fully on the players and say its one of them that has to go maybe he should go to.

brody30

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parise being injured is a nonfactor, being that we weren't really winning when he WAS playing.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me, injuries isn't even a reason. What injuries? Parise, that's it. Yes, thats huge because he's terrific but thats the only injury really that effects this team, Rolston wasn't to be honest, everyone has been knockin Marty for letting in soft goals so surely his injury wasn't a massive loss.

I know you sai Parise is a large chunk but for me he is it. He's the only injury that is bad on us, and well Lou should be more hard than that, to not fire him because he's a rookie coach is childish stuff(If thats why he hasn't been fired). This is the New Jersey Devils, who expected to push for the cup, if anything, don't bring in an F'N rookie coach to a team like this. :L

Urgh i'm too frustrated and angry with the whole situation and season to even be logical, or fair. Maclean is a bad head coach.

What injuries? Are you serious?

Langenbrunner- Missed 1/3 so far.
Volchenkov- Missed half the season.
Taormina-10 games missed.
Rolston- 14 games missed.
Joseffson- 21 games missed.
Salvador- Entire season.
Parise- Might as well have missed the entire season since he played hurt.
Marty- Played 14 games, came back and battled through three while still hurt.

Beyond that, you have White constantly sitting out practices, even though his playing through it, and very well I might add.

That's 4 of our top 9 on offense and 2 of our top 4 on defense. Combine that with the total fail-whale that is Ilya's season to this point...

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I losing my mind? Hadn't he been in the lineup this season?

He played, but he tore his meniscus in July. That's why he barely practiced during the season. He battled though which is more than most can say on this team.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beyond all that, I honestly believe Lou thinks the season is over, and there's no reason to replace the coach if that's the case. To be honest, the Devils aren't a financial juggernaut. They barely break even each year, even though last year they made some more money than usual. I don't know what Macs salary is, but if it's 1.5-2m then the Devils might not want to eat that salary then have to pay a guy like hitch a similar amount to coach the team into 11th instead of 14th.

Devils fans don't pay to watch Ilya, they pay to watch winners as is evident from our recent home attendance. They might be circling the wagons in an effort to not lose too much money.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What injuries? Are you serious?

Langenbrunner- Missed 1/3 so far.
Volchenkov- Missed half the season.
Taormina-10 games missed.
Rolston- 14 games missed.
Joseffson- 21 games missed.
Salvador- Entire season.
Parise- Might as well have missed the entire season since he played hurt.
Marty- Played 14 games, came back and battled through three while still hurt.

Beyond that, you have White constantly sitting out practices, even though his playing through it, and very well I might add.

That's 4 of our top 9 on offense and 2 of our top 4 on defense. Combine that with the total fail-whale that is Ilya's season to this point...

lets see here taromina no one even knew who he was this summer (i am shocked to seem him even crack this msg)
joffenson- how many points did he have?
rolston 4th line material before the season started and now he is sorely missed?
langs no one wanted here when the season started
salvador no one wanted here when the season started
volchenkov missed what like 8 games? (not sure)
marty well we shouldnt have missed a beat because i remember someone telling me moose was the "best" backup goalie on the market?

outside of parise i just shot all of your "injured" players down....so i ask again what injuries? half of this list werent suppose to be on the team anyway (taromina/salvador/langs) if all went to plan in an effort to dump salary....so now to use them as an excuse of our bad play is just stupid

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
see i think people WOULD pay to see a kovy scoring machine and a devils team that wins...why would anyone want to play for a bunch of players that dont want to play for their coach?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big big deciding factor for me is this.

a coaches job is to get the most out of his players.
is jmac doing that right now? the answer is quite obviously no.

i also believe he has a hard on for grind it out players such as langs, zajac, pelley, gionta, mair ect.

there is nothing wrong with that, but the reallity is while some of them are among your better players, they aren't you best players.

players such as kovy ( i know many of you don't like his play ), elias, tedenby, and arnott, all players who revolve around speed and finess for the most part don't seem to fall into favor with mac. in my opinion players like this, esp. kovy and tedenby, have often been missused.

kovy does NOT belong with zajac and langs. all great players. but also completely different types of players.

hell the elias arnott teddy line was hands down our best line even when they weren't scoring, but they are starting to be broken up now. i don't get it.

i do not believe mac is the man for this job. at all.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see i think people WOULD pay to see a kovy scoring machine and a devils team that wins...why would anyone want to play for a bunch of players that dont want to play for their coach?

