• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a WNBA board? Is the nation really going to start watching? Being from CT, I've been "watching" top level girls basketball for 20 years... It never translated (or transferred to the WNBA)... Will people really start watching now?

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a WNBA board? Is the nation really going to start watching? Being from CT, I've been "watching" top level girls basketball for 20 years... It never translated (or transferred to the WNBA)... Will people really start watching now?

Nah, but the highlight reels might be slightly more interesting.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are so addicted to these media hype trains that they have to play along like the programmable robots they have become.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes people will watch now.... more than before... There is an intrigue that Clark has... and until we are over her, we will continue watching or at least following because of her...

the question is how long will we be intrigued by her?? that is probably going to go away pretty quickly, as the WNBA has some real talent to not make her the best player right away...

but then again, just like it did for the womens tournament, it got us to get to know the other girls better... maybe that will happen here too...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my thinking too but why didn't Lobo rock the attendance?
Cubans don’t count as white to the white people that care Clark is white?

Imo Clark wouldn’t have been the sensation she became without the clash against a very black LSU team last year.

My bad on assuming this was in the PF. Wouldn’t have even commented if I realized.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, a lot is going to depend on what she does in the WNBA. If she's their answer to Steph Curry, then folks will remain interested. If not, they won't.

Another factor will be who's coming in after her. The girl from UConn, her name escapes me at the moment, who I believe should be entering next year and then Juju Watkins after her should also help if they continue to play well.

The one and dones have hurt the mens tournament which has helped the womens tournament get more exposure. A lot of folks who watched both have said that the womens tournament was actually better. More storylines and more entertaining.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, a lot is going to depend on what she does in the WNBA. If she's their answer to Steph Curry, then folks will remain interested. If not, they won't.

Another factor will be who's coming in after her. The girl from UConn, her name escapes me at the moment, who I believe should be entering next year and then Juju Watkins after her should also help if they continue to play well.

The one and dones have hurt the mens tournament which has helped the womens tournament get more exposure. A lot of folks who watched both have said that the womens tournament was actually better. More storylines and more entertaining.

Those people smoke meth and fuck their cousins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people smoke meth and fuck their cousins.

Women’s tournament was definitely better this year.

No doubt about it.

Won’t translate though. Because WNBA no longer has the narrative advantage over the NBA.

Might gain a few eyeballs. But my guess is just a few.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my thinking too but why didn't Lobo rock the attendance?

Or Sue Bird... it's not like there haven't been white superstars before. I wish them well but I'm not interested in watching a vastly inferior version of the sport unless the women are hot. It's not an admirable POV but my guess is that many male basketball fans share it.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's her being white. I think it's because everyone fell in love with the 3 pointer and she's incredibly accurate. We'll see how long it lasts

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually watch the women's gymnastics in the Olympics. I remember watching live as Kerri Strug hit that vault all those years ago.
I sometimes watch the women's soccer world cup. I remember watching live as Brandi Chastain hit that game winning shootout goal all those years ago.

Those are the moments I watch sports for.

So when Clark started getting close to breaking all time records I started watching. And I watched most of her games in the women's tournament this year. For that reason.

But 1 time every 4 years. A couple times a decade. That's all you get from me. I'm not watching soccer or gymnastics or the WNBA casually on a Tuesday night.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from Iowa so I'm bias but Clark is more exciting, in a Curry type way. The long threes, the highlight passing and she does nothing to make people or the media hate her.

Some will bring race into it but that's BS imo. The NBA is filled with black stars, every sport is. WNBA would have stars if they played exciting basketball but most of them don't.

Clark seems like an easy to relate to person but she can hit 3's from the logo.