• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose Bronco Team Will It Be?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Manning retiring - it is not his team - Oz is a puppy - not his team - the highest contract will be Von Miller - it will be Von Miller's team. When you see game promos for Pats -Broncos - they will show Brady and Miller clips. The guy getting the interviews and the commercials will be Von Miller. The guy expected to impact the big games and the big game moments - will be Von Miller. Von Miller's team is coming.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wares or Elway's

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this topic a question? I think I see a question mark in the title. :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Elway's team by and large. Yes Von Miller is quickly making a name for himself but Elway with his legend as a player solidified and now his growing legend as a GM I just think he is the face of the franchise.

As for a player to us fans yes it is Von Miller but I think to the players it is DeMarcus Ware. I have listened to ex-players of the Broncos who have been in the locker room and they all had rave reviews of his leadership. Both offensive and defensive guys have locked onto him as the guy that they would run through a brick wall for.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still a QB driven league. IF the Broncos get Osweiler signed up and IF Brock performs, he will eventually join Von as the face of the franchise. All you have to do is peruse the various sports web sites. When you spot an article on the Broncos, there is usually an accompanying photo of Von, Brock, Manning or Elway. Brock is already on his way in the eyes of the media.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in disagreement - with my notion that Von Miller will be the highest paid Bronco? If he is the highest paid - it's his team in the sense - the expectation of the public is that he is the number 1 difference maker on the active roster. Von Miller took over the Super Bowl game. He will be expected to be a leader - spokesperson and catalyst for the Broncos - I think it is inevitable that the Broncos become his team. The question is - can Von Miller handle it? I think it got to Peyton Manning sometimes - that it was him or nothing (at least that's how it feels).

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in disagreement - with my notion that Von Miller will be the highest paid Bronco? If he is the highest paid - it's his team in the sense - the expectation of the public is that he is the number 1 difference maker on the active roster. Von Miller took over the Super Bowl game. He will be expected to be a leader - spokesperson and catalyst for the Broncos - I think it is inevitable that the Broncos become his team. The question is - can Von Miller handle it? I think it got to Peyton Manning sometimes - that it was him or nothing (at least that's how it feels).

I don't think anyone disagrees that Von Miller will be the highest paid but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Broncos are "his" team. Not only will the QB always garner a large portion of the spotlight but one of the beauties of this team is that they are a "team". With personalities and leadership from the likes of Sanders, Talib, Harris Jr., Ware (if he stays) and others, Von's responsibility to put the team on his back will be mitigated some. I agree that he's our premier player and many will look at the Broncos as his team but there is so much more to this Broncos squad.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone disagrees that Von Miller will be the highest paid but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Broncos are "his" team. Not only will the QB always garner a large portion of the spotlight but one of the beauties of this team is that they are a "team". With personalities and leadership from the likes of Sanders, Talib, Harris Jr., Ware (if he stays) and others, Von's responsibility to put the team on his back will be mitigated some. I agree that he's our premier player and many will look at the Broncos as his team but there is so much more to this Broncos squad.

I agree with you High. I guess I am referring to how the media will tend to play this - not how a knowledgeable Bronco fan would look at it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you High. I guess I am referring to how the media will tend to play this - not how a knowledgeable Bronco fan would look at it.

Got it! Well, from a media perspective I think it will be Von, Brock and Elway as the faces of the team. QB is going to always get some love and Elway is....well, Elway.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz got benched because he could not control the huddle. It has to be the QB team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz got benched because he could not control the huddle. It has to be the QB team.

This is the reason Oz will not be here if they (the staff) Soured on him .. My how Kubiak looks and demeanor changed when talking about this Game/Oz moment with the press as in his mind it was a got you moment ..

Almost a finality type a statement .. could be wrong .. just not a good vibe ..talking losing control and players making 12+ and up to a 100 mil invested being the face of your team kind of make you take a step back ..

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always objected to the phrase that it's "his team". I think it probably originated with calling the Bulls "Michael Jordan's team", the Lakers "Magic Johnson's team", or the Celtics "Larry Bird's team". Makes more sense to call a team a particular player's team in basketball than it does in football, I suppose, but it in both the NBA and the NFL a team's success or failure obviously depends on a hell of a lot more than one particular player.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are ya'll getting this info (supposed, anyways) that Osweiler didn't have control of the huddle when he was in there? I've heard/read pretty much exactly opposite of that. Also, Kubiak and Elway have had nothing but rave reviews about Oz and have both openly said they want him here for the future.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is not all true Kubiak pulled Oz so you do get that there was a reason ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are ya'll getting this info (supposed, anyways) that Osweiler didn't have control of the huddle when he was in there? I've heard/read pretty much exactly opposite of that. Also, Kubiak and Elway have had nothing but rave reviews about Oz and have both openly said they want him here for the future.

Search for kubiak

Find it in this vault .. I gat some stuff I need to get at ...

Oz I do love his potential .. but we have paid a crap pot full of money to develop him to this point ..

We got a guy that get lost after the first read .. I like that he does buy time and makes big plays ..the problems with that is there is a yang with that ..Teams will learn how to smother that with out the rest of the story ..

Do I hope he can read though his progressions ? Sure . Do I want to pay for him maybe learning to become a legit QB a 100 mill man Contract ..not really into the thought of Maybe

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just give him a real Contract to what he is worth and tell him that a higher contract will kill his carrier in that teams cannot wait for a QB to develop on Contracts that pay for full development !

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo de Nostradamus - strikes again.