• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hasn't the writers turned Cena heel yet?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know, he's definitely the face of WWE, but it seems like writers seem to throw every opportunity to turn him heel but they keep him a babyface. I wouldn't even consider him a fan favorite anymore. If he faces any other face, the crowd chants for the other guy (CM Punk and the Rock are just a few in the past few years). He could easily turn on the crowd.

Am I the only one who is waiting for Cena to turn heel?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stopped hoping for it. I don't think it will happen unless somebody starts outselling him in merchandise and grants as many make a wishes as he does. Plus he is making the WWE a shit ton of money right now.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know, he's definitely the face of WWE, but it seems like writers seem to throw every opportunity to turn him heel but they keep him a babyface. I wouldn't even consider him a fan favorite anymore. If he faces any other face, the crowd chants for the other guy (CM Punk and the Rock are just a few in the past few years). He could easily turn on the crowd.

Am I the only one who is waiting for Cena to turn heel?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$----That's why! He gets ALL the kids and women and some of the men. I think the % of fans is far greater that want him face vs heel.

I'm a huge Cena fan, but would love to see him as a heel. That would be fantastic!!

So no, you aren't the only one! :suds:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a great heel, but you guys are right...he has to stay Face for business purposes. I think a ton of little kids love him, he grants wishes, etc...the chants you hear at the live events are only one side of the Cena coin. Most 8-year olds aren't chiming in those chants.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt really matter to the 8 year olds that dont understand anyway. There would be just as many people cheering as booing like there is now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't turn him heel, the kiddies will revolt.

BTW, the Doobster was a BIG fan of heel Cena.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, if he turns heel, they would not lose $$$. He is a big enough name where he can sell anything.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that Cena could pull off being a heel and I think a lot of the older fans would gladly accept it and even encourage it. At the same time, the base are the young kids who look to Cena as a hero. I don't know if they will accept the change and right now the Cena character is really about playing to the kids.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that Cena could pull off being a heel and I think a lot of the older fans would gladly accept it and even encourage it. At the same time, the base are the young kids who look to Cena as a hero. I don't know if they will accept the change and right now the Cena character is really about playing to the kids.

THIS!!! :agree:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't turn him heel, the kiddies will revolt.

BTW, the Doobster was a BIG fan of heel Cena.

Someone made a point on the tube that Hogan still had lots of fans when he turned heel, but I dont think that would hold true for Cena. Kids would cry all over the place.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the perfect opportunity to turn Cena heel during the whole Kane feud at the beginning of 2012. They dropped the ball big time there. That could have easily been a 6 month program for those 2, but they rushed it because of WrestleMania w/ cRock..

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone made a point on the tube that Hogan still had lots of fans when he turned heel, but I dont think that would hold true for Cena. Kids would cry all over the place.

Yeah that is actually a good point, but they have to remember that he didn't go heel until the kids who idolized him during the 1980s grew up somewhat. I don't think they could get the same results unless they wait 5 years or so.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is actually a good point, but they have to remember that he didn't go heel until the kids who idolized him during the 1980s grew up somewhat. I don't think they could get the same results unless they wait 5 years or so.

Even if he doesnt turn heel, its time to let someone be the top dog. He doesnt have to be relegated to midcard status, but its time for someone else to carry the banner.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he doesnt turn heel, its time to let someone be the top dog. He doesnt have to be relegated to midcard status, but its time for someone else to carry the banner.

I agree, but haven't they done that the past couple years or so with CM Punk's title reign and the "YES!" movement with Daniel Bryan? I'm not saying either one of those 2 ever surpassed Cena in terms of star power, but I think they've at least tried to bring up other superstars. Unfortunately, I really do believe the WWE's top priority are the kids that watch the show and as much as they push CM Punk & Daniel Bryan, they just don't have the appeal to little kids that John Cena does. Hopefully that changes, but I remember when I was a little kid, it took me a while to accept any superstar besides Hulk Hogan as the top wrestler.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Cena's popularity starts to wane with the 12 and under crowd, he will turn heel. I believe writers have wanted to do it for some time but it wouldn't be good for all the Make-A-Wish work Cena does or even the simple act of him giving out his t-shirt, ringside, to mentally challenged kids.

Daniel Bryan is clearly on his way to becoming the face of WWE and soon enough he'll be the guy all these kids want to be around.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Cena's popularity starts to wane with the 12 and under crowd, he will turn heel. I believe writers have wanted to do it for some time but it wouldn't be good for all the Make-A-Wish work Cena does or even the simple act of him giving out his t-shirt, ringside, to mentally challenged kids.

Daniel Bryan is clearly on his way to becoming the face of WWE and soon enough he'll be the guy all these kids want to be around.

I agree with all this, I just don't think his popularity with the 12 & under crowd will wane for some time. I hope I'm wrong about that, but his popularity with the kids is unlike anything I've seen since Hulk Hogan.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with the statement that as soon as his popularity drops with the younger crowd (As those youngsters start to grow up and see how ridiculous SuperCena is) he will turn heel and it will start an entire new era in the WWE.

a CHANCE that when Cena turns, it COULD be similar to that of the entry of the Attitude Era was. Back then, WWF was all family friendly because that was their core audience and consumer, then as those kids who idled BRet Hart, etc. Grew up, WWF adapted to their fans interest and went rouge.

They wont now because Cena is still the top guy for the younger fans, and those younger fans are right now the money drawers. But I definitely see once those kids grow up, which should be soon, Cena will turn and it will be HUGE.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if kids will completely stop loving Cena. He is this generations Hulk Hogan. Im 36 and I still go crazy and scream like a little kid when Hogan comes out.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if kids will completely stop loving Cena. He is this generations Hulk Hogan. Im 36 and I still go crazy and scream like a little kid when Hogan comes out.

Remember when Hogan turned heel when he arrived at WCW. It kept Hulk Hogan alive and that was monumental. Could see the same with Cena.