• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why do people keep wanting utley to sit?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to sound like a dick (which apparently means i will..) but it was known last year that utley's knee condition gave him issues because of inactivity. he said as soon as the season ended he would continue to work out for the whole offseason and right into the season so his body would always be loose. it's clearly done the job as the only problem he had this season was the rib cage, and his power has returned.

so why have him sit? if that's the case, then he'd be better off calling it a year. then he wouldn't have proper access to his offseason workout plan as he'd be traveling with the team. he has a condition, not an injury. he's better off starting the rest of the year and going right into whatever he did last season.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to sound like a dick (which apparently means i will..) but it was known last year that utley's knee condition gave him issues because of inactivity. he said as soon as the season ended he would continue to work out for the whole offseason and right into the season so his body would always be loose. it's clearly done the job as the only problem he had this season was the rib cage, and his power has returned.

so why have him sit? if that's the case, then he'd be better off calling it a year. then he wouldn't have proper access to his offseason workout plan as he'd be traveling with the team. he has a condition, not an injury. he's better off starting the rest of the year and going right into whatever he did last season.

No offense, but you sound like a dick.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I was in the "don't re-sign a soon-to-be 35 year old second baseman with two bad knees" group to begin with. And Hernandez hitting well (even though most of the tardbase gave up on him after his first 18) only proves to me that resigning him was dumb.

Now the tardbase thinks Hernandez will make a good "bench player." Fucking clowns.

Now everyone thinks resigning Ruiz is a good idea because "we need Ruiz!"

God, I hate these fans.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caligula. You kill me. lol. I agree on this absolute nonsense that started with Howard, then JRoll, then Utley, and now Ruiz when we have younger replacements like Rupp who should be playing. What fool fan thinks that Ruiz is worth a resign-for big bucks of course??!! Of course then there is brain-dead... ...enough said!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Caligula. You kill me. lol. I agree on this absolute nonsense that started with Howard, then JRoll, then Utley, and now Ruiz when we have younger replacements like Rupp who should be playing. What fool fan thinks that Ruiz is worth a resign-for big bucks of course??!! Of course then there is brain-dead... ...enough said!

This fanbase isn't any better than Reuben. They wanted They wanted Rollins resigned. They cheered the Howard extension. They wanted M. Young. They wanted Utley resigned. Now they want Ruiz resigned. This fanbase is worse than Rueben. Because, when a signing goes bad, that they cheered, they rant about the front office should have known better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid bastards get what they wish for and then whine up a storm when they suffer buyer's remorse. What on the planet do they expect when brain-dead is signing these aged stiffs to big, long-term contracts and then wonder aloud, whining that wins are decreasing and losses are up? I don't know which is worse-these fans or brain-dead or both? Un-freakin-believeable!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was in the "don't re-sign a soon-to-be 35 year old second baseman with two bad knees" group to begin with. And Hernandez hitting well (even though most of the tardbase gave up on him after his first 18) only proves to me that resigning him was dumb.

Now the tardbase thinks Hernandez will make a good "bench player." Fucking clowns.

Now everyone thinks resigning Ruiz is a good idea because "we need Ruiz!"

God, I hate these fans.

i agree.. and have said many times that even though utley has always been my favorite phillie, i do not want him back because of age and injuries. with that said though, at least utley is still a great player when he's on the field. all the others are questionable at best and definitely not needed.

i just don't follow why people want chase to sit and rest though. that's the last thing he needs according to his system and workload.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick