• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She will pass that player with time.

Bird
Taurasi
Stewart
Bueckers

She’s got a lot of work to do

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a WNBA board? Is the nation really going to start watching? Being from CT, I've been "watching" top level girls basketball for 20 years... It never translated (or transferred to the WNBA)... Will people really start watching now?

Yeah, I think they will start watching because the trend shows they already are in growing numbers. Over the last decade, especially over the last 5 to 6 years, there's been an influx of recognizable and talented women's basketball players. People like Aja Wilson, Kelsey Plum, Sabrina Ionescu, etc. The women's collegiate game grew (as the men's fell apart) with star players that stuck around 3 or 4 years and also weren't concentrated at just one or two schools. That growth in the collegiate game has translated into the pro game as the fans are following along. The collegiate game has really exploded in popularity over the last 4 to 5 years with stars like Clark, Boston, Bueckers, Reese, Brink, etc. Those fans are gonna carry over. WNBA has seen growth the last handful of years and is expected to continue. Not just continue, but likely boom. They're anticipating it too with 2 new expansion franchises (Golden St and Toronto) and the goal of adding two more by 2028. You're likely going to see a considerable bump in ratings and attendance this year, continuing the trend.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we duck this responsibility that would be a cardinal sin
Nice. Two for one.

We need to be Allies (I went rare bird on this one) in order to keep it from happening

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they will start watching because the trend shows they already are in growing numbers. Over the last decade, especially over the last 5 to 6 years, there's been an influx of recognizable and talented women's basketball players. People like Aja Wilson, Kelsey Plum, Sabrina Ionescu, etc. The women's collegiate game grew (as the men's fell apart) with star players that stuck around 3 or 4 years and also weren't concentrated at just one or two schools. That growth in the collegiate game has translated into the pro game as the fans are following along. The collegiate game has really exploded in popularity over the last 4 to 5 years with stars like Clark, Boston, Bueckers, Reese, Brink, etc. Those fans are gonna carry over. WNBA has seen growth the last handful of years and is expected to continue. Not just continue, but likely boom. They're anticipating it too with 2 new expansion franchises (Golden St and Toronto) and the goal of adding two more by 2028. You're likely going to see a considerable bump in ratings and attendance this year, continuing the trend.

Maybe they’ll finally make a profit after 30 years

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And being the female version of Steph will do that.

Not a good comp

Steph was the best player at his position at some point….

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good comp

Steph was the best player at his position at some point….
She was the best player in college basketball for two years. She led the NCAA in points and assists. Shoots crazy long 3s and goes off on unstoppable runs.

Sounds a lot like Curry to me.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was the best player in college basketball for two years. She led the NCAA in points and assists. Shoots crazy long 3s and goes off on unstoppable runs.

Sounds a lot like Curry to me.

Wasn’t even the best player at her position last year

That player resides in Storrs Ct