• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Takes Over????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the Patriots will lose both Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia. Josh will be in Indianapolis or Tennessee and Matt will be in Detroit or New York. None the less, they will both be gone.

All indications are that Josh will be replaced by his assistant Chad McShea. McShea has been working under Josh for the past three years and the transition should be seamless.

It appears that Patricia will be replaced by Brian Flores if he doesn't get the Arizona head coaching job. Flores has been on the Patriots' coaching staff for 14 years. He work his way up from Position assistant with the defensive backs to Linebackers Coach and Ass't. Defensive Coordinator. He's a Belichick loyalist but getting a shot at a HC job might be too much to refuse. If he does go, I'm not sure if there is a Plan B.

The offense shouldn't change a bit, nor should the defense. But OTAs and training camp sure will be interesting to watch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defer on you to this. I don't really track the who's up next facet of the Pats coaching tree. But if the O-Coordinator has worked with both Brady and Josh that seems logical to me, the comfort level is there. It will be interesting of Flores is snagged who BB will target.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Flores gets the AZ job, I wonder if BB would try to lure Schiano back from Columbus. A reunion with Pepper Johnson as LB coach and DC-in-waiting with BB overseeing things for a year like he did when Josh left the first time would make a ton of sense, but I'm guessing he has no interest in coming back here after getting passed over for Patricia.

I still think Bettcher ultimately gets the AZ job, though...I have to think Arians' endorsement will factor heavily with their GM.

O'Shea to OC seems most logical since he's gotten the play-calling responsibility in the last pre-season game the last couple years, but Schuplinski seems to have a strong rep and he's presumably spent the most time with McDaniels.

Next year will definitely be a busier year for BB no matter what lol.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine he'll be in pretty high demand, but Kris Richard would be somebody I'd at least make a phone call to at this point. He could come in as DC if they lose Flores, or maybe bring him in as safeties coach for a year or two (and move Steve B. to LB's to continue his grooming) with the presumption Flores is going to get a HC gig before too long and he could slide right into DC after that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts leaked a little blurb yesterday saying that Josh McDaniels had accepted the Colts head coaching position. The reason??? Because the Tennessee Titans would very much like Mr. McDaniels to take overthe reins of the Titans. Typical Bob Irsay. Jump out of plane and then start looking for a parachute.

The Tennessee job offers a lot to the next head coach. Nashville is growing by leaps and bounds. The city has modernized itself while maintaining the country bumpkin image. Nashville is a vibrant, exciting place to live and cost of living is much lower than other cities of similar size. The football team ain't bad either. A 24 year old QB who we've learned injured his hamstring in the first quarter of the playoff game with the Patriots and the head coach folded his tent. Josh is known for being able to make adjustments and utilize the QB's other assets and figure a way to win with having Mariota run the ball. Something Josh will not allow him to do in the future unless it's absolutely necessary. Tennessee also has a GM that came from the Patriots and knows JM and how he works. If Josh decides take the Titans job, then we just might see NYG, AZ and IND all make irrationally fast moves to prevent othet teams from getting a head coach.

The Lions have been extremely quiet. They have interviewed several guys over the past week, but it's pretty much a smoke screen. Matt Patricia has been offered the job and accepted it. It's been rumored that if anything is leaked or even indicates that it's a done deal, then MP will walk away. He's concentrating on keeping his defense in NE focused and he's fully expecting them to carry the Patriots to SB LII.