• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Sue Bird... it's not like there haven't been white superstars before. I wish them well but I'm not interested in watching a vastly inferior version of the sport unless the women are hot. It's not an admirable POV but my guess is that many male basketball fans share it.
So you watch NBA because you find the male players hot?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you watch NBA because you find the male players hot?

No but it is a factor wrt women sports for me. I watch the NBA because it's the finest exhibition of the sport by far. But the other thing about hoops is that the basket provides such a constant stark visual frame of reference for how much lesser the womens game is compared to the mens, unlike some other sports where visually the discrepanccy is not as obvious nor important. It's gotten better but it's still slo-mo with little air time compared to the guys.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NBA forum.

Take that shit to the pf and share it with the tards that hang out there.
That's where wnba talk belongs because it's just politics.

A girl that can shoot is a nice circus act.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched about 5 minutes of WNBA basketball in the past 5 years.

Unfortunately... it's a boring product relative to the men's game.

Contrast that with soccer (at World Cup time, for instance), which is still somewhat comparable to the men's game... or tennis, which is still somewhat comparable... regardless of sex/gender.

It just doesn't translate on the B-ball court, IMO.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but it is a factor wrt women sports for me. I watch the NBA because it's the finest exhibition of the sport by far. But the other thing about hoops is that the basket provides such a constant stark visual frame of reference for how much lesser the womens game is compared to the mens, unlike some other sports where visually the discrepanccy is not as obvious nor important. It's gotten better but it's still slo-mo with little air time compared to the guys.
So do you prefer men's volleyball, or women's?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contrast that with soccer (at World Cup time, for instance), which is still somewhat comparable to the men's game... or tennis, which is still somewhat comparable... regardless of sex/gender.

Saying women's soccer is comparable to men's soccer is like saying being drowned is comparable to being suffocated.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying women's soccer is comparable to men's soccer is like saying being drowned is comparable to being suffocated.
I'm speaking strictly in terms of watch-ability... and sure, it's a subjective opinion...

IMO, top-level female soccer is still somewhat watchable... it can generate some excitement. Ditto with top-level female tennis.

But I've literally never felt that for female basketball... I couldn't imagine watching an entire female basketball game, it simply doesn't hold my interest. It's slow, below-the-rim, boredom.

That said, a Caitlin Clark highlight reel is pretty impressive. It's not gonna get me to follow the WNBA, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here.

The physicality just isn't there.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm speaking strictly in terms of watch-ability... and sure, it's a subjective opinion...

IMO, top-level female soccer is still somewhat watchable... it can generate some excitement. Ditto with top-level female tennis.

But I've literally never felt that for female basketball... I couldn't imagine watching an entire female basketball game, it simply doesn't hold my interest. It's slow, below-the-rim, boredom.

That said, a Caitlin Clark highlight reel is pretty impressive. It's not gonna get me to follow the WNBA, though.
yeah, it's 7am so I'm still just making jokes here. It's definitely subjective though. It's clear that the NBA has the best talent in the world but if you go somewhere like North Carolina there are a lot of people that live and die for college basketball but could give two fucks about the NBA. And there is almost no one there who says they like the NBA better than college basketball. (except people that just moved there from somewhere else).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like movies about gladiators?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you prefer men's volleyball, or women's?

Neither really, except during the olympics.. but if I stumbled across a match aside from that I'd be more likely to watch the women. I actually do find volleyball to be an entertaining spectator sport and was disappointed when my daughter quit that (and track) in favor of cheerleading because I really enjoyed watching volleyball matches and track meets... while cheerleading competitions, not so much.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are 2 different games. If you watch expecting to see what you see in the NBA, you're going to be disappointed. I like watching the women because their fundamentals are better. They can't really overcome poor fundamentals with crazy athleticism like male players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither really, except during the olympics.. but if I stumbled across a match aside from that I'd be more likely to watch the women. I actually do find volleyball to be an entertaining spectator sport and was disappointed when my daughter quit that (and track) in favor of cheerleading because I really enjoyed watching volleyball matches and track meets... while cheerleading competitions, not so much.

Womens beach volleyball is very entertaining.