• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who watched 170 and what you took away

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought the main event was stopped a little early as McMann was trying to stand up when Dean stepped in.

Cormier stomped the shit out of Cummins...but I think Cummins can win some fights. Just not this one.

Thought the Davis vs. Eye was debatable, but after Eye lied, then rambled after getting busted for smoking up, don't really care. Should have just admitted it and moved on. Debatable part being the ref parting them on clinch against the cage but then letting Davis camp on top the entire second round.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...might have been a tad early but I don't think it was overly bad. McCann went down immediately and while she recovered quickly post stoppage, she wasn't really defending herself as Dean was approaching. She looked overmatched too so I doubt it would have mattered. The talent pool in women's mma just isn't there

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's twice in a row for Herb Dean.

I get it. A bad stop can happen every now and then. But twice in row, both in championship fights which people are paying a lot of money to watch - is unacceptable.

Her knee hit my belly.:bawling:

Broseph

RIP Egon Spangler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a liver shot or a belly shot? From McMann's post-fight reaction, looks like it missed the liver, otherwise she would be writhing in pain on the mat for some time and the stoppage would have been a good one.

I was utterly pissed to see the main and co-main events serve up turds in very quick, uncompetitive contests after an entire evening of hard-fought, evenly matched fights. Joe Silva and Dana need to really step back and ask themselves what the fuck were they thinking when they booked Patrick Cummins off the street, and had he and Cormier engage in this stupid feud to fool the casuals into buying (I went to a bar to see it, myself).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you be pissed? You just admitted Cummins came off the street so why would you expect it to be a legit fight? You knew better going in to not set expectations high. The fight should have been cancelled after Evans got hurt and they couldn't find a real replacement. I didn't even bother to watch it since it was a total shit card anyway but finally caved and caught the lady fight since nothing else was on TV. There again, you can't really expect much going in. There just isn't enough talent in Womens MMA right now for Rousey fights to be good. She's senior varsity and everyone else is freshman JV. Most of the women in the sport have one discipline skill (like McCann with wrestling) and have just recently been giving crash courses in MMA fighting. That's why I typically avoid women's mma. The skill level just isn't there yet