Kovy could be leading the league in goals right now and if the Devils weren't winning no one would go.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets see here taromina no one even knew who he was this summer (i am shocked to seem him even crack this msg)
joffenson- how many points did he have?
rolston 4th line material before the season started and now he is sorely missed?
langs no one wanted here when the season started
salvador no one wanted here when the season started
volchenkov missed what like 8 games? (not sure)
marty well we shouldnt have missed a beat because i remember someone telling me moose was the "best" backup goalie on the market?

outside of parise i just shot all of your "injured" players down....so i ask again what injuries? half of this list werent suppose to be on the team anyway (taromina/salvador/langs) if all went to plan in an effort to dump salary....so now to use them as an excuse of our bad play is just stupid

Please don't respond to my posts if you don't even know what you're talking about. Furthermore, I don't know who told you Hedberg was the best backup on the market, but that's complete crap. He's a 1.5M goalie. He's here to spell marty, not carry the team.

Seriously though, do you disagree that Langs, JJ, Rolston, Parise are 4 of our top 9 scorers, and Salvador and Volchenkov are two of our top 4 dmen?

The fact that the Devils had to make tough choice involving the cap doesn't make players worthless.

Cup, you want to shit on Andy Greene. How about the fact that he has one less point than Ilya and his -17?

You just can't handle that you were completely wrong about all the moves you thought Lou should do. You wanted Martin and Mottau gone, and the d has collapsed. You wanted Kovy, he's been atrocious. You want to put these things on Maclean, and sure as coach a lot of this has to be on him, but like I said before I'm not engaging you in conversations about this team anymore because we're not on the same level in terms of a discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
big big deciding factor for me is this.

a coaches job is to get the most out of his players.
is jmac doing that right now? the answer is quite obviously no.

i also believe he has a hard on for grind it out players such as langs, zajac, pelley, gionta, mair ect.

there is nothing wrong with that, but the reallity is while some of them are among your better players, they aren't you best players.

players such as kovy ( i know many of you don't like his play ), elias, tedenby, and arnott, all players who revolve around speed and finess for the most part don't seem to fall into favor with mac. in my opinion players like this, esp. kovy and tedenby, have often been missused.

kovy does NOT belong with zajac and langs. all great players. but also completely different types of players.

hell the elias arnott teddy line was hands down our best line even when they weren't scoring, but they are starting to be broken up now. i don't get it.

i do not believe mac is the man for this job. at all.

There's no one else for Kovy to play with. They need to make a trade then.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't handle that you were completely wrong about all the moves you thought Lou should do. You wanted Martin and Mottau gone, and the d has collapsed. You wanted Kovy, he's been atrocious. You want to put these things on Maclean, and sure as coach a lot of this has to be on him, but like I said before I'm not engaging you in conversations about this team anymore because we're not on the same level in terms of a discussion.

That's pretty much my feeling as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1.5 million and he gets an NTC? and he isnt suppose to shoulder a load? wow i should send lou a tape of me playing maybe i will get paid! buuuuuuuuut ok

dude what im saying is before the season started EVERYONE said rolston/langs/salvador were the ones that should be shipped out of town (i'm guessing that means they werent too high on them to begin with) to then turn around and use their injuries as an out for the bad season is a joke!

-preseason- "we have to get under the cap we should look to get rid of rolston/salvador/langs"

-mid dec- "all these injuries we have/had to rolston/langs/salvador are really what hurt us"

see where you cant have it both ways?

i think your wrong i think if you have an EXCITING TEAM that competes and kovy scoring the building would sell out.